Grade 'People With Money'

Okay, the Peyote stuff is so awkward and uncomfortable. Remember that episode of The Simpsons where they add Poochie to Itchie and Scratchie? Remember how in the Simpsons world, all of a sudden there's this dude staying with the Simpsons and they all seem to know him somehow, but the audience has no idea who he is? Remember how they made fun of the fact that every time a show starts slipping, they add a new character for no reason whatsoever?

That's how it feels. Flack's all, "Hey, Peyote!" And Stella is all, "hey, Peyote!" but I have NO idea why on earth Flack and Stella know or even like this woman. Or why I should like her. I don't know. She seems really smarmy and know-it-all, too. Granted, it's only been 13 minutes, but I think I've had enough Peyote (there's a sentence I thought I'd never type). Plus, it's really uncomfortable and unprofessional that she and Mac parade their relationship like that in the middle of a crime scene. No, just, no. There are some thing better left to the imagination. AND HER NAME FUCKING SUCKS! Like any respectable British family would name their daughter Payton. Some white trash family in the middle of Slump Dump Falls, Arkansa, maybe, but the British are better than that.

Plus, what's with Mac and British women? The two elements just don't seem to match, somehow.

"Angel got her wings." *shoots herself* Whoever wrote that needs to go back to CSI: Miami.

Okay, how'd Stella know it was him? Those cameras aren't THAT good. And they can't charge him w/ murder-he was defending himself.

Oh, and ThisIsMe-I think it was a "normal" suicide.

Not a bad ep-solid B

ACW1129 said:
Okay, how'd Stella know it was him? Those cameras aren't THAT good. And they can't charge him w/ murder-he was defending himself.

I'm not sure about the murder charge, but as soon as I saw the silhoette (no clue if that word is spelled right), I knew it was the father.

That accent of Payton's is going to annoy me after awhile. I'm not too sure about that other detective. She seemed kind of like Vanessa 2.0, but not as tough.

Yeah, I thought that it was just ok. I am glad that Mac is getting some action, he is well overdue and they must have a thing with Mac and British women. strange.

I was rather pleased to see my two future sex slaves working a case together. It was so hot to see them walk into the scene together.

Does anyone else think that the new Det. Angell is supposed to be a little bit like Aiden? Such as her attitude? Maybe it is just me.

I wish I was more hyped up for it :( Although next week, it looks like Lindsay gets into trouble, sadly, I hope that she is put out of commission. I still don't like her. Sorry!

I really liked this episode, and in fact can find little wrong with it. OF course once I watch it ad infinitum on Innertube, I might find something wrong other than wooden!Lindsay, but I think it was great.

My first A.

I really liked tonight's episode! I gave it an "A" because it wasn't perfect, but it was definitely interesting. I actually didn't mind the character of Peyton, and I don't think the Peyton/Mac relationship was really thrown into our faces like I thought it would be from the spoilers. We only dealt with them together for like three to five minutes of the episode. I liked the Hawkes scenes we had and was glad he got some time in the episode because I always feel like he gets neglected. The scene with him and Dr. Sid was absolutely hilarious and made me laugh. I actually wasn't surprised that the father killed the boyfriend because like someone else wrote, I could tell from the silhouette in the picture.

Overall, I think the episode was brilliant, and I can't wait until next week's episode!

I gotta say, I was underwhelmed. Being a Big Mac fan I was all pumped up for this "very sexually interesting situation" in the first scene and curious to see what Gary was "apprehensive" about and all we get is two phones ringing, them looking at them and the t.v. on the background with some late night show. Please!!! This looked more like old married people to me. I'm disappointed. I'm about ready to defect to some other network at 9 o'clock and just watch it on TiVo. Yawn. :eek:

This is what happens when you let the spoilers ruin your perception of teh episode :lol: The spoilers built it up to be waaaaay more than it turned out to be. Granted, it wasn't pitch perfect, but I think that if the rest of teh season continues this way, it's going to be a great season.

