Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
^The "You wouldn't understand" bit was condescending as well. It was just a bad line, a dumb way to make her seem different or special because OMG...in case we forgot...Lindsay is from...Montana!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Like I said, just a bad line. A better way to put it would have been, "I'm taking a walk in the rain. It's what I do when I need to clear my head."

^The "You wouldn't understand" bit was condescending as well. It was just a bad line, a dumb way to make her seem different or special because OMG...in case we forgot...Lindsay is from...Montana!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Like I said, just a bad line. A better way to put it would have been, "I'm taking a walk in the rain. It's what I do when I need to clear my head."

Well you can't fault the character of Lindsay for that, that was the writers choice. Just curious, if any other character had said this would you ignore it all together and feel sorry for that character because they are in pain?

BTW, where was Adam? He really livens up the show! I would of loved to see him working on that basketball case. :lol:

Well you can't fault the character of Lindsay for that, that was the writers choice. Just curious, if any other character had said this would you ignore it all together and feel sorry for that character because they are in pain?
Absolutely. If Mac said "it's a Chicago thing" I would scream at the TV set. All the characters in the show are the writers' choice 100% and everything they say it is. Lindsay will not exist if there weren't for a huge team to build her up.

BTW, where was Adam? He really livens up the show! I would of loved to see him working on that basketball case.

From my point of view, I would like to see Adam in everysingle episode, and more than 10 minutes. AJ is more than great when it comes to portraying the lovely lab geek.

Last edited:

No, a bad line is a bad line. :p Danny said something about how something "hurt my heart" in RSRD and that made me wince, too.

And yeah, my point in calling the line a bad one was more a critique of the writer than the character, though you can't totally separate the line from the character since the character did utter it.

BTW, where was Adam? He really livens up the show! I would of loved to see him working on that basketball case. :lol:

This show definitely needs more Adam. :D

Nope, it was not Lindsay's fault, it was the writers. Like Top41 said, it was a really bad line. It just came out wrong and I found it a little insulting towards Danny and that's saying a lot coming from me 'cause I really don't like that character. If another character would have said it, no I would not have ignored the comment because it was a stupid line altogether. "It's a Phoenix thing, it's a New York thing, It's a Chicago thing!" Walking in the rain is universal.

Someone else also mentioned that telling someone that they're walking the rain is silly (Sorry can't recall your name). But umm....I do it.

I don't know where Adam was in this episode. *sniff sniff* I missed him terribly. I totally agree with eveninstarz14 - he totally livens up the show and the basketball case might have been more interesting if we had some Adam in it. *sniff sniff*

I think we now have proof that Flack doesn't like Lindsay: "You should piss Lindsay off more often." That says it all, no? ;) Yes, it was banter, but it was also a dig at a relationship Flack doesn't approve of. Flack is more protective of Danny than anyone, and I suspect he's aware of how Lindsay treats Danny.

Ooooh! Interesting point!

What exactly does Flack think about Lindsey and the D/L situation? (I hesitate to call it a relationship) I was thinking about this very thing this afternoon while weeding the garden. (Hey, gotta think about something, right?:lol:)

When it comes to Flack, I tend to hold two opposing viewpoints at the same time. I find him interesting for the pure entertainment value because so much of what he thinks can been seen on his face, thus making him appear very open. However, I see hints that he is the most guarded of the characters (except maybe for Mac) Flack is always pegged as the bad cop, even the gambler is willing to bet 100 bucks that Mac is the good cop when the two are together.:)

I agree that Flack probably knows more about what it going on between D/L than anyone else. When he and Lindsey are on screen together he is professional and polite but certainly not connecting with her on a more interpersonal level. That could be Flack disapproving of her or it could be simply that she doesn't seem to really connect with the other characters.

Let's face it, the Flackman would never put up with the kind of treatment that L has dished out to Danny.

I'd love to hear some viewpoints on this topic!

[
I don't know where Adam was in this episode. *sniff sniff* I missed him terribly. I totally agree with eveninstarz14 - he totally livens up the show and the basketball case might have been more interesting if we had some Adam in it. *sniff sniff*

I miss Adam. :(

I was rewatching an epi from S2 and came across this Adam gem....

"The Penal code is his personal to do list. Pick a section and he has violated it."

Hysterically funny, and such a vivid image! :guffaw::guffaw:It brings to mind a crook camped out in the legal library with stacks of dusty law books piled around him furiously scribbling a to do list on a yellow pad.!!:guffaw:

AbbyD said:
Let's face it, the Flackman would never put up with the kind of treatment that L has dished out to Danny.

Eddie Cahill himself stated that Flack would never have had the patience for that sort of behavior. Something along the lines of, "Yes no yes no yes no ... not my thing."

Anybody has the word-for-word quote?

