Grade 'And Here's To You, Mrs. Azrael'

I give this episode a solid A. That ripped from teh headlines twist made this a riveting episode from the get go.

I love that we get back story on both Mac and Hawkes in this episode blended seamlessly into the story, and once again we see how very very talented both Gary and Hill are.

My absolute favorite scene however, was the one between Hammerbeck and Mac in the morgue. I have a sneaking feeling that Hammerbeck suspects that Mac is with Peyton and was fishing, but that scene could have very easily suggested the opposite - that it was an innocent invitation to dinner.

Thank you thank you thank you TPTB for the locker room scene. I can die happy now.

oh man great show tonight. I figured dark hair mom did it for revenge. It was really sad eppy tonight. Made me remember family members. Anyway, I was just too happy to see Danny shirtless. My night was made. Thanks TPTB!!!!!

Oh...my...god....

That had to be the single most chilling episode of CSI i've ever seen...

First of all, i loved the character development with Hawkes-he's been waiting long enough to get his backstory, and i'm glad we got it-Hill Harper was great in this episode.

Second, Danny without a shirt...nice :D

But what really made this episode so excellent, at least for me, was the end of it. Throughout the entire episode, i had my theories on who the killer was, and so did my mom-she actually predicted what happened, but i just laughed it off...so i was totally surprised when it was finally figured out. That kind of made the end of it hard to watch-ecpseically when the mother goes back in her thoughts and remembers the girl she was smothering calling for her mother...and not knowing it was her. That was a terrible moment to see, ecspecially when the mother finally gets what she had done...

This episode was excellent...but it was one that i know would be hard for me to watch again. It really hit kind of hard and provoked a real emotional response that i havent felt watching a CSI show before (besides the usual Danny angst, etc). It kept me hooked and surprised me at the end. I gave it an A+

I also recognized the RL case it was based on. I'm only a few hours away from where it happened as well.

I never call these things; only did tonight because of the text game and the fact there was female DNA on the one chest pad.

I liked the ending; Hawkes got to save a life after feeling bad about losing patients in the hospital in the past.

They were SO hiding Anna's belly there at the end.

*thud* *drool* *faint* ShirtlessDanny and the FlackPants...I'll help take care of the both of them <g>

Who was Mac talking about that asked him to end his life and he couldn't? I somehow missed who he said it was.

I'll say A.

cheese.jpg

Called the volunteer as soon as we saw her. Called her motive, too. It really doesn't help that the stupid CSI Q gives you three possible answers when already two of them have been ruled out by the CSIs. Way to go, CBS.

If they suspected Heather was Nicole, why didn't they just test her DNA? Why go through all the trouble of going to the car and having to find an explanation for the drivers license, etc?

The NY writers will find ANY excuse to get Carmine shirtless, and yet I've been waiting for Adam Rodriguez to strip for 5 fucking years and nothing. He's been shot, he's gone diving, he's been in fires, he's had shit spilled on him, he's had sex... all fully clothed. Jesus doesn't love me.

You can't have a dead, young girl without the obligatory close up of Lindsay Taking!It!Personally! You'd think she'd be used to it by now, considering every single case involves a dead, young girl. The good thing about CSI: New York is that fat, and/or old, and/or ugly people never die. And yet every week there's more young, beautiful people than the week before! It's a mystery. I think for every young, beautiful person that dies, three are born.

When Heather looked at her mother and said 'mom', why were all her bruises gone?

Why didn't Dumbass Mom recognize the voice of her own daughter?

That scene where Mac and Stella tell Mommy Dearest that she killed her own daughter was so disappointing. Think about it, how often do you get to tell people that they killed their own children? I'd try to make it a grandtastic experience. I'd hire a Barbershop Quartet. Release a couple of balloons, confetti is falling from the ceiling, hang off a banner on the wall: "CONGRATULATIONS: YOU KILLED YOUR OWN DAUGHTER!" When she starts wailing, that's when the poodles on tricycles come in.

