Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
^ I know what you mean. I was like: "Hug him dammit!" The hand shake looked a bit strange (good strange) like a hug would have been better. Just hug.

Hey, everyone else already said what I was going to say!

At first I was really enjoying Mac's conversation with Danny. I loved hearing him bring up Claire as it was a nice bit of continuity. I remembered thinking that at least something good had come out of this D/L nonsense... and then Mac just had to say that God brought Danny and Lindsay together.

I guess what bothered me most about it was the fact that it took me out of the story. I was suddenly reminded that I was watching a t.v. show, and that the writers of said show were patting themselves on the back for the wonderfulness that is D/L. :rolleyes:

Seriously, now. It was divine desitny that brought those two together? Spare me!

As for that marriage... why a fanvid at the end? I mean, I thought the whole clip thing had just been for the teaser. A sort of, "Want to see the whole wedding? Then tune in to CSI:NY!" Why would they just show "best of" clips with Danny and Lindsay's vows being spoken over them?

Isn't this the moment we sere supposedly all waiting for? Why shy away from it?

The rest of the episode was great, and reminded me why I continue watching. Adam's heroic rescue, his scenes with the other characters, Flack's scene with the Neo-Nazi, Stella's scene with the father at the end... all of it is so wonderful. Why doesn't it mesh with the D/L stuff? Seriously, it's like I'm watching two different shows that have been stiched together a la Frankenstien.

"I believe that God brought you and Lindsay together."

Really? Really, Mac. That line was horrifyingly out of character for a man, who, as far as we know, hasn't had much truck with religion since Claire's death. In fact, when Stella asks him in S1 or S2 how long it's been since he went to church, Mac confesses that it's been several years, and his reply hints of a deep dissatisfaction with the church. One can hardly blame Mac; he lost his wife on 9/11, one of the most senseless tragedies in history, and once someone has suffered such an unexpected and deeply unfair loss, it's little wonder that they might have a bone to pick with an institution that likely offered precious little solace and a God who seemingly fell asleep at the switch. Mac's been all about the science for a very long time.
Or perhaps Mac believes in a hellfire and brimstone, vengeful type God, who doles out punishments to all and sundry. The only question is, is it Danny or Lindsay that's being punished ;-)

I was left with little to say about it last night. Thought I'd let it sit and come back. Graded it B-ish. It had big themes, but it was a strangely unsubstantial eppie, kinda hollow or lacking dimension, and was ultimately heavy handed. Which is too bad, because it really started off strong, so much so that I was actually surprised and impressed. Then it kinda faded back into it's usual self by the middle, and became rather run of the mill by the end again.

Hee, I did like Adam's mask, and "...car!" was totally flashing me back.

I thought that the hockey sequence was fun, but was done in it's usual self-aware "hey ma, lookit, We're Kewl, aren't we? maaaa..." kinda way. The explosion sequence happened, and the eppie really got in gear. I thought it was a really fantastic looking episode from that point, great shots, cuts, shifts, style, seriously it really was something I found myself noting for at least the first fifteen or twenty minutes of the show, it was a really really great looking ep.

and Flack. My Flack. I was glancing away ever so briefly to make sure my dinner wasn't gonna wind up in my lap, when ...er, wha? did I -? just hear... douchebag? what, ......really?? awwww, Flack. :lol: :lol: :lol: Wasn't sure I'd heard that right, thought mebbe my mind had inserted it somehow, until someone else mentioned it in a review :lol:. Totally my kinda guy. :p

I loved Sid, loved all his synonyms, fun scene, he's just always good. Yay, Sheldon, happy he got a few good moments too.

And then the episode started to lose something. It started to get really unsubtle and crossed into sanctimonious. I mean, no one would ever argue the stance taken on things like racism and consumption and pollution, but it got a little heavy handed, and moreover, there were moments that the lines spoken by our merry band could have been easily interchanged. Dialogue shouldn't be interchangeable between characters. It didn't matter who said them, just mattered that someone did, like excerpts from a speech or a petition or something. The characters, on both sides of the law, took a back seat to soapboxing, and the whole show became far less engaging for it.

