Grade 'People With Money'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have to admit (unashamedly) I've dived straight into reading the spoilers and am now looking forward to this ep when we finally get in merry ole England. I'd like to say I'm chuffed that Sid has some choice moments. I've only seen a couple of episodes with him in it and he's already a fave of mine.

From what I've read the Mac/Peyton thing seems a bit strained. I don't really rate Claire Forlani as someone I'd go out of my way to see act, I'll admit. Also, what kind of accent does she have? Is it a regional accent or is she spouting off that 'raaaatherrrr' non accent which seems to be the norm? I remember hearing Jane's voice and rolling my eyes a bit-Hey hum. :rolleyes:

Nice to know Flack's back and I'm glad Hawkes seems to be paired up with Sid (less of the giggling over there)

Danny's got a new haircut, there's a new girl that has been cloned from Aiden, Mac get's his shirt off, Lindsay's still annoying, there's something wrong with Stella's eyes and Peyton sucks...

Oh and there's a bit about naked bungee jumping as well?

I have to wait MONTHS to see this thing. Just not fair.

Glad you've all had your fix though ;)

2. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

i agree loze... i am soo psyched up for this season!!! as soon as i got up this morning i got straight on here to read about it! hehe it sounds like it is gonna make for a brilliant seasoN!!

does anyone know if there are any screen shot sites for that epi? ive tried lookin, but only found the ones that have already been posted! :(
    was the lovely Danny in it for much of the episode? not maky people have said lol
    i wanna see him!!!!! :D :D :D :D

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I don't know, I got the opposite impression. Peyton and Mac arrived separately, and she teased Flack that he was the guy who interrupted her evening, then immediately corrected herself to include Mac in that comment, making it sound like she wasn't with Mac. Then Flack asked her how she enjoyed her evening blah blah, he sounded like he didn't have an inkling she & Mac were together earlier. That's why Mac gave her "a look" after her comment. And that's what he was referring to in the final scene, that the "moment" they had at the crime scene (or nearly had, until she covered herself) made him uncomfortable. And that's why he hesitated at the end, when she suggested leaving the lab together for dinner. I got the impression he wasn't exactly trying to cover the relationship up, but he definitely was uncomfortable with them appearing as a bonafide "couple" in front of co-workers. And his office is closed in, not glass walls like Grissom's, isn't it? So when he kissed her, there was no danger of anyone seeing them. That was just my impression, but I swear I read in a couple of different places that Mac is pretty much hiding the relationship, for all intents and purposes.

Re: Angell, I don't see her as an Aiden rip-off, either. I guess because I had watched her last season on Two and a Half Men, and although she was a bit more polished in that role, she still had attitude then, too, so I didn't get a feeling of an Aiden wannabe. And I do agree with whomever said she fills a bit of a hole, so I'm looking forward to liking her character. And yeah, I immediately sensed some fun chemistry between she and Danny. Not necessarily romantic, but I thought they played off eachother very well - and in that respect, that's where any similarities come into play with Aiden, for me...

ETA: I also noticed something different with Stella's eyes, it did look like they did her makeup differently, more mascara, and more eyeliner extending beyond the corners of her eyes, which she never did before. It brought them out more, but yeah, it was kind of disconcerting, at first. A very different look, for her.

4. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

macs room has glass walls too.... he writes on them lol well at least he did in series 2! lol

5. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I did too!

Bungee sex, oookaayy, that's....different.....

Mac without a shirt! :devil: Me likey. I'm glad Mac's happy(for now, anyway) but I don't know Peyton, so I don't know why Mac's so into her.

Hawkes and Hammerback are as funny as ever. "Sid, you're going to that creepy place again." :lol:

Yay! Continuancy(sp?)! Glad they brought up Flack's recovery early on.(and it looks like in next week's promo it's going to be a plot point.)

6. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

I don't like Peyton at all. During the end of the episode, I was screaming "NO Mac, don't do it!!!!". IMHO, I think she should go back to wherever she came from.

I loved that part when Hawkes said "Sid, you're going to that creepy place again.". I thought it was hilarious!