Here it is. Had to go searching to find it.

Deb: Lookaboomerang wants to know your thoughts on Danny and Lindsay's relationship.

Eddie Cahill: What about it?

Kristine: Many have asked if you think it's good for the show or not?

Kristine: Romance on a forensics drama in general, and Danny and Lindsay specifically.

Kristine: It's a bit controversial among fans.

Eddie Cahill: Oh. Yeah, I think it's good to breathe some life like that into the show. I think it's been an interesting potential that has carried itself till now.

Eddie Cahill: I don't think Flack would be so patient though.

Eddie Cahill: Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no ... not for me.

(Full transcript here.)

This episode totally needed some Adam. He could have been jealous of Danny and Flack getting to go to the game, or he could have been dorky about the cheerleaders or something.

At least his 'day off' (as I tend to refer to it when he's not in an episode) wasn't during a 'cool' case this time. No awesome spy cars or sharks or anything. :p

:lol: Oh man, I remember being at that chat. The bloody thing just had to pause right when I asked, "Where are the male strippers?" :eek: :p

Eddie paused for so long after that question was asked. Some of us who were at the chat were wondering if he'd jumped on his phone to TPTB to ask them what the hell to say. :lol: His, "What about it?" was rather abrupt after the long pause. The last two lines of his answer was what made me go from a viewer who thought Flack was handsome to a viewer who thought Flack was handsome and that Eddie had a mind of his own that went along with his good looks. Hahah!

this was easily one of the best episodes of this season.

the case was really interesting. not too twisted or over-complicated but still nice to watch. hell really hath no fury as a woman scorned.

and it was actually nice to see Danny and Lindsay working together again. I loved them both in this episode, especially Anna. the phone call was really sweet and its nice they are finally talking with each other.

the cabi-killer case is coming to an end and it was interesting to watch all different sides of the investigation - the processing, the politics, the media.

I had a feeling Reed is running head first into trouble. thats what you get when you dont listen to Mac the Wise :)

so Im biding Adios to Lady V and cant wait for the next episode

I definitely think that quote from Eddie has informed the way I've looked at Flack's interactions with Lindsay, but even before that I sensed a coldness he really doesn't have towards any of the other characters. I also noticed how in "All in the Family" he barely looked at her--he was looking down at the evidence or at his cell phone almost the whole time. Now, Flack doesn't stare at anyone the way he does with Danny, but he doesn't look away from the other characters like that either.

Bottom line--Flack is very, very protective of Danny and he gives Danny the benefit of the doubt even when maybe the situation doesn't call for it (On the Job, All in the Family). So I cannot see Flack not having a problem with the yo-yo way Lindsay has treated Danny. Hence the suggestion Danny piss Lindsay off more--it was a joke and a sign that he was happy to be at the game, but I think it was also a suggestion that Danny need not put up with Lindsay's crap all the time, without protest. Too bad Danny doesn't feel the same.

The chat took place back during, what, season two? If Eddie felt even then that Lindsay's behavior of yes no yes no was not something Flack would put up with, what must Flack think of her now?

It also shows just how long this drama llama has been dragged on.

I definitely think that quote from Eddie has informed the way I've looked at Flack's interactions with Lindsay, but even before that I sensed a coldness he really doesn't have towards any of the other characters.

So did I. The 'yes no yes no, not for me' statement heavily implied that Lindsay's behavior seesawed in a negative way even way back then and that if Eddie had any choice, he wouldn't want Flack to be burdened with such a character. So poor Danny/Carmine, eh? Eddie, you is a smart man. I hope to God TPTB doesn't f**k up Flack's character in season five.

Hence the suggestion Danny piss Lindsay off more--it was a joke and a sign that he was happy to be at the game, but I think it was also a suggestion that Danny need not put up with Lindsay's crap all the time, without protest.

Makes ya wonder how long it'll be before Flack himself has a word with Lindsay over her treatment of Danny. :evil:

The chat took place back during, what, season two?
Toward the end of S3.

The most evil wizard in hundreds of years--racist, vicious and cruel, a psychopath incapable of love...

Yup, Rikki is exactly like Voldemort. :vulcan:

Last edited:
The most evil wizard in hundreds of years--racist, vicious and cruel, a psychopath incapable of love...

Yup, Rikki is exactly like Voldemort. :vulcan:

Haha...It's kind of like the Nazi argument but not as bad.

I know that the basketball/taxi killer storylines took a backseat to the personal stuff this week, but I actually found the basketball storyline pretty plausible. Not to take it here but if it is conceivable for students to kill classmates and teachers for picking on them or making them feel like outcast. It is plausible for a person to want to seek revenge after being publicly humiliated like that girl.

Also can we talk about the middle school cheerleading uniforms on a professional level...former cheerleader kind of bothered me.

Back