(But an aside, if ya haven't seen Manufactured Landscapes, it's worth checking out.)

I liked that ubertechnology wasn't overly used to expedite the investigative side of things, and even appreciated the roundtable meeting they had to go over everything. Compared to some eps where they conveniently find a link, this one also had Sheldon bemoaning the painstaking work of dealing with evidence and trace (appreciating Adam all the more :D), and also had Mac answering "...keep digging for concrete evidence and a motive..." because this week the writers didn't magic up many slick techie solutions. Okay, the math at the beginning was a little whirlwindish. But mostly this ep was good in that regard.

I liked some of the interpersonal moments, like Adam and Sheldon, Adam and Stella started off oddly but ended nice, Sid's always good. The first scenes with Stella and Bobby were good. Felix. I mean Felix. Redman. ...inski. rama. Disappointed we didn't get to see more of Bobby. On a few levels. Alas. The only other one that really stood out was Danny and Mac, of course. I thought the first bit of the scene was actually pretty good. Danny was Danny again, insecure, hedging, struggling to articulate things, Mac had a nice moment recounting Claire. And as for the next bit, I don't blame Mac, per say, but roll my eyes at the writers, dead on, fair and square.

It seemed to me that this was a scene blatantly written to use the leading man on the series, pretty much the franchise character of the show, and the main figure of authority within the labs, in all the credence that would supposedly lend, in order to spout how f*cking fabulous DL is. That's how I read that scene. And moreover, they then used the god reference. Ack. It was left field. Character-wise, yes Mac's conservative and all that, but he was also more conflicted in the past, and it was a bit jolting for me given how nicely they broached the issue of struggling with faith in earlier seasons. Show-wise, it felt like 5.17 totally used that scene to sanction the pairing in any and every way it could, just as the network fanvid pre-release also did. Bleh. :rolleyes:

Given that Criminal Minds aired a religious based eppie right before NY, this scene was all the more hairball inducing, for lack of a better description. My inevitable more flippant thoughts on the scene had me pondering which god would do such a thing and why (Thor mebbe? Odin?), and, "well done, ...nice one, god." My last last thought was, so, when is Danny gonna talk to Flack about any of this? Is he ever? But I guess Don's got a personal life now.

As the episode neared the end, it really felt like everything was being rushed to wrap up, packed in rather densely. And I wondered why? And then ...yep, right. The wedding. Forgot, the ep was nearly good enough to make me forget what else was coming. It was like the real ep finished five minutes early, and a whole separate thing was literally tacked onto the end. Oh wait, it was. In two parts. Part one, the re-proposal. Man, neither one looked terribly happy to be there did they. There certainly wasn't an air of resounding assuredness in the two of them as they allowed themselves to be nudged into doing something neither looked enthusiastic about. Yah, sooooo meant to be... I watched that whole thing with utter disbelief on my face. And geez, it was like Mac and Stella were giving Danny away :lol:

And then I thought we were done. But no. Ooooooh no, no there was more. Part Two of the ending. ...I didn't think it was serious, the fanvid. I thought it was literally just promo gick. They actually used it for the show? A montage. THE montage. With a Voicetrack. To end the show. I could not. Believe it. Wuz enuff cheese there for a block party of a Fondufest. Smelled just as bad from where I was sitting. Shaking my head. Unbelievable they ended the show with that, although it now almost seems like sending Lindsay off into the sunset... :lol: Funny as hell all their best moments could fit inside a minute anyways.

There was nothing between them in that ep that would ever change my mind to make me want to see more of them as a married couple (and another aside, who gets married and sends their other half off across the country? "I do, and I did, pack yer bags, love ya hon, see ya sometime...?" :wtf::lol:)

No, I'd rather clean Grand Central with my tongue than see more of these two, thanks. :p

Looking forward to next week already. ;)

I'm rather surprised that as many people have complained about the 'God' reference, I thought this was compulsory in North American TV programmes, well most of the ones I've watched anyway. I always said I didn't need to go to church again, as I had watched all of Sue Thomas F B Eye and the first two seasons of The District. No priest could be quite as preachy as those two shows were.

