Grade 'Love Run Cold'

Overall, gave this episode a B. It was okay but just that, okay. I guess I expected more coming into this week after last week's great epi.

As many have said, both cases were alright - nothing special. I wasn't as interested in them as I could have been and thought they both could have been wrapped up a little better.

Liked the Flack/Danny interaction this episode, especially when they were interrogating the suspect both on the street and in the station. Loved Flack's singsong "we found some…" - v. cute. As for their friendship, I thought I'd see a little more from Danny in COTP like most of you, but I also understood the episode was so centered around Mac/Flack and that Danny had had so much emotional play the previous episodes. I felt the writers were forcing us to put 2 and 2 together ourselves with the Danny/Flack friendship was understood - not to assume Danny was being a bad friend. Though, that being said, I'd rather see it, not have to assume it - I think a little line thrown in somewhere is a good idea. Anyways, I also liked Stella, Hawkes and Mac working together - they just seemed entirely professional, some light lines here and there and worked together v. well.

As for Danny & Lindsay I don't know what to think. Being pretty neutral about the whole D/L thing along with the feeling that both actors lack the chemistry needed towards each other to pull this off, I actually came into this episode a tad bit excited about their storyline because of how last week played out. But I was v. disappointed. Her standing Danny up, I just don't understand. I know people get stood up but, she works with the guy - did she really think she'd be able to avoid him so much so that she wouldn't have to explain herself like she seemed to be trying to do? I just thought it was pretty sad (making Lindsay look bad) that he had to force her into a corner to find out what was going on with her instead of her actually being direct with him herself - they're two adults after all. After the big hug, she knew he was feeling something for her so why let him chase you around like that if you're such a friend first and foremost? Guess that wouldn't make good TV? I don't know… but I think it could have been written better - don't buy Danny chasing her…

Also, I understand it wasn't immature for him to tell her he was there if she needed anything - he was just being a good friend. It was the way that it was played out that I didn't like. I really like Danny on his own and like Lindsay on her own (most times - the scene where she vowed to get the waitress' prints and her interaction with the waitress just seemed a little too prissy or bratty or something…); together I just can't be sure about them - I think they should just drop it with this episode unless the writers come up with something to make it all flow better…

Something about the entire episode in general just didn't sit right with me. Someone said forced and that's a good word for it. Guess I'll just have to watch all the gorgeous guys again to see if I can't get a better feel for it… ;)

I wasn't really happy with the way the episode was set up. Those of you who said it seemed forced, I totally agree with you. None of it really seemed to flow, atleast not to me.

The way the interaction with Danny and Lindsay just didn't come out great to me. I felt sad for Danny in the end, and it made Lindsay out to be a bad character. It's just not linking there. Plus, those scenes were almost the most pumped for viewers to see, which took focus off the cases. I don't know if that's true for anyone else, but I actually got my brother and his wife to watch it last night, and my sis in law was mainly worried about the Danny/Lindsay thing.

It should've just been left alone, especially if the writers are going to continue handling it this way.

I give it an A :)
I read some reviews before watching it, and I was worried about not liking it...but I like it! Nice stories, nice job from the director, cool music... :)

The bad-cop scene was the best!!! Danny and Flack together..ah, awesome! :rolleyes:

Loved the face of Hawkes when super-Stella got the right answer, LOL :lol:

About Danny and Lindsay...I laughed all-the-time :D I know, poor Danny wasn't laughing, but...why is he always asking for food??? Please, give this man something to eat!!! LOL

I noticed that in this episode there was only the main cast. No Adam, Peyton, Jennifer...

I just found this board and I had to say I was left wondering what happned to her to miss the dinner with Danny. Like some of you say she must have something her past to stop her from pursing something with him. I hope they keep this storyline going and we see what that secret going. Last weeks eppy was good (imiop) that Danny was worried for her and when she dropped the flash bang he was right there for her. pally

I gave it an A-.
The cases bored me. I didn't find either of them intersting, and being a show that is majority about the cases, I think they could of done better.

Okay, who didn't laugh at Danny being stood up? I felt sorry for him, but Danny if you are going to go to a nice resaurant like that at least put on a nicer shirt! :lol:

I thought Anna was great in this episode, the way she kept putting Danny off. And as a D/L shipper, I was finally glad that this whole "do you like me, cause I like you" thing was finally discussed.

About Danny and Lindsay...I laughed all-the-time I know, poor Danny wasn't laughing, but...why is he always asking for food??? Please, give this man something to eat!!! LOL

I think he just wanted to go out with Lindsay, try to back her up into a wall, so she would have to go out with him. Since she stood him up and all. Just my observation..

Flack....what more could I say about Male perfection? :lol: Sorry, I'm biased! :lol:

Top you posted a REALLY great post. I can honestly feel what you are saying, (gosh, I just sounded like a hippie! :p) but I love D/L and it does feel like they are making extra drama to keep them apart. I mean, yeah sure in real life you can start to like a co-worker(right now I have this major thing for my boss at work) but I think it would be more real if Danny and Lindsay did sleep together. He likes her, she likes him. Thats what adults do.
I hope when Lindsay deals with all of her issues, she can jump Danny's bones! :lol:

Well...I think that is all I have to say.

