• D

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
:lol: EAT A SAMMICH! [/random dork]

As I said before, I'm hoping this is a way for him to grow as a character and we'll see the results of that growth next week (or next season if they're mean :p)--otherwise, turning a likable character into an annoying one is just a waste.

Agreed. I don't think anybody hates Reed, it's just the way he's been acting these last few episodes has been irritating. The one thing most everybody has said about Reed since he was first introduced is that it's nice to have a CSI kid that isn't an obnoxious pain in the ass like Lindsey and Ray Jr. It would be a shame if that's what he turns into.:(

yeah, reed is my favorite "csi kid" by far. he's way better than lindsey willows and ray jr. and kyle. i also hope that he learns from this. i'm hoping there's lots of good father/son scenes with mac after he's rescued (if he's rescued i guess....but i just can't see them killing him....i'll be really pissed if they do)

Kimmychu said:
Like I said before, what happened between Danny and Rikki is IRRELEVANT to Danny/Lindsay and devolving things into Lindsay VS Rikki is silly and just shows how it's assumed Danny's entire freakin' world is supposed to revolve around Lindsay 24/7.

Uhm. No. It doesn't. Danny is way more three-dimensional than that. This is why I'm so pissed off at TPTB for turning Danny into a flat prop for Lindsay. I give kudos to Carmine for saying it like it is, because Danny being a prop is NOT doing the character any favors whatsoever.
I agree that indeed the Danny/Rikki relationship should've been irrelevant to the Danny/Lindsay one, but unfortunately the writers chose to turn that dead boy and his poor mom into a plot device to stir up things between D/L...and that's why I'm quite pissed at them.

They could've used Danny's grief and him pushing people away because of that perfectly without dragging Rikki into it.

On a personal note a little offended with the writers and the whole "a lot of books with big words for a cheerleader." Really? Apparently using ponpoms automatically must mean you cannot read, especially words with more than two syllables. As if I needed another reason to dislike Lindsay now she thinks all cheerleaders are airheads...come on the writers have to know generalizing is not very scientific.

dutch_treat said:
I agree that indeed the Danny/Rikki relationship should've been irrelevant to the Danny/Lindsay one, but unfortunately the writers chose to turn that dead boy and his poor mom into a plot device to stir up things between D/L...and that's why I'm quite pissed at them.

Personally, I still think the jury is out on Danny and Lindsay being in a relationship for all this time but I guess that's something we will always agree to disagree on. I also think the writers had a good reason to go with Danny having slept multiple times with Rikki, especially in light of what involved both of them. If the writers only used the Ruben-Rikki storyline as nothing more than a fleeting plot to get D/L going, heh, the writers have reached a new and pitiful low. Nothing makes me lose respect for a writer than to find out said writer only writes for the sake of pleasing the fans, particularly if it means resorting to horrible, bad-fic storylines to do it. But yeah, I'm reserving my final judgement on D/L until this season is over, and that's IF we ever get any confirmation on what the hell is going on between them. I take every single spoiler with a gigantic chunk of salt now, even supposedly confirmed ones.

PalmettoHunna said:
On a personal note a little offended with the writers and the whole "a lot of books with big words for a cheerleader." Really? Apparently using ponpoms automatically must mean you cannot read, especially words with more than two syllables.

The overdose of stereotypes on the show is something else I've become really annoyed with these days. Ya know, TPTB, it would actually be a nice change to see realistic characters with realistic lives and realistic emotions and oh, I dunno, realistic CONSEQUENCES. Nothing like brushing off an entire story arc and writing like it never happened the next episode to ruin the credibility of the show and the writing. </rant>

Is anybody in here from Montana? 'Cause I would like to know how the hell walking in the rain is a Montana thing! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm from Montreal and we got a shitload of snow this year but you don't see me walking around saying "making snowmans is a Montreal thing. You wouldn't understand."
Walking in the rain is a normal thing. Everyone tends to go for a stroll in the rain once in a while so that little comment really annoyed the hell outta me.

I'm not from Montana, but I did grow up on a very rural farm in the Midwest. The constant references to Lindsey being a "country girl" drive up absolutely up the wall!!!:censored:

All we know for sure from her background is that she is from Bozeman. Please, Bozeman is not the size of NYC (few cities are) but it is a city none the less.

This whole "rain walk, it's a country thing, you wouldn't understand" riff is just one part of the ridiculous portrayal of the character that just sends pains shooting through my head.