I guess that my complaint isn't really about the God reference. It's more about how it played out. I mean, it's almost like the writers were talking about how great it was that D/L was together and getting married and whatnot. If you're talking about it from a show standpoint, the "gods" technically are the writers... It just played off to me as the writers saying that they had decided that Danny and Lindsay had been "destined for each other", when it's very clear that if Anna Belknap hadn't been pregnant, there would have been more Ricki drama and such this season. What bothers me about that scene is that it seemed like the writers were backtracking to get the "they were destined to be together" point across before they got married... maybe I'm just overanalyzing.

Given that Criminal Minds aired a religious based eppie right before NY, this scene was all the more hairball inducing, for lack of a better description.
*laughs* Elwood, when I was watching this episode I couldn't help but think "Oh, really? God said that they should be together? Did he also say that Matthew's parents should be jerks to Emily? Because sorry, but I care more about her than D/L, and I'd like to separate God from my shows at the moment..." :lol:

Last edited:
I'm rather surprised that as many people have complained about the 'God' reference, I thought this was compulsory in North American TV programmes, well most of the ones I've watched anyway. I always said I didn't need to go to church again, as I had watched all of Sue Thomas F B Eye and the first two seasons of The District. No priest could be quite as preachy as those two shows were.

I guess that my complaint isn't really about the God reference. It's more about how it played out. I mean, it's almost like the writers were talking about how great it was that D/L was together and getting married and whatnot. If you're talking about it from a show standpoint, the "gods" technically are the writers... It just played off to me as the writers saying that they had decided that Danny and Lindsay had been "destined for each other", when it's very clear that if Anna Belknap hadn't been pregnant, there would have been more Ricki drama and such this season. What bothers me about that scene is that it seemed like the writers were backtracking to get the "they were destined to be together" point across before they got married... maybe I'm just overanalyzing.

That's my take on it too. Although the religious aspect is also hilarious considering Lindsay's knocked up and they went to the courthouse to get married. It's also that Mac is "Mr. Science" but in the case of Danny and Lindsay he believes in destiny? Really? Mac Taylor? :rolleyes:

and Flack. My Flack. I was glancing away ever so briefly to make sure my dinner wasn't gonna wind up in my lap, when ...er, wha? did I -? just hear... douchebag? what, ......really?? awwww, Flack. :lol: :lol: :lol: Wasn't sure I'd heard that right, thought mebbe my mind had inserted it somehow, until someone else mentioned it in a review :lol:. Totally my kinda guy. :p

And then the episode started to lose something. It started to get really unsubtle and crossed into sanctimonious. I mean, no one would ever argue the stance taken on things like racism and consumption and pollution, but it got a little heavy handed, and moreover, there were moments that the lines spoken by our merry band could have been easily interchanged. Dialogue shouldn't be interchangeable between characters. It didn't matter who said them, just mattered that someone did, like excerpts from a speech or a petition or something. The characters, on both sides of the law, took a back seat to soapboxing, and the whole show became far less engaging for it.

Just wanted to echo this. So well put. I'm always anticipating your reviews, Elwood21 :)

Last edited:
A-

The case was good and kept me into the story all the way through, but what I really loved were the little character interactions in this episode, like the banter between Adam and Hawkes and the more serious talk between Mac and Danny. The father/son aspect of Mac and Danny's relationship was something I loved from earlier seasons, and it was great to see them interacting in that way again. Though like some, I was rubbed the wrong way by the "God brought you together" line. It was preachy, and just felt kind of out of character.

I loved that Adam got to step up to the plate and be a hero! It was nice to see him get a chance to do that and AJ was great. Loved his little bit with Hawkes when he came in after being questioned by the agencies. Hawkes' reaction was priceless.