I have to watch it again today because the first time you see it it's hard to really catch everything that happens. And I definitely haven't had my Flack fix yet. Can't EVER get enough of him. He didn't get much screen time, boo... I do hope we get more into Flack this season. I know, yada yada, all the Flack fans are saying that, but if the writers don't address the bombing, etc, that will irritate me much more than anything they do or don't do with Danny and Lindsay.

So my favorite parts of this episode were the Danny/Flack scenes, and Danny/Sid. To me, that was Danny at his best. As well as always needing the food. :lol: He needs to keep his stamina up for all his drama.

D/L, I'm not exactly a shipper, but not exactly against it. BUT I think the writers made Lindsey look childish through the whole thing. Who stands someone up? That actually happens in adult-land? At least make up a lame excuse, but to just not show up and then act all nonchalant and "whatever" about it later.

It doesn't seem to me that Danny was chasing her really, but just confronting her on her adolescent behavior. He for once seemed to be the more adult one. She was avoiding him like she was in high school. Good thing there wasn't another CSI on that case with them or she may have insisted on them only talking to Danny or something.

The cases were sooo boring to me. I really didn't care one way or another who killed those people. The victims weren't interesting at all, so I could've cared less why they were killed.

I missed Adam and Angell, and yes even Peyton. I liked her last episode with Sid. Although, I didn't really miss the Mac/Peyton interactions.

I gave it C.

Okay, I finally went back and rewatched the episode. As usual, it was better the second time around. ;)

The cases were still pretty boring, and there were definitely a lot of conveniences (I think someone used that word earlier in a review ;)). Plus, of course, there are the things that just don't make sense. Did the ice sceptor break off when he stabbed her, and only a small part remained in the wound, which then melted? How come Danny didn't figure out that the feather was synthetic to begin with? Are people allowed to bury their dead animals in flower beds in NYC? Etc.

I admit that I missed Angell and Adam, they could have had small parts at least. But at the same time I know it's better to switch it up with who gets screentime in each episode, so I'll survive. :p I wish Sid had been a bit more entertaing his week, the scene with him and Mac just felt a bit...off for some reason. However, I did like the interaction with Hawkes, Stella and Mac. :D And the Danny and Flack scenes were great. I loved those. Hell, when Danny asked Don if he was impressed and Flack was like 'yeah,' I have to admit my eyebrow quirked up a little bit. I mean, I'm a shipper so I'm probably going to interpret things in a shippy way to begin with, but the way he said that just kind of made me smirk. :p Talk about making it easy, Flack! :lol:

The avoiding-the-situation thing wasn't working, and Lindsay had to realize that eventually she was going to have to talk about it. But I think the end scene was done pretty well, all things considered. You could tell she just wanted to avoid it, but by making a conscious effort to just say that she needed time, it shows that she's already in the process of dealing with her baggage. I still think it was pretty stupid to accept a dinner invitation in the first place, if she didn't want to get in too deep with Danny, because accepting and then standing him up was kind of dumb. (No, I'm not saying Lindsay is dumb, just that the whole situation was not well thought-out by the writers, IMO.) And I'm not even going to get into the timeline with the dinner and the case and that friggin shirt. :lol: Of course, to be fair, the guy at the table behind him wasn't exactly wearing a suit. ;)

The way that Danny acted in that final scene was pretty interesting. He basically tried to rationalize 'dating' as just hanging out. Whether he was thinking that they could just be friends or if he just didn't want to admit to deeper feelings is beyond me, but I'm hoping that the writers do just let them 'do their jobs' and stop pushing this. Danny understood that she had crap to deal with, she made it clear that she had to deal with that crap, so it should be resolved for the moment. I can't say I'll ever be on board this ship because, frankly, I think the writers expect too much that the on-screen chemistry just doesn't provide. I need more than pretty words on paper, I need to see it when I watch the show.

All in all, I'd say the episode gets a B+, which is a pretty low grade for me. The relationship stuff was bad, yes, but not enough to lower the grade significantly. For me, the main issue is that the cases just didn't intrigue me, and the resolution wasn't satisfying. They didn't make me care about the victims, and they didn't even make me sympathize with the murderers. All I kept thinking was 'gee, that dead girl's boyfriend looks a lot like the guy that plays Lex Luthor on Smallville.' Yeah, that's a sign that I'm paying attention. :lol:

I really don't have much to say about this episode. I didn't *hate* it by any means but I didn't completely like it either.

I really hope that Danny/Lindsay shipping remains a fanfiction only occurance from now on, it just doesn't work on the screen.I agree with what others have said: If Lindsay didn't want to go out with Danny, why didn't she just say so instead of standing him up?

Flack and Danny have far more chemistry in their scenes then Danny and Lindsay do.

I didn't get a chance to watch it until today (taped it).
I liked it better than I thought I would, after reading some of the reviews. The cases were so-so, they weren't great, but certainly not butt-clenchingly boring. I did like that they tried to portray life after disabilities in a rather positive light. The brother adjusted to his disability more than his sister seemed to, and I loved Stella's line, "He took your brother's legs...not his life."

