Grade 'Heart of Glass'

csiviper said:
OMG, I cannot believe that some people didnt like this episode. Particularly I thought it rocked and it was so not insipid, it had drama, romance and a good dose of CSI NY to keep us wanting for more.
If people dont like CSI NY than they should so not watch it.

Let's avoid telling people not to watch the show, okay? It's not your place to tell people what they can and can't watch. Thanks.

I liked this episode mostly for the character work--the cases started out great but the endings were hard to swallow, especially the one with the bullet. But Stella's plight is going to make for some gripping and emotional TV.

Old Danny is back! :D :D :D The childishly adorable, big mouth, energetic Danny. :D The one who is the heart and soul of the show. Without his Kryptonite (Lindsay), he really shines. Just another of the so many reasons to be glad Lindsay's gone (bad acting, scrunch face, terrible lines, etc.). I wish, not for the first time, not for last, that she was gone for good.

In defense of Mac and Peyton--I think being out in the open now is the compromise Mac made to keep their relationship going. She understandably wanted to walk away after seeing how far he'd go to keep the relationship from the people he cared about, but in "Silent Night" he decided he wanted to take the next step with her. Personally, I like seeing him embrace it, and her.

Ok, I admit I shouldn't have said that but its true. Anyway, Lets hope that Stella doesn't have HIV on the next episode.
I love Mac/Stella.

csiviper said:
Ok, I admit I shouldn't have said that but its true.

No, it's not. People can dislike an episode or even a season and that doesn't mean they hate the show. And even if they do, they have a right to watch and post here. If you can't accept that, perhaps you are the one that shouldn't be posting here.

Personally I thought this was an amazing episode. Melina was absolutely stunning in her major part. She played it perfectly. I enjoyed the scene where Danny was running after that guy who shot his wife in the head...wow :) Gotta love Carmine! His face when he found out about Mac and Peyton was priceless. Great episode, looking forward to this week as well as eppy 18. Sad that it won't be back on until April :( oh well

Awful. I was a little shocked that Stella used the victim's bathroom to clean up, and instantly thought of when Greg failed his third proficiency in CSI: LV. It seems like such a rookie mistake. I also hated the portrayal of the crack addict ... you think someone who uses enough to get that many scars is going to look like that?

La_Guera said all that was needed to be said about the episode, and I think that "insipid" is the perfect word to describe it.

I am going to give it an A. It wasn't my favorite episode, but I have to give it the credit it deserves. My only real problem with the episode was Stella. I was disturbed by her behavior the entire episode. She injures herself at a crime scene, possibly contaminating the evidence, and yet she doesn't tell anyone. That just didn't sit right with me. And once she found out the victim was HIV positive she still didn't tell anyone. It just seems completely out of character for Stella. Not to mention being pretty irresponsible. It seems to me that she would have at least told Mac.

I did love Danny in the beginning of the episode. So typical of him to be upset that he was out of the loop on the Mac/Peyton relationship. And it was hilarious when he found out Flack knew. Poor Danny, even Flack is keeping secrets from him now.

An A from me too.
smiley-grade.gif
I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

One thing bothered me the entire episode and it's what a few others have mentioned... surely there would be workplace procedures in place when you get injured at work, particuarly when dealing in hazardous substances and bodily fluids. We have to fill in incident reports if we so much as stub our toes. Added to that her negligence in not telling anyone, particularly the others that were working with the evidence ...

I think it would be really interesting if this arc did have Stella becoming HIV+. To be positive doesn't necessarily mean you have AIDS. And people who are HIV+ can now often live long and productive lives, thanks to medical advancements. I highly doubt that is the way it will go, but it will be interesting to watch this arc develop regardless. Melina is such a good actress ... she pulled off the worry and the fear beautifully in this episode.

The bathtub case ... started off promisingly and was intriguing me ... until I clicked at the same time as Danny did. And couldn't help saying aloud 'oh, come ON. You HAVE to be kidding!!!' That was beyond far fetched. Presumably it could happen, or it wouldn't be in the episode. But really (snort).

Last whinge for this episode ... whats up with the gorgeous looking crack addict? Crack addicts don't look like that if they've been using long enough to have nasty scars all over their hands. And the guy with AIDS .. he had lesions, but boy he looked so super fit and probably sexy to a lot of women (just not me - not my type). So now even the crack addicts and people dying of AIDS are drop dead gorgeous in this show :rolleyes: I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for a bit, but this episode was too FULL of stuff asking me to suspend my disbelief.

