Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Something I possibly misunderstood about the case, during the interrogation with the terrorist guy it was said that the daughter had rented the van as 'everyone had to play their part' and thats how her fingerprint was on the mirror. However, whoever rented the van did it in the name of the neo-nazi guy and faked his signature on the documents. There is no way even the most slack rental company could let the daugher rent a vehicule in a mans name.

Something I possibly misunderstood about the case, during the interrogation with the terrorist guy it was said that the daughter had rented the van as 'everyone had to play their part' and thats how her fingerprint was on the mirror. However, whoever rented the van did it in the name of the neo-nazi guy and faked his signature on the documents. There is no way even the most slack rental company could let the daugher rent a vehicule in a mans name.

That's a good point. Don't remember the Neo-Nazi's name, was it gender-specific?

I rented a van on-line last year, my nephew was going to move some stuff for me. He had to bring along me, my credit card and another proof of my address, his driving licence, insurance docs and another proof of his address. There was no way we were going to steal their van. :)

Did Zachary Reiter really write this one?
meanwhile i liked the episode i asked the same regarding the writer. I don't know how they work but in "Jag" one writer wrote the script and later ALL writers edited/corrected etc. At the end who got his/her name in the credits could be anyone (i don't remember very well but Don Bellisario's assitant explained us once how things worked)

Basically, the way it works is that the writers all go in the writers' room together and figure out the way the episode is going to play out and then one or two writers goes and does the outline and writes the actual script. There are variations of that (story by/teleplay by = one writer does the outline, one does the script), but that's usually how it works. So all the writers on the show have some hand in each episode, but the dialogue/little details--like the banter between the characters--is usually up to the individual writing the script.

And lastly, stop proselytizing, CSI:NY. Yes, environmental pollution is awful, and exploiting impoverished peasants is dastardly, but bad, agenda-pandering drama blows, too. You might as well have held up a sign that read, "And now, we at CSI:NY would like to tell you about the evils of industrial pollution. Please applaud Stella as she gets her mad indignant on. Thank you." The scene would've been much more effective if Stella had hammered home the fact that Mr. Fishman's greed had contributed to his daughter's death instead of waving around guilt-inducing photos of Chinese peasant children. I'm sorry that greedy asses are endangering the lives of poor peasants, but I'm not feeling guilty because I own a PC. If I didn't, how else would Zuiker besiege me with his hurl-inducing cross-platforming? Go stow it without lube, NY writers.

B+

I agree. The guy just lost his daughter, and Stella decides to play Eco-Cop? "Hey guy, your daughter's dead, and here's how YOU'RE partly to blame!!"

Ah, nothing's more satisfying than rubbing salt into another person's wounds to promote your political agenda.

Yeah, I agree--that felt cruel. I get that the guy transgressed and broke the law and that the results of his doing so hurt a lot of people. He's still a human being who lost his daughter. And he was probably ignorant--albeit willingly so--of the consequences of exporting all that waste, so there's that, too.

I thought Anna did an OK job with the disaster at the end, she managed to appear a little emotional for a second or two, Carmine is never going to get there with this storyline, he just seems so detached from any positive or negative emotion (he does it perfectly elsewhere). Though I find the whole thing boring, I would at least pretend not to, if I was the one onscreen, come on son... we all know you can do it.

Carmine did well in the scene with Gary, but there's a detachment there when it comes to this storyline that came through even in that scene. When you compare it to Carmine's performances in RSRD or with the Ruben storyline, well, there's just no comparison. It's obvious when Carmine is throwing his heart and soul into his performance and when he's not. Not to say he was bad or even unconvincing, but there wasn't a lot of passion there. There never is between Danny and Lindsay. I've never seen a kiss with less oomph than the one between them at the courthouse!

^^^ In all honesty, I've always thought Carmine has a tendency to 'coast' along a little unless the story is very angsty for Danny. I don't think it's this storyline in particular. RSRD and the Ruben storyline both gave him a chance to shine and as always he steps up to the mark. In terms of acting ability I would say that Carmine has absolutely the best range on the show when it comes to emotional interplay. But, in terms of consistency Eddie's da man!!:)

I did think he did well in the scene with Gary, you can see the admiration that Danny has for Mac and the joy he gets from any snippet of praise he is given. I just don't see the same attention to detail in his scenes with Anna and honestly don't understand why.