Enjoyed Flack/Danny's Good Cop/Bad Cop routine. Also loved Sid, but then I always do. Also liked the cute scene where Stella trumped Hawkes and figured something out before he could tell them. :D Hawkes was so cute. "Somebody must have told you..."

Now, for the D/L interaction. I almost wish they would have kept the first scene where he mentions she stood him up, she said something came up, and left it at that. Maybe have her apologize briefly and say she's not ready to take it to that level, then cut it. It made the strain between them for the remainder of the show rather distracting, I found myself concentrating on that, rather than the case. Although I will say this: in the end, I get the feeling that the D/L interaction was less of the writers forcing the ship on viewers, than it was actually them nudging the Lindsay background story into the forefront. I almost think the "ship" aspect of it might actually be a cover for another storyline, at this point. I think the bigger story might actually end up being Lindsay's eventual background reveal, rather than an impending relationship, which is perhaps what the writers want us to think right now - that the "relationship" is the big story, but in actuality, Lindsay's background might be the big story, in the end. A little misdirection and sleight-of-hand by the writers. Am I alone on my little island, in that line of thought?

At any rate, this ep didn't send me into orgasms of sheer unadulterated delight, but it didn't put me to sleep, either. I think it's the Calm Before the Storm, which the CSI franchise always seems to do. Air a so-so ep, right before a series of truly great ones. After all, this next ep marks the first appearance of the Edward Furlong recurring storyline, doesn't it? I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with that one.

I really enjoyed the episode but wish I knew why Lindsay won't go further in her relationship with Danny? I think they are so cute together. LOL. Loved Flack/Danny good cop/bad cop.

So this episode definitely wasn't to the caliber of the previous two -- but I still enjoyed it. Some of the lines were great, and Stella was just on top of stuff the way she was back in S1, which reminded me why I want to grow up and be her.

On the D/L, I don't think us anti-D/L people need to back off. They've dragged it out over an entire season, and it's been brought up constantly in S3 already. I totally agree -- the producers did say this show was more about the characters, but it has been almost single-mindedly focused on Danny and Lindsay through season 2 and it looks as though that will continue all through season 3. Well, I'm sorry, but I'd personally love to see someone else get a life. For instance, Hawkes is gorgeous and smart -- why shouldn't he have a girl? Or Flack? We got one Flack-centric episode WAY back in Season 1. I've seen so much of Danny that I'm almost to the point I'm sick of hearing about whatever drama he's got this week. Give someone else a chance!

Which is not to say I don't like Danny. On the contrary, one of my favorite scenes is when he's agruing with Lindsay about getting lunch. It was funny, seeing him freak out and hollar about how Adam had everything covered and how he was HUNGRY. It reminded me of a similar conversation between Flack and Stella way back in the ol' days ( S1 again ), about how the ladies never let the guys eat.

I thought the A case brought back the good old science element, and it was nice to hear some words I needed to look up again. It is still a procedural show, as Hill Harper likes to point out. The B case was a little hollow and quite predictable, and do my eyes decieve me or was the jilted lover in that "your cat's in my garden" episode? Maybe I'm seeing things...

I loved the Flack/Danny interaction, particularly the, "Yeah, you like that?" bit. It was nice to see the buddies in the feild again, nice to get back to that old teasing. But like everyone's said, I hope they address Danny's ( lack of? ) involvement in Flack's recovery.

The other thing I liked? Taking a break from Mac/Peyton thing. Why? Not because I'm so anti-Mac/Peyton, but because I think the writers were reminding us that this is Mac, and no matter what, Mac gets the job done. Even if he's got a girlfriend at work. I can breathe a bit easier now, I think.

Anyway, it was a good episode, but not nearly as clever as the first two, so... B. And, if you'll allow me to be a little off-topic: ...was that some Stella/Hawkes flirting during the whole "finding out what the eggs are" scene? Haha, like I don't ship enough. :lol:

My take on why Lindsay accepted and then stood Danny up? I think when he asked she really DID want to go -- she did say that she really likes him. But then maybe, as she was thinking about it, she realized that she "hadn't put everything behind her." But if this is the case, they definitely could have clarified that a little better, no?

A-.

Liked it a lot. The marathon case, especially. I found it really interesting to find that a man, who is running in the heat, dies of something so un-natural to the heat. Good twist from the writers! :D

Thing that bothered me : the moments between Danny and Lindsay. Again, Lindsay seemed so annoying and the conversations between them (D and L) felt so unreal. This bothers me. And Danny? Please stop whining. Add Lindsay and Danny together and shake some whine with it and you get a really strong martini. :rolleyes:

And on a side note, the Justin Timberlake song at the beginning? Oh God it made me uncomfortable.

ehh....didn't really like this one. the cases did have some kind of potential, but it all ended so cliched...

and that whole Lindsay/Danny thing almost killed me. They obviously have no chemistry, and their scenes were so awkward...the writers need to seriously leave them alone. Lindsay's been getting better this season (she doesnt annoy me nearly as much) but she wont be able to grow by herself if they keep pushing Danny on her....but thats just my opinion. :D

Back