And geez, it was like Mac and Stella were giving Danny away :lol:

Well, Danny has been the stereotypical "girl" in the relationship from the beginning so it makes sense. ;) Think about it: Lindsay pursued him second season and reeled him in, and then when he got clingy she pulled away. He turned into a doormat ready to do anything for her. Then they got together and she was the one who bedded him. And now Danny was the one nagging Lindsay to get married. So it makes sense that he was the one who was being given away. :lol:

On that note, I would have liked to see Lindsay be the one to propose to Danny this time around and make the marriage happen. We and she already knew he wanted to get married. It would have been great to see Lindsay take some initiative--like she did when she asked him out for drinks or when she went to kiss him or when she bedded him in "Snow Day." Honestly, if she'd been that kind of character more often, I'd like her a lot better than I do.

And that montage was unnecessary. I would have liked to see Danny and Lindsay actually exchange their vows, rather than just hearing them.

I like this episode but something I like to me to strange.
No adam .. maybe some feagarure somes scenes..
And the DL (I love this couples) is not some formolies for me..
I don't undersdant this weeders...
I'm sorry but it's so fastly

Well, I think I'm in the minority again on this one. I thought it was only an average type of episode.

Did Zachary Reiter really write this one? Hmm… I’ve liked pretty much everything else he’s written for CSI:NY, but this one missed the mark for me. After an initial fast start, the episode really dragged, and I found myself relatively bored during most of it.

I suppose it didn’t help that I was somewhat put off by the case. It didn’t make sense to me that the eco-terrorists would leave a 500 lb bomb in a residential neighborhood (to get one man) when there seemed to be other more likely (and effective) options. Also, it seemed the writers felt the need to balance the scales and show at least a small amount of justification for the terrorists’ cause (if not their actions) by having the target, an (apparent) eco-friendly father, turn out to be a greedy, industrial polluter.

And poor MK/Stella must’ve drawn the short straw on this one….She had the honor of interrogating the father (and educating the audience) in a very contrived, PSA-type scene complete with photos, facts, and figures. I know eco-terrorism and industrial pollution are complicated, real life issues with broad global and political implications….But I don’t care to be hit over the head with such issues, especially in a crime drama, which likely will never have the time to deal with them in a realistic, balanced manner.

That said, I did like certain moments in the episode. The opening scenes with Adam, including the explosion and the aftermath, were well done. Nice acting, direction, and camera-work. And Adam’s scenes with Mac and Sheldon were good as well. The scene between Flack and the neo-Naxi suspect also was quite effective. Flack really did seem a bit troubled by the whole thing, and I don’t blame him….That guy’s persona was seriously scary.

I have mixed feelings about the Danny/Mac scene. Overall, I thought it was a highlight – a very honest and enlightening scene for both characters. I am sometimes critical of Danny, but I really sympathized with him in this scene and appreciated that at least he had the maturity and self-awareness to acknowledge his doubts and try to talk to someone about them. And I thought it took some courage on his part to admit his shortcomings to someone that he respects and would probably want to think well of him..

It was a very honest, human moment for Mac as well. I was a bit surprised at the revelation that Mac didn’t want to have children because he feared disappointing Claire, but I guess I can buy it if he felt he was too career-oriented or emotionally restrained to be a good father. And I really don’t have a problem with the idea that Mac is religious – that first scene of him in the church in “Blink” is something I remember well – and I can even see him believing that a baby is a blessing from God.

Like others, though, I found Mac's specific comment about God bringing Danny and Lindsay together to be odd given the situation. Mac knows that Danny and Lindsay had troubles in their relationship, and he must have some inkling that this pregnancy was not planned, so it seems like a really strange thing to say under those circumstances. Perhaps what he really meant was that the baby was a blessing from God that could bring Danny and Lindsay closer together, but if that’s what was intended, it should’ve been written differently. I agree that this seemed like just another way for the writers to gloss over the disjointed, ambiguous development of this relationship and tell the audience (through Mac) that it was meant to be.