ACW1129 said:
Ok, first off, we need to have separate threads for the Canadians/Europeans/whoever sees it before we in the US see it.
The US and Canada do see it first, all depends on what time zone you're in. The episode discussion is contained in one thread (like this one), so as those not wanting to know stuff, aren't spoiled...that is until all of N.A. gets it I believe. :)

Oh, and ThisIsMe-I think it was a "normal" suicide.
Ah, okay. Just wasn't sure if I missed something :)

I also loved the "creepy place" line. Hilarious.

I'm with you partway, MBGrissom...Bones and CSI NY :) *bounces*

Shirtless Mac: yummy. Peyton: I want my Smacked! I say we kick Peyton out and take her place in Mac's place...*giggle*

I'll say A maybe.

Holy Moley, great way to end the show - Go Mac Man! Nice kiss! :p And he cooks her dinner - who knew Mac "...makes a killer cheeseburger"? But you could already see echoes of the bad things to come, for the Cute Couple.

It was great to see Flack up & on his feet again after his injury, what a cutie. And he admit to Lindsay that he got 3 phone numbers during his flirtation, LOL. I liked the new female detective Jennifer Angell, too. Beautiful, fearless, funny and smart-alecky. Great addition to the show, IMO. And Sid the coroner, what can I say, I just love that kooky guy. Loved his "Egyptian necrophilia" story to a squicked-out Hawkes, who tells him "Whoa, Sid! You're going to that *creepy* place again..." :lol:

Naked bungee jumping...er, no thanks, don't think I'll be trying that one, soon! Felt so sorry for the poor guy who died on the bridge, thinking it was going to be the happiest moment in his life when he proposed to his pregnant stripper sweetie. After they ruled out the stripper and the ex-girlfriend, I set my sights on Daddy Dearest as the killer, and I was right. Loved Mac's parting shot at him before he got taken away in the squad car:"I'm sure this is a very *proud* moment for you all..."

The high society party girls were remarkably reminiscent of two other famous NY high society party girls...Paris and Nicole, anyone? And the Battle of the Bodyguards? Sheesh, some folks have way too much time and money on their hands. And Tequila Belly Button shots, sure brought back memories, for me! Enjoyed watching Danny trying to match fist and tongue prints, and Lindsay once again using Mac as her guinea pig for her physical demonstrations. She's pretty funny, when she's around her Boss Man.

Sharp eyed viewers will have caught what Mac/Peyton were watching on TV in their first shot: The Late Late Show with Craig Fergusen, :D. I wonder if the clip they showed was of the same show that Gary appeared on last week?

All in all, good eppy. Not their best, but I liked it, gave it an A-. Everyone got some good face time, and it was a nice introduction to the new characters (although Peyton won't be around for long). I'm sooooooooo glad CSI NY is back! (And OT, Criminal Minds rocked tonight, too!)

OK AGREE:
Hawkes: "Sid, you're going to that creepy place again." Best line of the night.

Agree Flack/Stella/Lindsay scene on him scoring digits was cute.

Peyton totally ANNOYS me. Don't like her. Not a fan. Go away. Special Guest star - that only means 3 episodes right?? Please go away. If Mac has to be with w Brit - how about Jane? We like her. She's been around for a bit. They have a rapport.

AND Angell = Aiden 2.0 = YES!!!!! I like her, and I kinda think she and Danny would be cute....plus that would Lindsay free for Flack ;-)

MBGrissom said: And the Battle of the Bodyguards? Sheesh, some folks have way too much time and money on their hands.
Danny with "You were cock fighting?"...new meaning to the term :p

and Lindsay once again using Mac as her guinea pig for her physical demonstrations. She's pretty funny, when she's around her Boss Man.
That was a cute moment. Stella seemed so amused. "I love it when she does this"
:lol:

Okay, for me, the good:

1. The cute Stella/Flack/Lindsay scene about the phone numbers.
2. The Hawkes/Hammerbeck stuff
3. I liked straightforward, earnest tough-cop Danny
4. Angell has promise, not over the top.

The Bad
1. I'm sorry, but Peyton is too Mary Poppins for me.
2. The who Peyton/Mac romance seemed out of place, not handled well.
3. Not enough Danny because he's so cute!!
4. Not enough Flack!!!

Back