Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

my personal favourite was when Cath commented on knowing how to turn Gil on. I wish that TPTB didn't cut the scene at that point 'cause I really wanted to see his reaction. I think he would have affirmed it...
Oh, how I love love love that scene. His facial expression is between,"Do I really have to answer that?!" and "You know you do!" :lol: It's just a simple question really, but had we got to hear an answer it would've opened the door for so many other unanswered questions. Don't you just get the feeling that there was more to that scene than what was actually aired like different reactions and things said?

Which episode are we talking about? (Pardon my ever-present ignorance ;p) I'm sure if it's one I've seen, my bestie here & I are on the saaame brainwave :)

I was just thinking about the "I knew before you did" moment yesterday...did we forget about that one already? I think that's the ULTIMATE PureJoy moment, it encapsulates everything that PureJoy is, in just that sentence and the looks on their faces. <3 it!

I'm also a huge fan of the Shooting Stars desert scene, when Cath & Gil go off on a "walk" and end up finding the bunker. There's a cap somewhere that is just of them walking, but the way both of their arms are at that particular moment, it looks like they're holding hands. *SQUEE* I know, everyone has seen it, but OH.EM.GEE David Blaine it's HOT! And I love how Cath went in with the gun & Gil went in with the flashlight...ROFL...

^The turn on comment I think is from the season eight episode A La Cart. Forget the "I knew...." moment?! Are you kidding?!:eek: You couldn't forget that even if you tried. Like you said, everything that is PureJoy was in that moment. Course, again, I don't think it was all acting either.;)

Anybody remember Crate and Burial when Catherine was worried about Lindsey cause she didn't want a party and told Gil she was afraid Lindsey was going to turn out like her and he told her she'd be fine just look at her. I thought that was the sweetest thing.:adore:

^The turn on comment I think is from the season eight episode A La Cart. Forget the "I knew...." moment?! Are you kidding?!:eek: You couldn't forget that even if you tried. Like you said, everything that is PureJoy was in that moment. Course, again, I don't think it was all acting either.;)

Anybody remember Crate and Burial when Catherine was worried about Lindsey cause she didn't want a party and told Gil she was afraid Lindsey was going to turn out like her and he told her she'd be fine just look at her. I thought that was the sweetest thing.:adore:

AHHH OMG I totally forgot about that little moment!! HA! I remember that- and it WAS SO SWEET. Big confidence booster for Cath (as if she needs one ;p) and definitley insight into what Gil REALLY thinks about Cath's character and how she runs her life & is raising Lindsey...LOVE it! Of COURSE it wasn't all acting ;)

That scene from Crate 'n Burial was indeed one of the sweetest moments between Catherine and Gil. I loved how Gil knew Catherine wasn't feeling right and kept checking up on her. And then when she finally told him her worries and he told her Lindsey would be just fine, that just melt my heart. I also think it was really cute that both Gil and Nick bought Lindsey a mini crime lab lol. Anyone remember when Catherine pulled that stick out of her mouth at the end of that scene? I bet that made Gil totally hot hehe. :devil:

RAWR. Gil likes Catherine's tongue action skills just as much as she loves his I bet.

One of the reasons I like Crate and Burial is it shows how close Gil is to Catherine and her daughter. He more than anyone knows about her life and her relationship with Lindsey - and obviously he cares enough that when she says Lindsey's not having a party, he's concerned abouot Catherine.

That's one of the things I missed in the later seasons. Gil and Catherine obviously had a very caring, loving and close relationship, and I think it was pushed away. We still on occassion saw Catherine's "What would you do without me?" and her other concerns for Gil, but we didn't as much see it the other way around.

A good example is the night that Catherine found Lindsey at that club. That was something, like Harvest and like Crate and Burial that I would have expected to see a GC discussion on - but we didn't.

Stupid tptb.

RAWR. Gil likes Catherine's tongue action skills just as much as she loves his I bet.

