Grade 'Hung Out to Dry'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 11, 2006.

1. lilredjag15

lilredjag15 Victim

I share your views on this one. It was great to see everyone working together. There was no "Standout genius" on the case. :D This episode actually really had me following closely and not wanting to miss anything. I loved the greek mythology connection. Now when they figured out the "God of the Dead" and asked who was the ME in 2003, I KNEW it was Hawkes and got scared! I am anxiously awaiting the next episode that addresses Casey's escape and if he is going to go after my boy Hawkes. :mad:
    I hope nothing happens to him. :( :( :( I just couldn't take anything happening to Hawkes!!!!! :( :( :(

2. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Wow that episode was one of the bet CSI
    shows I have seen. I was a little worried
    when Flack tackled the kid but he seems okay
    Liked the Louie Referance
    Definatley makes up for last week and the coes on the shirts were really cool too

3. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

I would have loved this one to have gone on longer, I couldn't get enough of it. Hope he gets printing some more T-Shirts for Mac to figure out.

I loved it, very Da Vinci Code......

I wonder how many shirts would sell at $29 each.

This has is by far my favourite episode of CSI out of all of them.......beats Grave Danger by a mile

I wonder if Apollo will come into it (God of Truth)

Check out www.kodecon.com and www.edoclaundry.com

4. ItDBMe

ItDBMe Witness

Awesome awesome episode. Better storylines than last week and of course this was Flack-Fest. It was totally awesome. All his lines were cracking me up. Especially the one where he was like 'I swear if one of them calls me bro'. It was just frickin awesome.

I'm really happy that is was a case where practically the whole team worked together. No two different cases like normal.

It was a great eppy for Hawkes. I love how the writers keep working him in with Stella and Mac, and then the ending was perfect. So I'm gonna take a guess and say that hopefully they kinda keep this feel going and make a few more episodes almost centering on Hawkes.

Loved it!
    Gave it an A+!

5. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

It was pretty good, but I was kind of confused as to why Flack and/or Danny didn't just shoot the suspect instead of running after him. He was a suspected serial killer and they'd identified themselves as police officers; I think shooting is allowed under those circumstances. Also, if they'd shot him he wouldn't have been able to escape.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

^^maybe because he knew he wasn't armed? Also, it wouldn't have made for as good a scene if they'd just shot him, and then he couldn't have escaped later and continued the story line...

7. detectdevotion

detectdevotion Police Officer

I gave this episode an A+ because it was so much better than the last episode ( though Not What It Looks Like is still my favorite S3 ep so far ). However, there are a few things that really bugged me:

1. This could have been a HUGE episode for Stella, particularly considering her Greek heritage, which they touched on but didn't delve into, and the fact that like her, the serial killer is an orphan. I thought that they could have done a ton more with her in this episode.

2. I like that Flack is back on his feet, but I think it would have been interesting to see him kind of faulter while chasing the kid down, just to make us wonder if he really IS 100% okay.

3. Okay, so Hawkes was a target? They didn't seem to take any precautions to ensure his safety, either when they discovered he was a target OR when they found out Shane escaped. They definitely should have gone more into that.

4. Wouldn't it have been nice if, after the conversation in the squad car, Danny was at Louie's bedside when he found out about the escape? Just for continuity's sake?

That said, this was a great epside ( dang, but that Hypnos shirt was awesome, I want it really bad! ), and I loved that everyone was working on it. I liked the shirts and there were a lot of really amazing Hawkes moments, especially along with those key one-liners from Flack. I was a little ( okay, a LOT ) grossed out by the bodies, but it was worth it. The intensity of this episode was great, and I hope Oedipus Hex continues the trend!

8. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Did you read the review of the episode in CSI Files?

There's a link to edoclaundry.com, the same site of the episode.
    Just try clicking it and use the password "call me a patriot"...weird... :eek: but cool!!! :D

9. detectdevotion

detectdevotion Police Officer

That was pretty cool, thanks for the info!

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

While the epsiode was exciting, scary and disturbing, I was very disappointed: when Detective Flack said that Mr. Casey was *the only sober person in command of his faculties* at the party, I immediately said to my wife "That makes HIM the PRIME SUSPECT." And his detailed knowledge of the website made him even more of a suspect. I just cannot figure how Danny, Sheldon and Flack didn't go after him from the start. WTF?!?!?!

11. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I gave it a B+. The case was excellent, I really liked it... IDK, just thought it should be an B+...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Sid making the comment about the blood alchol being .26 and his was .23 on the day of his divorce was just too funny. And did you see the look Sheldon shot him. I love Sid and Sheldon together. They play well off of each other.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lol gojunebug...I kept expecting to hear Hawkes say something like "Sid! Creepy place!"

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I loved the ep. Yeah the comment about the alcohol had My hubby & I laughing too. I expect to see Shane back at a later date.

15. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

A+ One of the best written eps I've seen in a while. Loved the teamwork and the mystery. Looking foward to the follow up eps.