Along with other character traits that I won't go into now. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I agree with you. The idea that only Lindsey would walk in the rain (just as saying a that only a person from Montreal can make a snowman) is ludicrous.

New Question:

From reading the posts it appears that some people believe that Rikki has moved out of NYC entirely.

Why?

I remember her saying that she was moving. I took that to mean that she was moving out of the apartment which she had shared with her (now dead) son.

I can understand her moving out of the apartment and that particular apartment building. Maybe even out of the neighborhood.

But why would one assume that she is moving from the city?

Any thoughts?

New Question:

From reading the posts it appears that some people believe that Rikki has moved out of NYC entirely.

Why?

I remember her saying that she was moving. I took that to mean that she was moving out of the apartment which she had shared with her (now dead) son.

I can understand her moving out of the apartment and that particular apartment building. Maybe even out of the neighborhood.

Any thoughts?

Well, she did say she needed a fresh start..............."too many memories"

and if she stays in NY - there is a chance they may run into each other

again...which wouldn't be good for either one of them, especially now that he wants get back with Lindsay
(maybe for good)

Just a thought...............

New Question:

Why?

Any thoughts?

again...which wouldn't be good for either one of them, especially now that he wants get back with Lindsay
(maybe for good)

Leaving the city seems a bit extreme. She'd also have to leave her job and family. The only way it makes sense to me is if she was not a native New Yorker and returned to her place of origin (OK, that made her sound like an alien from outer space :lol:) We have no info on that either way.

What's the population of greater NYC? 8 or 9 million? It would be pretty darn easy to avoid Danny if that was what she wanted to do.

For me, I find her the only one to come out of the whole D/L/R triangle as a functioning adult. I like her.

Granted, she lost it a bit for a while there. But now she seems to have the grit to start rebuilding her life.

I like to think of her in NYC. Maybe she'll show up in a couple of months and snap Danny into realizing that Lindsey isn't all he thought she was. BTW, what exactly does Danny think Lindsey is?

New Question:

Why?

Any thoughts?

(maybe for good)

Leaving the city seems a bit extreme. She'd also have to leave her job and family. The only way it makes sense to me is if she was not a native New Yorker and returned to her place of origin (OK, that made her sound like an alien from outer space :lol:) We have no info on that either way.

What's the population of greater NYC? 8 or 9 million? It would be pretty darn easy to avoid Danny if that was what she wanted to do.

For me, I find her the only one to come out of the whole D/L/R triangle as a functioning adult. I like her.

Granted, she lost it a bit for a while there. But now she seems to have the grit to start rebuilding her life.

I like to think of her in NYC. Maybe she'll show up in a couple of months and snap Danny into realizing that Lindsey isn't all he thought she was. BTW, what exactly does Danny think Lindsey is?

I agree. I assumed she meant out of the building not out of the city. I also think the memories she is trying to escape are of the life she had with Ruben in that building. There are too many memories of her son there. It sure didn't seem like she wanted to flee as far as possible from Danny. It was obvious to me that while they agree the sex, under the circumstances, was a mistake, they didn't part on bad terms.

As for what Danny thinks Lindsay is or isn't, I don't have a clue. And I'm for once not even being sarcastic. I really don't know what draws either of them to the other, and judging by their track record with communication I doubt we'll ever find out.

I think Rikki wanting to get away from the memories could mean she's moving across town or across the country--we really don't know much about her. Maybe she's going to stay with family in another state, or maybe she's just moving to a different apartment building.

I think she wants to avoid Danny, at least for now. For all that she doesn't blame him for Ruben's death, he's part of the 'memories' that haunt her in that building. I get the feeling that she's trying to move on, and in doing so she has to leave Danny behind.

As for what Danny and Lindsay see in each other--he's a city boy and she's a country girl, isn't that all we need to know? [/slight sarcasm]

Speaking of Lindsay being from Bozeman--I looked Bozeman up back when I was actually curious about Lindsay and where she was from (before I realized that it didn't matter since she was going to be an inaccurate stereotype anyway). Bozeman is beautiful, and I got the feeling it was more realistic for Lindsay to be into theater and such* than to be a rootin'-tootin' cowgirl.