Shot of the team walking towards the camera at the end: so cheesy.

Hawkes saving that guy at the end: MEGA CHEESE! Actually, Hawkes's entire storyline was so ridiculous. Oh, boo hoo hoo, the chief of surgery is so meeeeeaaan. A woman died while I was operating on heeeeeer. The chief of surgery is being meeeeeeaaaaan again, I must go into the locker room and sulk in silence. Oh, grow a freaking pair, Hawkes. What did you think would happen when you went into medicine, that your magical hands would prevent every single one of your patients from dying? Why are all the male characters on CSI: NY so whiny? What a bunch of girls. It's like Stella has been systematically removing their penises and keeping them as charms.

Hammerback looks so much like an aged Kevin McDonald. Now we just need the rest of the Kids in the Hall in the morgue and it'll be a party.

Who does Stella spend her Thanksgiving with? I mean, I assume Mac has family in Chicago, meanwhile Stella has no one. No one is inviting her to Thanksgiving dinner. And every time that someone says the word 'adoption' on this show I expect Stella to raise her hand Hermione style and go, "me! Me! I'm adopted! Does anyone remember that I'm adopted! I'm adopted, guys! What's up with that?" Gah, when are we gonna learn about Stella's past already? It better be a hell of a lot better than Sheldon's Emo Adventures in the OR: Now With More Wretched, Desolate, Locker Room Tears (soundtrack by Evanescence).

After such a great episode of Bones, this was a huge disappointment, and if Anna Belknap were any more pregnant she'd be migrating to tropical waters.

His father!! His father was dying of lung cancer and asked Mac to end it because the drugs weren't working anymore. Mac couldn't do it.

I liked the emotional twist at the end. Many teenagers don't realize how irresponsible drinking, driving, and sharing each other's identification can be...a nightmare in disguise. Kudos to CSI:NY in shedding light on this. Great job! Grade: A-

Why, why, why is "being in a wheelchair" always pronounced as though it were a fate worse than death? Everyone except Hawkes pointed this out as if it were akin to terminal cancer. (Even Flack: BAD FLACK!! No biscuit!!) It is possible to have a full life-including lovin'-when one is chairbound.

Other than that, it was a good episode, though I'm not sure why Hawkes and his former boss were fapping so fiercely at one another.

I gave it an A- (only because I believe that everything can be improved upon, otherwise I would have easily given it an A or A+).

For anyone looking for more character development and great interaction, this episode was a gold mine! Loved hearing GNR's "Sweet Child o' Mine" playing plaintively in the background at the beginning, as we saw scenes of Heather growing up.

Enjoyed seeing another side of Hawkes' personality tonight, and getting a glimpse into his past experiences at the hospital. Nice flashback scene while he was sitting in the locker room; obviously losing his first patient (I'm assuming it was his first) was painful for him, glad Danny was there to at least listen to him a bit. (And yes, yummy gratuitous Shirtless!Danny scene :p)

Awwww, warm fuzzy moment, it was sweet of Sid to invite Mac to his place for Thanksgiving. Although I agree with whomever said above (Springmoon?), Sid could have either been "fishing", or it could have been a sincere invitation and nothing else, but it was cute, nonetheless.

Nice chase scene with Mac/Flack taking down Matt Huxley, the ex boyfriend. Mac can still run pretty good for his age, and Flack does not like getting his clothing scuffied up, he doesn't have a suit allowance, thank you veddy much... :lol:

Poignant scene with Mac revealing to Hawkes how his own father had asked him to end his life while in his worst stage of cancer, and Mac refused.

I hadn't read about the real life incidents of identity mixup (someone over at IMDb also posted a recent news article about an incident involving 2 young women in Michigan that this happened to). How horrible for the families! Was it just me, or did anyone else hear the girl in the bed, after her mom started smothering her with the plastic, ever-so-faintly say "Ma-ma" under the plastic? Sent chills down my spine. I know she said "Mom" beforehand, but I swear she said it while being smothered, too. *shudders*

Good scene of Hawkes at the end, too. Nice reminder for him, that although he now works with the dead, he is still capable of saving lives, too.