Adam just gets better and better. Cranky and frustrated Adam over the 507 pieces (good on ya Mac :lol:) was fun to watch. Adam playing with the evidence 'whaddup!!' - freaking hilarious. AJ is going a fantastic job characterizing Adam, and I think if he was given the screen time (which of course he isn't and I don't expect it), but hypothetically if he was, he would be just as interesting a character as Danny to watch. I look forward to Adam every single episode.

I'm so very very glad the writers decided to go with the Mac/Peyton relationship and have Claire Forlani as a regular. There is a relationship I can watch. I loved the "I'll be careful" remark. Phwoar.

Danny was as funny as all getout. It's so GOOD to see a return of the Danny we all know and get a kick out of. The scene where he finds out about Mac and Peyton is priceless. Talk about looking like a stunned mullet - those few moments of stillness were damned near perfect. As was seeing the cogs turning in his brain and him trying to process the information WHILE he was talking about the crime scene to Mac. That WAS perfection, that right there. You can always see what Danny is feeling. He wears his emotion right there on his face.

It's a joy to see him being back to the self-centered, funny, ball of nervous-energy he was pre You-Know-What.

So now even the crack addicts and people dying of AIDS are drop dead gorgeous in this show :rolleyes:
Don't you know anything, crankyjules? Only gorgeous looking people are allowed in New York now. They've driven everyone else out with pitchforks and torches months ago.

Edward Furlong was a one time slip up. After catching him, they tightened security. :p

Anyway, I gave it a B+.

The biggest problem I had this episode was Stella’s negligence at the crime scene. So maybe she flipped out when she cut herself and without thinking took care of it. Perhaps, if it was later addressed that way, I could have bought it, but when she didn’t say anything towards potentially contaminating a crime scene – that made me twitch once or twice. I’m not sure how Adam didn’t find Stella’s blood in the mix since I’m assuming she didn’t take the piece of glass with her (well I hope not, since that’s an entirely new problem there).

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the old Danny return from wherever he’d been held captive. I loved his expression when he found out he was the last to know about Mac and Peyton – especially when Flack knew before him. Apparently those two share a pint of beer after work and divulge in all the latest office gossip. :rolleyes:

But really, everyone’s pretty much touched upon everything else and there’s really no point to reiterate it all. Besides Stella’s misstep, I enjoyed the episode.

SimplyBlue said:

Don't you know anything, crankyjules?
Nup. I'm as ignorant as the day is long :p

Only gorgeous looking people are allowed in New York now. They've driven everyone else out with pitchforks and torches months ago.
Oh. Is that what Mayor Guiliani's policy of Zero Tolerance was about? Zero tolerance for the fat, maimed, poor, illiterate (sp?), racial minorities, and those unfortunate enough to be tarred with the ugly brush? Oh good!! That should make any potential visit I make to the city MUCH more pleasant!! :rolleyes: :devil:

Edward Furlong was a one time slip up. After catching him, they tightened security. :p
Oh hang on now. Do you mean to say he's not pretty enough for New York? I think he's adorable. I was watching American History X just last night, and his face is pretty enough for a girl's (well it was back then, anyway :p )

I gave it an A-..I liked the episode and the cases..The thing with Stella,is really good and interesting :)..A topic that need to be shown and I hope she will be fine..The case with the woman being shot and even hadn no idea of it was really strange but ok to watch..Mac being so open now,with his relationship with Peyton is not the Mac we are used to.. :cool:

Why would she say anything about contamination when the only person who knows what happened is her?

Not sure I understand your question. IMO, Stella should have told Mac what had happened because (a) if Adam had tested the particular piece of glass that had cut Stella he'd have found blood from an unknown female which would have confused the investigation (I don't think CSI's would check every single drop of blood, so he might not have found any of Stella's)
(b) Adam should have been warned that he was working with HIV+ blood. I know he was double gloved anyway, and that it's probably standard procedure to assume that all blood is potentially dangerous, but he still should have been warned.
(c) Stella was clearly distracted by the realization that she could be HIV+, and she could be suffering side-effects from the drugs she's on. Mac needs to know if she's not going to be at her best.

I don't fault Stella so much for using the bathroom to clean up in. She was bleeding, and her first priority would be to patch herself up. Although surely the CSI's would have a first aid kit or something with them.

crankyjules said:
Oh hang on now. Do you mean to say he's not pretty enough for New York? I think he's adorable. I was watching American History X just last night, and his face is pretty enough for a girl's (well it was back then, anyway)
I think American History X!Edward Furlong would be pretty enough for New York. But never mind any of the grisly murders he was guilty of -- it was the long, shaggy hair and facial hair that gave him away. That sort of normalcy must not be tolerated. :mad: :p

Back