Grade 'Heart of Glass'

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
Valentine's Day brings--what else?--murder in NY! What did you think of the ep? :cool:

*rubs hands together* This should be an interesting episode. Peyton, Angell and Adam are there, Stella is in danger, the cases should be interesting... :p

I know this episode is going to be one of the best episodes this season has given us, Im not even going to change the channel, I wanna see this episode so badly and Ill watch it tomorrow on innertube.

I'm excited for this one! I'm totally ready for it too. I took not one, but two naps today because we had our very first significant snowfall of the season and our first snowday. :) So, I had a whole lotta time on my hands. :lol:

Heck, I might even tape this one.

I gave it a B. I enjoyed this episode a lot. Poor Stella. Melina is such a great actress..and I really liked the stories and how they played out..very interesting.

However
1. not enough Flack
2. Justin Hartley had only 1 scene which surprised me. (the scene was hilarious though)

and what happened to that supposed Danny/Angell moment?

and did I sense a little jealously from Danny that Mac told Flack about his relationship with Peyton first? :p

1/ Good episode, I loved the the part where Mac/Peytonn showed up and Danny learned of their relationship. It was a hoot.

I'm not sure if it was jealously that Danny was feeling, maybe he was missing Montana.

2/ I've got mixed reviews about the Stella being exposed to HIV, I know it makes for an excellent storyline.

All and all anther great episode.

detdonflackjr said:

and what happened to that supposed Danny/Angell moment?

and did I sense a little jealously from Danny that Mac told Flack about his relationship with Peyton first? :p

Was that "moment supposed to be in this eppy? Can't remember. Yes, I thought Danny was jealous, too.

Anyway, I also give it a B. It was okay, but a little strange for me. Neither was an out-and-out murder, although I did like the twist with the husband killing his wife. Thought Melina did a great job as always, but now they need to move the drama on, IMO. How about some more Flack drama?

I did note that Hawkes seemed VERY wounded when Stella pushed him away. Next week looks interesting.

I'm going with a B+.

i liked the HIV thing with Stella. it was cute.

and i liked the peyton/mac scenes.

i liked the crimes too. it was good.

I really enjoyed this one, although I cringed when Adam pulled off his gloves immediately after handling the glass. I kept expecting Stella to warn him to be very careful — and I even thought she might tell him about her accident.
Danny/Angell seem to be a great team, but I also miss Lindsay. I'm really looking forward to the ep where we learn some details about her past tragedy.
I figured the HIV guy either killed himself or that the sister did it. I kinda though it would be an arranged mercy killing if she did it. So I was surprised by the twist.
I also enjoyed the twist in the other case. For me, an A episode.

Well, can't comment on the cases just yet, I'd like to rewatch the episode first. So I'll be going with the extraneous stuff first.

Things were changed a lot from the spoilers. I have to admit, I'm disappointed that they completely re-wrote the Danny/Angell scene, but if it saved me from having to hear Danny call Lindsay on the phone and leave a lame message, I'll deal with it.

I do, however, think it's kind of funny that Danny thought the mirror said "DL" at the beginning, but it turns out that it said "DJ." I wonder how Jennifer felt about that? :lol:

The Mac/Peyton stuff was...why are they suddenly out in the open? Mac has apparently done a complete 180* in the past few weeks. :rolleyes: I don't hate Mac/Peyton, but I'm not sure what this means...

Adam is great, Angell is great, so much love to them. ;)

Now, to the serious stuff, which actually isn't extraneous: the Stella storyline.

I can't wait to see how this goes. On the one hand, I don't see the need to be worried, since I find it highly unlikely that they will have Stella be HIV positive. However, it's still a storyline worth including, and a very important subject which is well-worth exploring on the show. Increasing awareness is wonderful, and to see a popular show doing so is great. :)

An A

loved it when Mac walked in the crime scene with Payton. Also the part when she mentioned the victim had a broken heart and Mac promised Payton he wouldn't break hers.

The scene with Stella finding out the victim had Aids was well played and that story line was well done. Though poor Stella, hasn't she been through enough.

All and all it was worth an A.

*whacks Mac and Danny upside the head* Wear your gloves when you touch something at the scene! *sigh*

Wow, I had no idea it was going to be that long a storyline. Interesting. I think it could work if she were positive, if it was handled right. And if TPTB can handle a little thing called continuity right.

Where's the scene where she tells the other person who's in danger? Did it wind up getting cut?

Love Danny's facial reaction in the opening scene to Mac and Peyton. Like "You're WHAT?"

I'll give an A.

I don't mind that they cut the D/A scene because they also cut the phone call scene. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll cut the "Danny going to Montana" parts in ep 18 too.

As for the mirror and DL at the beginning...since it was actually DJ, is that a clue..will there be any Danny/Angell in future eps (her first name is Jennifer)?

I love that Danny picked up on the Mac/Peyton relationship and it was cute that he asked if Flack new. I'm hoping this will put Mac/Peyton to the front and the DL crap will be put on the backburner.

I need to rewatch before I post about the rest of the episode.

Well, this will teach us that most of the spoilers are a crock of s**t. They totally redid the Danny/Angell scene. When Danny said "who's on first", that was supposed to be Angell's line. They totally cut out the phone call scene. Also, they totally changed the end where Mac was interrogating the sister.

I'll still be reading the spoilers but I'm not going to put much faith in them.

ETA:
Where's the scene where she tells the other person who's in danger? Did it wind up getting cut?

That happens in the next episode.

I thoroughly enjoyed this ep, I gave it an A+. Loved seeing Peyton, Angell & Adam again. Was bummed that we missed seeing the moment between Danny/Angell (even though I didn't know exactly what it was going to be), but I still say these two literally ooze chemistry when they're onscreen together. Hot Stuff.

The AIDS storyline was good, and Melina knocked it out of the park again, as usual. I could definitely feel her fear and anxiety as she fretted about what would come, the pain in the ass of not knowing immediately if she was safe, or not.

Great little ending twists to both storylines. One woman dies from a bullet not meant for her, and the other lives even after getting hit by a bullet totally meant for her...

Loved Danny's jaw dropping look when Mac admit that he and Peyton were together. :lol: He obviously does not like being the last one in on the gossip... And kudos to Mac, after all his fussing about keeping their romance a secret, at least he finally realized how that hurt Peyton, being the woman he loves but won't even admit publicly to dating. Glad to see he's over that infantile secrecy thing, and getting the romance out in the open. He did promise her he wanted to make it work, and he took a major step in the right direction.

Overall, good ep; some fun humor, twists & turns. Liked that both cases were a bit out-of-the-ordinary.

Back