He is an excellent young actor and should be able to work with even poorly scripted material. I did plan on checking out his other romantic, but not sex, scenes, to see if he is just uncomfortable in this area, but haven't got round to it yet.

I am genuinely perplexed by this, maybe he could be bored when he's not involved in the more 'fun' scenes, like he has with Eddie.

^^^ In all honesty, I've always thought Carmine has a tendency to 'coast' along a little unless the story is very angsty for Danny. I don't think it's this storyline in particular. RSRD and the Ruben storyline both gave him a chance to shine and as always he steps up to the mark. In terms of acting ability I would say that Carmine has absolutely the best range on the show when it comes to emotional interplay. But, in terms of consistency Eddie's da man!!:)

Agreed--Eddie definitely makes the most out of every scene he's in. But Carmine does great with the humor scenes, too--he really shines in scenes with Eddie and Hawkes, and he's usually very good with Gary and Melina, too. He's fine with Anna when they're not playing up the romance. I do agree that he probably enjoys the angst the most, and really runs with that when he's given that material.

I did think he did well in the scene with Gary, you can see the admiration that Danny has for Mac and the joy he gets from any snippet of praise he is given. I just don't see the same attention to detail in his scenes with Anna and honestly don't understand why.

He is an excellent young actor and should be able to work with even poorly scripted material. I did plan on checking out his other romantic, but not sex, scenes, to see if he is just uncomfortable in this area, but haven't got round to it yet.

I am genuinely perplexed by this, maybe he could be bored when he's not involved in the more 'fun' scenes, like he has with Eddie.

I really think it comes down to chemistry. Yes, I know chemistry is all in the eye of the beholder, but whether you love or hate Danny and Lindsay, it's obvious there's not a lot of fire there between them. I get how people find them cute, sweet, endearing, etc. together, but it's not about heat and fire and passion--and those hot, fiery, passionate scenes are the ones Carmine plays best. Look at how he was with Rikki--there was heat there. I think he's just not the guy who gets into the sweet, cutesy romance storyline, and that's really what Danny and Lindsay have. It's just not a great fit for him as an actor, I don't think.

I was rewatching, and did anyone notice that it seems like every time some one is "squeaky clean" they end up having done something that makes them the opposite?

I have to agree with what's been said about Carmine. I don't really have anything to add, but I do agree.

Oh- and why exactly was Felix's wife not in the episode at all? Didn't her daughter just die?

Oh- and why exactly was Felix's wife not in the episode at all? Didn't her daughter just die?

That's what I wondered the whole time, too. If anything, when their house was first blown up, wouldn't he have called her and told her? Even moreso when their daughter was killed-all he does is go back to work. I would think calling his wife would be higher up on his list of priorities.

Top41, that's a good point with Carmine just not being into the cutesy kind of romance Danny and Lindsay are supposed to have. I'd never really thought about it that way, I always just assumed he and Anna just simply didn't mesh on any level. They do seem to have some good chemistry on the fun scenes, and even some on the "oh the baby is kicking" scenesbut their romance just isn't a good fit for either actor, especially Carmine. I swear I'd sell my soul to see him evoke the same passion he did with Rikki or the same chemistry he does with any other member of the cast with this storyline...but what can you do? It is clear its not working for either of them...'

Danny and Lindsay have a sort of chemistry... I mean, it's not completely blatantly bad like some I've seen. It was enough to make me ship them in season 3, but they just completely collapsed in season 4, and that just made me not want to see them together afterwards. I just... don't know what I saw back in S3.

About the episode- I think it would've been better if Felix had been innocent. If the Purists had made a mistake, and Felix actually hadn't been dumping e-waste, I think I would've liked the episode better.

I really think it comes down to chemistry. Yes, I know chemistry is all in the eye of the beholder, but whether you love or hate Danny and Lindsay, it's obvious there's not a lot of fire there between them. I get how people find them cute, sweet, endearing, etc. together, but it's not about heat and fire and passion--and those hot, fiery, passionate scenes are the ones Carmine plays best. Look at how he was with Rikki--there was heat there. I think he's just not the guy who gets into the sweet, cutesy romance storyline, and that's really what Danny and Lindsay have. It's just not a great fit for him as an actor, I don't think.

Whilst agree cutesy is possibly not Carmines best area, for D/L to work as a romantic relationship there needs to be more than cutesy, there needs to be some level of passion and that takes two.