As for Lindsay, this episode illustrates one of the major issues with the character imo. Danny gets an emotional, moving scene during which he exposes his weaknesses and self-doubts about himself as a potential husband and father. Lindsay gets a scene where she comments on her physical discomforts and talks about visiting Montana and how her mother will be happy to see her daughter pregnant. Will we ever get a scene with Lindsay during which she demonstrates some self-awareness or introspection and acknowledges her own mistakes and insecurities? Surely at this point the writers can see that this is something that needs to happen if the character is to gain some depth and demonstrate growth. I used to be relatively indifferent to this couple, but the writing for them is starting to annoy more and more. I really dislike relationships that are written in such an unbalanced, one-up, one-down manner.

As for the wedding, I didn’t have a big problem with how it was handled – it was low key, kind of sweet, and didn’t take too much screen time. (I don’t think it bodes well for a relationship, though, when one person needs to make assurances that he can be the person that the other wants him to be.) And I agree that the montage at the end was quite unnecessary.

Grade = C.

I’m already looking forward to the last four episodes. Maybe Zachary Reiter will get a chance to write one of them and hopefully have some better storylines with which to work.

Did Zachary Reiter really write this one?
meanwhile i liked the episode i asked the same regarding the writer. I don't know how they work but in "Jag" one writer wrote the script and later ALL writers edited/corrected etc. At the end who got his/her name in the credits could be anyone (i don't remember very well but Don Bellisario's assitant explained us once how things worked)

And poor MK/Stella must’ve drawn the short straw on this one….She had the honor of interrogating the father (and educating the audience) in a very contrived, PSA-type scene complete with photos, facts, and figures. I know eco-terrorism and industrial pollution are complicated, real life issues with broad global and political implications….But I don’t care to be hit over the head with such issues, especially in a crime drama, which likely will never have the time to deal with them in a realistic, balanced manner.
i always i have felt Melina is like Mariska in Law&Order:SVU. And in both shows they have been in charge of being the audience's eyes regarding this issue and in both shows it was treated ;)

Like others, though, I found Mac's specific comment about God bringing Danny and Lindsay together to be odd given the situation. Mac knows that Danny and Lindsay had troubles in their relationship, and he must have some inkling that this pregnancy was not planned, so it seems like a really strange thing to say under those circumstances. Perhaps what he really meant was that the baby was a blessing from God that could bring Danny and Lindsay closer together, but if that’s what was intended, it should’ve been written differently. I agree that this seemed like just another way for the writers to gloss over the disjointed, ambiguous development of this relationship and tell the audience (through Mac) that it was meant to be.
he remarked first that God put them together and late they received a gif (the baby). I found it odd myself Mac said so considering their relationship has not been a bed of roses

It was a very honest, human moment for Mac as well. I was a bit surprised at the revelation that Mac didn’t want to have children because he feared disappointing Claire, but I guess I can buy it if he felt he was too career-oriented or emotionally restrained to be a good father. And I really don’t have a problem with the idea that Mac is religious – that first scene of him in the church in “Blink” is something I remember well – and I can even see him believing that a baby is a blessing from God.
it's not the first time he has showed those doubts about himself. He told Peyton (i'm masochist tonight :D)in Silent Night
"Look at in my eyes because i need you hear me..i can't promise i won't be any hesitant and cautious but i'm commended to make this work"

And as i said posts above it's not strange his reference to God because the first scene is in Blink as you pointed out but probably it's odd related to DL relationship

Debbs :)

The first scenes with Stella and Bobby were good. Felix. I mean Felix. Redman. ...inski. rama. Disappointed we didn't get to see more of Bobby. On a few levels. Alas.
Hee, the Bobster, Bobarino, the Bobinator! ;)

My inevitable more flippant thoughts on the scene had me pondering which god would do such a thing and why (Thor mebbe? Odin?), and, "well done, ...nice one, god."
My flippant thoughts were, 'So, God is responsible for bringing them together. Let's see, to really take it back - Lindsay probably decided to become a crime fighter after her friends got killed, and she came to New York to fill Aiden's vacancy. So God killed her friends and got Aiden fired in order to facilitate the Lurve. Nice.'