I thought the plot was pretty good. The only part that made me mad was all those scenes with Mac and Stella. They are so in the closet! And Stella was being so nice to Peyton. Too nice. I bet when Stella finds out, she will be peeved.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm not reading anything!!!!!season two just ended here in asia...we have to wait for few months before we see the new season...i'm so jealous with you guys.

8. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I was bitterly disappointed by the episode because I found the cases frenetic and often illogical. For example, why didn't Mr. Bodyguard take it upon himself to protect his pampered client when the Barbie Throwdown broke out? That's what he's paid for, isn't it? It would have made more sense had he accidentally killed the other girl in protecting his client. The excuse that his client's death under his watch explains his cover-up after the fact, but does bupkus to explain his failure to do his job. It looked like the writers wrote themselves into a corner and couldn't be arsed to write themselves out of it.

Det. Angell is a waste of screen time and a poor Aiden clone.

I don't hate Peyton Driscoll, but I find her incredibly naive. Does she honestly think work won't affect her personal relationship with Mac? Mac will cover his professional ass and protect the integrity of his lab at whatever personal cost, and if he has to choose between it and her, I know who's leaving. This is a trainwreck in the making.

It wasn't a total wash; Hawkes seems to be comfortable in his CSI skin, and Flack was appropriately giddy to be back on the job, but the writers have still shown no grasp of pacing, either in the long- or -short term, and the visual presentation of the show continues to sink under a morass of sloppy editing and ludicrous jump cuts.

The show hasn't jumped the shark, but buddy, the boat is on the ramp.

9. DistractedlyHere

DistractedlyHere Victim

YES!!!

Also agree that her accent is very weird.

I think they used all the makeup for Stella and there was none left for Lindsay. She looked ragged. I was hoping they would bring back "tough Lindsay" that was in the early S2 eps. Straight hair, makeup, unmousey...not this Lindsay. I really really WANT to like her, she just came off kind of Blah, and weird in this ep.

Have I mentioned how glad I am you are all around to chat with this about?? :) You get it. My husband actually tried to sit next to me and watch this ep, and I was like "Honey you just don't get it, I've been waiting for this for months...please go in the other room." ;)

10. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

lol my boyfriend gets like that.. but when he watches it he always asks me wats goin on! :lol:

at least if we were watching it with carmine.. or gary.. or eddie.. they would be quiet!!! hehe

oh but hang on.. would you actually be abe to sit there with one of them. tryin to watch it?
    hehe i think not! :lol: :devil:

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I liked Peyton and Det. Angel. Hot women can only help the show--though Angel does resemble Aiden a bit too much.

Danny looks more like Logan Cale from Dark Angel than ever it seems, even though Michael Weatherly has ditched the specs and shaved for NCIS.

Is it just me, or did the writers make Lindsey out to be more of a rookie than she'd been before?

Mac is as tough and cool as ever, though it's nice to see he's willing to open up to Peyton, but not compromise his professionalism or integrity. I'm open-minded about this development. :D

12. kasmith101

kasmith101 Rookie

^ I thought Lindsey was weird in this episode. I couldn't tell which side of her the writers wanted us to see.

At the beginning when she was asking Flack how many numbers he got, I was like, oh is the cool fun Lindsey. But then she did that weird thing with the tie... THAT seemed like a "forced moment" to me. I just don't know. I'm curious to see the next episode where she goes undercover or something.

Oh yeah, and I was so happy to see Adam, although I don't really like the beard. I guess I could get used to it though. ;)

Oh yeah, did anyone else notice that they didn't change the opening? I'm sort of bummed about that. :(

13. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

yay!!!! i'm finally watching the epi!!! :lol:
    yeah i noticed that they hadnt changed the opening... although, they havent really got any one new to add that is actually gonna be in it for the whole season? but they could have at least updated there looks!!!
    Danny no longer looks like the young man he was! he is now a hot sexy stud!!! hehe :lol:

once the epi has finished, i shall grade :D but so far i am LOVIN it!!! hehe
    am on the scene in the morgue with sid and hawkes :lol:

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Goin' to that CREEPY PLACE again! :eek:

15. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

:lol: dats the one Hankster :D