* Which would not only have served her well in NYC (the quick mention in "Youngblood" wasn't much, and they never mentioned her knowing about theater beyond knowing the songs from "Wicked", if I remember correctly), but it also might have served Anna well in the role (since she has a theater background). Having Lindsay talk about rawhide braiding (without gloves, of course, because that's logical) and walking in the rain and all that jazz sounds more like what people think the 'Midwest' is (is Montana even the Midwest?) than what it actually is--why not educate people? They picked Bozeman for a reason, why not increase awareness or something?

Of course, I guess if they don't accurately represent the city they're set in, I certainly can't expect them to represent two cities correctly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm so late to this thread it's not even funny. :lol: Most of what I would say has already been said, so I'll keep it brief. I gave the episode a B.

A few things that stood out...

Love the taxi cab killer, but I don't think he's some mental patient off his meds. Sociopath yes, but not some madman lunatic type. Way too methodical for that, and Mac should know better, but then he's under insane amounts of pressure so I get why he'd cling to a lead.

Reed! I still love him. I think he's gotten caught up in youthful idealism and egotism, but he'd about to learn a hard lesson.

The "rain walk. It's a Montana thing. You wouldn't understand" was the stupidest line of dialogue. :rolleyes: Montana is not another planet, writers, and plenty of people walk in the rain in NYC!!! :rolleyes:

Lindsay was an immature twit in the episode, but what else is new? If she knew about Rikki and was mad at Danny for that, I'd sympathize with her. But she's not. She's mad at him for doing the same thing to her that she did to him just one season ago. Seriously, could the writers make it any more impossible to sympathize with this character?

Danny's just a damaged mess and thinks he doesn't deserve any better than someone who treats him badly and finds him hard to love.

The parting with Rikki was cliche but understandable. I'm not surprised she's moving. Loved the sugar bit--Rikki is right, Danny is sweet.

Danny's only moments of happiness in the episode were with Flack, at the game and watching the cheerleaders. As ever, Danny and Flack are just adorable and fun to watch. Love their banter at the game.

I think we now have proof that Flack doesn't like Lindsay: "You should piss Lindsay off more often." That says it all, no? ;) Yes, it was banter, but it was also a dig at a relationship Flack doesn't approve of. Flack is more protective of Danny than anyone, and I suspect he's aware of how Lindsay treats Danny.

Oh, and if Danny is going to move in with anyone, it should be Flack. :p If Flack is that excited to just get to go to a basketball game with Danny, can you imagine how over the moon he'd be to have Danny in the bedroom next door so he could [CENSORED BY THE PG-13-O-METER] any time he wanted to? :devil: ;)

Oh, and if Danny is going to move in with anyone, it should be Flack. :p If Flack is that excited to just get to go to a basketball game with Danny, can you imagine how over the moon he'd be to have Danny in the bedroom next door so he could [CENSORED BY THE PG-13-O-METER] any time he wanted to? :devil: ;)

Mwahahahah! YES! :devil:

Shame that is never going to happen in reality... :lol:

Top said:
The "rain walk. It's a Montana thing. You wouldn't understand" was the stupidest line of dialogue. :rolleyes: Montana is not another planet, writers, and plenty of people walk in the rain in NYC!!! :rolleyes:
I never got the impression that she meant that it was something that is only done in Montana...I got the feeling that she was referring to when she was still in Montana, that it was something she did there whenever she was feeling down and/or needed to sort things out in her head.

Then his respons to her "You wouldn't understand" with "Maybe I would. Maybe there's a lot of things that, that I understand now" makes more sense too...

Top said:
I never got the impression that she meant that it was something that is only done in Montana...I got the feeling that she was referring to when she was still in Montana, that it was something she did there whenever she was feeling down and/or needed to sort things out in her head.

Then his respons to her "You wouldn't understand" with "Maybe I would. Maybe there's a lot of things that, that I understand now" makes more sense too...

The only way "It's a Montana thing" can be interpreted as Lindsay talking only about herself is if she's suddenly started talking about herself in the third person using Danny's nickname for her. If she was talking about herself though, why would she tell Danny he wouldn't understand? He's not a moron so I think he'd be able to understand the concept of walking in the rain to clear one's head.

^ It's not the only way, when she said "It's a Montana thing" my first thought was that she meant 'It is something that I used to do in Montana' and the "You wouldn't understand" was more of an excuse, there will be people who understand and perhaps do it too, but admitting to someone that you are simply walking in the rain may seem a bit silly...

Back