I know that's not what they were going for, but eh - as I said, flippant.

My last last thought was, so, when is Danny gonna talk to Flack about any of this? Is he ever? But I guess Don's got a personal life now.
Once Danny found his true love, he had no time for friends - now that Flack is getting some, why should he bother either? :p

*laughs* Elwood, when I was watching this episode I couldn't help but think "Oh, really? God said that they should be together? Did he also say that Matthew's parents should be jerks to Emily? Because sorry, but I care more about her than D/L, and I'd like to separate God from my shows at the moment..." :lol:
ha, yeah I know. ;) It just felt oddly imposed and out of place with Mac, at least IMO. They've just never had any character on NY so directly express such a thing, so that in itself stood out. I also think that the few moments in earlier seasons devoted to characters in that regard were more far more introspective as opposed to um, annunciative. Here I thought it beyond unnecessary to what had otherwise been a rather nice exchange between Danny and Mac.

My final thoughts on Gad and DL: Aren't natural disasters and inexplicable events and occurances often billed as 'Acts of God?' :p

It's also that Mac is "Mr. Science" but in the case of Danny and Lindsay he believes in destiny? Really? Mac Taylor? :rolleyes:
I agree. That too was part of why it felt so jarring to me. Again, there seems to be a problem with a consistent depiction of who these characters are, mis-using them to serve a separate purpose when needed as TPTB see fit.

Just wanted to echo this. So well put. I'm always anticipating your reviews, Elwood21 :)
...thanks very kindly roximonoxide :) ;)

I loved that Adam got to step up to the plate and be a hero! It was nice to see him get a chance to do that and AJ was great. Loved his little bit with Hawkes when he came in after being questioned by the agencies. Hawkes' reaction was priceless.
Yeah, that was fun. And didn't AJ do his own stunts? Or was that gonna be in an upcoming? (can you get a Jank double...?) And Sheldon managing to keep a straight face was brilliant, those two should get more scenes together.

Well, Danny has been the stereotypical "girl" in the relationship from the beginning so it makes sense. ;) Think about it: Lindsay pursued him second season and reeled him in, and then when he got clingy she pulled away. He turned into a doormat ready to do anything for her. Then they got together and she was the one who bedded him. And now Danny was the one nagging Lindsay to get married. So it makes sense that he was the one who was being given away. :lol:
:lol: Ha, ...all very tru dat... :lol: :lol: aw, poor Messer. Man. Hope they check her carry-on for what's left of his ...blah blah, y'all know. Some days I think it's a wonder his voice hasn't changed.

On that note, I would have liked to see Lindsay be the one to propose to Danny this time around and make the marriage happen. We and she already knew he wanted to get married. It would have been great to see Lindsay take some initiative--like she did when she asked him out for drinks or when she went to kiss him or when she bedded him in "Snow Day." Honestly, if she'd been that kind of character more often, I'd like her a lot better than I do.
Well, I would have at least bought the fact that she'd come around and actually wanted to marry the guy. It's like they'll both wake up in the morning and but for a receipt think mebbe it had never happened... (wishful thinking :p but ok, I know Mac passed Danny a ring box, yada) I wouldna liked it anymore, but I guess I might actually buy that from her, as she's always done things her own way and in her own time. Wonder how Danny woulda really responded?

