Grade 'Heart of Glass'

The look on Danny's face when Mac and Peyton walked in together made the episode for me. :lol: Absolutely flabbergasted and then the, "Does Flack know?" You could totally see the wheels spinning and then the, "Why didn't he tell me?" look. :lol:

I was very happy with this episode. I was interested and attentive the entire time, something that hasn't happened in awhile for me.

I have to say though, I can't really find it within me to be too concerned about Stella. Although AIDS is a pretty serious thing, she's going to fret over it and stare into the abyss whenever someone mentions the words: lesions, blood, HIV and cuts, but I don't think that they'll ever write having AIDS into her storyline. I bet anything the test will come back negative, or you know, we'll just forget that this whole thing ever happened after she tells Mac or whoever it is she'll be confiding in about it. :rolleyes:

Graded: A

I think that the Stella story line will grow. Either she will tell Mac or a close friend.

The look on Danny's face was spectacular when he found out about Mac/Peyton. Very classic look.

I stayed glued to the TV the entire hour, even when fixing dinner. Almost burnt the place down. Love the crimes and loved the fact that Adam was in the show! :)

I wanna say that it will be interesting to follow the reactions of the folks at the forum the HIV page set up since they're mostly HIV+ themselves. Most of the reviews were okay last night...some feared she'd pop up with full blown AIDS right away and questioned if she'd really still be in danger by the time she processed since HIV dies outside the body, but it is TV. Hopefully TPTB won't mess things up as they so frequently do though.

I wanted to bop her and tell her "go tell Mac silly" but it was IC for her not to...one part denial one part fear and one part not wanting anyone to pity her and feel sorry for her.

Pretty good ep, although I'm not a fan of the whole Mac/Peyton thing.
I liked how the sister ended up being the killer but honestly didn't realize she'd done it. That was different!
It was, however, yet another episode in which both murders took place among the upper classes. Doesn't anybody ever get killed in a ghetto -- or even a working class neighborhood -- in New York City?

I wrote my commets... and the connection fell *angry*

Anyway, rated A.
Good episode!

I was shocked about Stella. I'm not reading the spoilers section anymore, so this was a surprise :(

Awww, Mac ad Peyton, so cute... :rolleyes:

Danny is always great, even more funny and stupid :lol:

Don't remember what I wrote before the connection fell, so this is all for now :)

detdonflackjr said:
They need the cops

On this show, the CSIs ARE cops (not civilians working with the police department like they are on the Las Vegas version). I do enjoy looking at pretty Flack (and he's the reason I watch the show) but his role is so limited that I've started losing interest. This episode in particular I barely registered his presence; in fact, Flack's role this week was so minimal that they could have put in any of the recurring detective characters in his place without affecting the story at all.

Liked it a lot. Easy enough to understand.
- the bro/sister storyline was great. Didn't see her as the killer at all. Actually rewatched it because I was so caught off guard. I also love the actress who played Kennedy.
- liked how they brought in the "died of a broken heart" for V-day.
A bit hard to believe that the woman didn't wake up when she was shot in the head and never felt it there, but still interesting none-the-less.
-I am curious where they're going to go with the Stella/HIV thing. And regarding Peyton/Mac, I just don't see it. Maybe Peyton with Flack, but that would now cause too much tension, so I know that can't happen.

^^I kind of thought that it might be the sister when she gave the description of the 'intruder'. Something just kind of clicked in my head when she gave a description of herself.

The thing that really threw me for a loop was the whole bullet rattling around in the vent. I think that at the very same second Danny got the "Ah-ha!" look on his face, it clicked with me too. I believe I said, "Oh no f-ing way!" :lol:

CSI:NY tonight was one of the most insipid episodes of the entire three-year run. Neither case was well-constructed, and there was so little meat that I felt like I was watching a bad student film.

I have two major bitchnits with the show tonight, and both center around character consistency.

Mac: Are you telling me, o, CSI writers, that Mac, who is so private and paranoid about his relationship to Peyton that he slapped her hand away for no reason when she tried to comfort him in his office, would saunter into a crime scene and casually announce to Danny that he was boning her? Are you further asking me to believe that Mac would tell not only Danny, but Flack, a man with whom he has not been on the best of terms this year?

FAIL. HAMMER of FAIL. I am sick of you peons taking the slipshod, lazy way out just to inject a new piece of OMG drama. Maybe Mac would tell Danny, but it wouldn't be at a crime scene in front of milling, gossipy uniforms. Are you even trying, or are you so busy spinning the cotton-candy schmoop for Danny/Lindsay that you've lost all perspective and sense of professional pride?

My second charge of character assassination stems from Stella's reaction to cutting herself at a crime scene. Are you telling me that there is no protocol for such an event at a crime scene, even if that protocol has to do with evidence contamination? If there is protocol, are you telling me that Stella, who has been a cop for at least twelve years, willfully ignored it? If she did, then how can I, as a viewer, ever take her seriously again when she starts blathering about credibility? And was she dressing her wound in the crime scene bathroom? Isn't that verboten? Over in Vegas, Grissom failed Greg's proficiency for taking a whiz at the scene. Stella should know better.

If Stella comes clean to Mac and he doesn't fire her and froth about the lab's integrity, then the ubiquitous Sanctimonious Asshat will be forever stapled to his scalp, and the next time he starts prating about Respecting the Badge and giving the Dumbledorean speech about what is right and what is easy, Flack should calmly punch him in the face. Repeatedly.

THOR's Hammer of UTTER FAIL.

And if you stoop so low as to let the viewers decide the course of your storylines, I will unplug my TV and jam the prongs up my ass, because if I'm going to hurt that much, I'm going to do it to myself.

Big honking F.

And if you stoop so low as to let the viewers decide the course of your storylines, I will unplug my TV and jam the prongs up my ass, because if I'm going to hurt that much, I'm going to do it to myself.

Though I think that letting the viewers choose the course of the storyline is kind of a cool idea, that is THE funniest thing I've read all day. :lol: :lol:

Though I think that letting the viewers choose the course of the storyline is kind of a cool idea, that is THE funniest thing I've read all day.

I wish I could claim the glory, but the latter half of the quote comes from Lewis Black, who is made of win.

La Guera , I totally agreee with you on the Stella thing. I was thinking that through the whole episode. Not one of the best episodes. I found i was quite bored while watching and even though i watched the whole show, i seemed to have missed somethings, obviously it did not hold my interest.

luvingmyHoratio said:
An A

loved it when Mac walked in the crime scene with Payton. Also the part when she mentioned the victim had a broken heart and Mac promised Payton he wouldn't break hers.

The scene with Stella finding out the victim had Aids was well played and that story line was well done. Though poor Stella, hasn't she been through enough.

All and all it was worth an A.

I do agree with this. I love how they are wanting fan input on what happens with Stella. I really loved the part where Mac walked in with Payton...the look on Danny's face was priceless. ^^ And what was with the tie on Flack?

AnastaziaMarie said:
And what was with the tie on Flack?

Doesn't Flack always wear a suit with an ugly tie? It's become the Flack uniform--so much so that I rarely notice what he's wearing any more.

Back