Called the volunteer as soon as we saw her. Called her motive, too. It really doesn't help that the stupid CSI Q gives you three possible answers when already two of them have been ruled out by the CSIs. Way to go, CBS.

If they suspected Heather was Nicole, why didn't they just test her DNA? Why go through all the trouble of going to the car and having to find an explanation for the drivers license, etc?

I called the killer as soon as I saw her, too, but I thought it was going to be revenge or jealousy. Of course, as soon as the heart tag DNA didn't match, I remembered the recent real-life case and figured it out.
I also wondered why they just didn't check the girl's DNA, too. That made no sense to me, but I guess they had to do it to establish who the driver was — in order to make the killer mom feel even more horrible.
I liked the Hawkes backstory, but I need my eyes checked. I thought his patient who died was a teenage boy.
I thought this was an improvement over last week. Solid A.

The sence with Hawkes and Mac standing in the other room of the interagation room was kinda odd..
Mac talking about his father felt like it was thrown in. Hawkes said, i was remembering when we were talking. and Mac just jumped right in about his father..

What had they been talking about in the first place?
It was nice to get a little bit more info into Macs background and Hawkes too.

I recorded it so i'm gonna re watch it before i grade it..

CSI_Chic said:
The sence with Hawkes and Mac standing in the other room of the interagation room was kinda odd..
Mac talking about his father felt like it was thrown in. Hawkes said, i was remembering when we were talking. and Mac just jumped right in about his father...

I assumed that since they had initially suspected mercy killing as the reason why she was dead, that's why Mac mentioned his own experience with it, when his father asked him to take his life during the cancer.

My thoughts; I really liked this episode. It was very I don't know if chilling is the right word but I felt like yelling at the lady and saying you killed your own daughter!! Anyway maybe that's because it's late and I'm cranky:) I still really liked it even though

1. I figured close to the beginning that this was going to be a case of mistaken identity. Being from Indiana I recognized the story because we just had something earlier this year where a group of band student (I think they were band students) Were going back home when they were hit by another car and I believe 13 of them were killed and one of the survivors was mistaken for one of the victims because they looked so muck alike and both had major facial trauma. Anyway it wasn't until the other girl wouldn't respond to the parents that they thought anything was wrong.

2. I kinda figured the volunteer from early on also because I might be wrong but Mel Harris was the only "name" guest star and you wouldn't figure her only role would be to "comfort" the mother of her daughters friend.

But on the other hand

1. Story delevopment for Hawkes!! YAY!! Loved it!! I like the flashback scene. I like that even though we already knew why Hawkes left the Hospital it was really addressed. Anyway I don't know if that all made sense!

2. A little Mac background is always good. Have we ever heard anything about his father before? Just wondering
and
3. Of course, I'm sorry to say Shirtless Danny!! Carmine was the reason I started watching CSI NY.

Anyway sorry for my confusing ramblings. I don't hardly ever post but this was the first time I felt I had something to contribute!

I can see it now.

The Season 3 finale. The ultimate flesh orgy of the hawt cast. :lol: The way things are going? Danny's gonna be totally naked by the time this season's over. Oh, and Flack's probably gonna lose those pants of his too. Oh, and Hawkes! Yes, Hawkes will probably go all nekkidy in the locker room with Danny or something.

We already had half-naked Mac in the last season finale, and we had Stella in the shower in season one. :p

Can you tell I'm totally loving shirtless Danny this episode?

The ending- how sad! I actually read that scene awhile ago, so I knew the twist was coming, but great acting in those scenes!

And yay! for Hawkes at the end :D

I wasn't paying too much attention during the episode as I was flicking to another channel, but I'm definately going to watch it on disc, especially after tuning in to see a shirtless Danny. Nice hott treat on a cold rainy night! :lol:

Back