This was still all Marry Me / Not yet / Now? / No / Now? / No / Now? / I'm Going Home / Now? /F*ck / Really? / No! / I gotta money order? / sheesh / So? / ArrightAlready...hey, gimme a Lift to the Airport? :p

As for Lindsay, this episode illustrates one of the major issues with the character imo. Danny gets an emotional, moving scene during which he exposes his weaknesses and self-doubts about himself as a potential husband and father. Lindsay gets a scene where she comments on her physical discomforts and talks about visiting Montana and how her mother will be happy to see her daughter pregnant. Will we ever get a scene with Lindsay during which she demonstrates some self-awareness or introspection and acknowledges her own mistakes and insecurities? Surely at this point the writers can see that this is something that needs to happen if the character is to gain some depth and demonstrate growth.
BabbyMomma. And Processing!Montage woman. Well, TPTB did say it was gonna be seen thru the father's eyes... :lol: they just never specified the chronology. Could be there's little residing inside Lindsay for her to be introspective about. Aside from the baby that is. The exchange with Sid I saw as 'let's keep Lindsay being light and funny.' That's about as much demand the writers seem willing to put on her. Lots of possible theories as to why that is.

Originally Posted by Faylinn:Hee, the Bobster, Bobarino, the Bobinator!
:lol: I'm liking der Bobinator.

As for your flippant theological theories, ...yer evil. :p

And as for Don and Angell, good on 'em. Now Messer will be all on his lonesome with his BabyMontanaMrsMomma all gone 'way. ...Karma? ;)

And lastly, stop proselytizing, CSI:NY. Yes, environmental pollution is awful, and exploiting impoverished peasants is dastardly, but bad, agenda-pandering drama blows, too. You might as well have held up a sign that read, "And now, we at CSI:NY would like to tell you about the evils of industrial pollution. Please applaud Stella as she gets her mad indignant on. Thank you." The scene would've been much more effective if Stella had hammered home the fact that Mr. Fishman's greed had contributed to his daughter's death instead of waving around guilt-inducing photos of Chinese peasant children. I'm sorry that greedy asses are endangering the lives of poor peasants, but I'm not feeling guilty because I own a PC. If I didn't, how else would Zuiker besiege me with his hurl-inducing cross-platforming? Go stow it without lube, NY writers.

B+

I agree. The guy just lost his daughter, and Stella decides to play Eco-Cop? "Hey guy, your daughter's dead, and here's how YOU'RE partly to blame!!"

Ah, nothing's more satisfying than rubbing salt into another person's wounds to promote your political agenda.

I finally got to see it, thankfu er eventually. Maybe it didn't help that I'd read all the reviews, but I was bored halfway through. The crime story had a lot of potential but not a lot of though put into making it a detailed and interesting story. I presume at the writers meeting, they were overexcited about the ending and forgot to include a middle.

A few things stood out to me. I agree that Neo-Natzis are vile, dangerous individuals, but why did Mac need to bring up the death penalty before he had even analysed the evidence. This reminded me of the guy falsely accused as a peodophile, were they all had him convicted until proven innocent. They could do with having Grissom transfered there for a year or so to retrain them about assumptions and letting the evidence do the talking.

If the dead girl did not have that piece of paper in her pocket, would they ever have thought to look into the fathers' business practices (they didn't, Stella stumbled on it by investigating the paper). Environmental terrorists targeting an electronic recycling businessman, would make any sensible person at least consider this as an avenue for investigation.

Do the writers think we are all so stupid that we need a summary of what happened in the previous 30 minutes. Stella's 'speech' to the father didn't give us any more information and i'm sure we all already got that environmental pollution is bad, we don't need each weeks moral message pounded home with a jackhammer.

Though did love the irony of the eco-warriors blowing up a petrol station, now that's definately eco-friendly. :rolleyes:

A grief counsellor is required in that lab, they make no attempt to offer comfort to the victims' families, though they are generally not involved in the crime or are unknown to be. It comes across as, look we found a dead body, do you know who it is? The relative becomes distraught and they just want a name, then no words of comfort. The most any relative got was Danny's epic 'so your daughter's dead, wait til I tell you about my shitty day'.

I thought Anna did an OK job with the disaster at the end, she managed to appear a little emotional for a second or two, Carmine is never going to get there with this storyline, he just seems so detached from any positive or negative emotion (he does it perfectly elsewhere). Though I find the whole thing boring, I would at least pretend not to, if I was the one onscreen, come on son... we all know you can do it.

Last edited:
Back