I also think the way the TPTB have handled the whole storyline, changing directions constantly can't have help. Neither Carmine nor Anna can be sure exactly how they are supposed to play this relationship whilst staying true to the characters they have established and what has gone before. We know TPTB aren't too bothered about consistency but that doesn't mean the actors aren't.

I agree that Neo-Natzis are vile, dangerous individuals, but why did Mac need to bring up the death penalty before he had even analysed the evidence.
It seemed like another case of using the character as a mouthpiece to express the network's opinions, rather than saying something that would be in-character or logical for the character to say at that time.

If the dead girl did not have that piece of paper in her pocket, would they ever have thought to look into the fathers' business practices (they didn't, Stella stumbled on it by investigating the paper). Environmental terrorists targeting an electronic recycling businessman, would make any sensible person at least consider this as an avenue for investigation.
Seriously. My mother (who, as I have said, doesn't usually catch on all that quickly when watching these shows) immediately said, 'Maybe Bobby is lying about what he does' when they said he was the target. As soon as they realized that Felix was the target, the logical thing to do would be to look into Felix to figure out why.

(And yes, my mama called him "Bobby". :p)

About the episode- I think it would've been better if Felix had been innocent. If the Purists had made a mistake, and Felix actually hadn't been dumping e-waste, I think I would've liked the episode better.
Yeah, that might have been a good twist - maybe Felix insists that he doesn't know what's going on, and they find out that someone who works for him is responsible for shipping the stuff to China in order to line their own pockets. That would have been a bit more interesting - Allison died thinking her father was guilty, the Purists targeted the wrong person and killed one of their own, the father has to deal with knowing that he might have prevented his own daughter's death if he'd paid more attention to his employees and not automatically trusted everyone...They could have condensed some of the episode to allow for a more in-depth resolution for the case.

It's disappointing how many times an episode seems to have an interesting premise in theory, but the execution is lacking.

I also think the way the TPTB have handled the whole storyline, changing directions constantly can't have help. Neither Carmine nor Anna can be sure exactly how they are supposed to play this relationship whilst staying true to the characters they have established and what has gone before. We know TPTB aren't too bothered about consistency but that doesn't mean the actors aren't.
It's never a good sign when the actors don't even know where the relationship is at, much less where it's going. How many interviews did we read in the past where Carmine and/or Anna couldn't tell us if the characters were together or not? :rolleyes:

i have to watch the episode again 8well some scenes ;) ) and i realized how great scene we had at the beginning with Don's "Talking Chinese" statement :D

As i said inside the Smacked Family Thread Mac and Stella couldn't help but forget about the whole world because they are both two passionate people regarding their jobs. And they were totally missed in their own universe of number, circunferences and circles :D (I do the same with my Nurse colleagues when i invite them at home. We can talk about patients for hours :D

Also i liked that scene with both of them teaching "their kids" in front of big flat screens teaching them ala Grissom in CSI LV

Debbs :)

A few things stood out to me. I agree that Neo-Natzis are vile, dangerous individuals, but why did Mac need to bring up the death penalty before he had even analysed the evidence. This reminded me of the guy falsely accused as a peodophile, were they all had him convicted until proven innocent. They could do with having Grissom transfered there for a year or so to retrain them about assumptions and letting the evidence do the talking.

I don't think Grissom would help. He never could help Catherine "I Hate Men" Willows to change her life mantra: "I never met a man I wouldn't accuse of being an abuser or a pedophile."

Speaking of things being annoying lately, is anyone else getting really irritated by the random freeze framing in the action scenes? :confused:
Oh my gosh, yes. One thousand times yes. I don't understand the slow-mo action scenes they've tossed in at all. Before, action scenes were exciting and fun. Now they feel sort of awkward to me, and just... it's like they're trying too hard to be artsy, or modern, or something.

It was an enjoyable episode.

Just some thoughts...

In the beginning wasn't Adam on roller skates, and then he's not in them. How did he get them off so fast? And I'm surprised that basically his only injury was a gash in the head and ringing in the ears after being blown across the street like that. I'm also surprised that they didn't collect all of the various video tapes that were being made.

I'm amazed that none of the other houses in the neighborhood didn't have any damage at all. One would think that the neighbor houses would have some broken windows or fire damage.

The E-terrorist guy looked like Jimmy Falon.

I didn't like the ambush wedding. Can't believe that Mac and Stella would be pushing for that, either.

Back