One of the reasons I like Crate and Burial is it shows how close Gil is to Catherine and her daughter. He more than anyone knows about her life and her relationship with Lindsey - and obviously he cares enough that when she says Lindsey's not having a party, he's concerned abouot Catherine.

That's one of the things I missed in the later seasons. Gil and Catherine obviously had a very caring, loving and close relationship, and I think it was pushed away. We still on occassion saw Catherine's "What would you do without me?" and her other concerns for Gil, but we didn't as much see it the other way around.

A good example is the night that Catherine found Lindsey at that club. That was something, like Harvest and like Crate and Burial that I would have expected to see a GC discussion on - but we didn't.

Stupid tptb.

I think so far on this particular page of the thread, this is the BEST post I have seen yet...What an awesome pointer about PureJoy's relationship! I LOVE it.
Not many people have an "all access pass" to Catherine (or Gil, for that matter) and her life; she doesn't go off venting or crying to just anyone...especially in (was it Evaluation Day?) when she walked into Gil's office and was ranting about wanting the supervisor job, and she goes "I haven't had sex in six, no, seven months" and Gil goes "How can I help?" (bwahahahaha :devil:) And then the tears that ensued and all that was said...WHO ELSE does that happen with!? How TPTB don't get this CLEAR on/off screen relationship in the forefront and actually play around with it, much less recognize it for what it is, is beyond me. *chases TPTB with brownies*
But honestly, brilliant observation, dear...You ROCK :)

Anyone remember when Catherine pulled that stick out of her mouth at the end of that scene? I bet that made Gil totally hot hehe. :devil:
You mean this scene right here....

Oh, the possibilities that run through one's head at a point like this.:devil:

I agree with what you said, Anne. It did show how close they were and because he cares so much about her, he also cares about her daughter. Why the breaks were all the sudden slammed on their close relationship is beyond me. I mean do they honestly expect us to believe that, as close as they were, that relationship is just going to fade away almost as if it was never that way to begin with?

How TPTB don't get this CLEAR on/off screen relationship in the forefront and actually play around with it, much less recognize it for what it is, is beyond me. *chases TPTB with brownies*

I just think they enjoy torturing us with possibilities... *joins in on the chase* Either that, or the majority won out over PureJoy. *does double take* Wait, what?! Since when was PureJoy the minority ship? Have you seen those two together? You want sexual tension, couples' telepathy and all over amazing partnership, then look no further... *pokes TPTB*

I've been reading a bit about screenwriting lately, and I think one of the problems that CSI had was this.

Each show has a series bible, including what is going to happen further down the road. They probably, before they even cast the characters, decided that Grissom and Sara were going to get together.

And then they cast the characters and got a nasty shock - Marg and Billy had amazing chemistry - and it was effortless.

Now, we know they were TOLD to tone it down, and that they had less scenes together because of this.

But because the network/exec/produc/lots of bigwigs sign a show with the current bible, they couldn't all of a sudden go "Hey, let's put Grissom and Cath together instead of Grissom and Sara".

It was just their bad luck that Marg and Billy had such great chemistry onscreen - because really, you couldn't see Marg in the role of Sara. She IS Catherine Willows.

That being said - RAWR Gil and Catherine were hot in Pledging Mr Johnson. All him putting his arm around her waist and lifting her down. RAWR!!!

^Apparently TPTB never heard of a little thing called changing your mind.:rolleyes: I just believe that when something that good falls into your lap, you should just run with it and see what happens. Lord knows, it'd be better than how it is now. Oh, well.

Ah, PMJ...we get working together, we get a fight, we get making up, we get touching, and let's not forget the looks. Especially the one Gil gave her when she was trying to crank the boat, the way he licked his lips....just oozing with sexual tension.:devil:

Thanks for the info, Anne. Well, that's definitely a bummer. And yeah, they should have known better than keeping the idea if there was so much chemistry between Catherine and Gil onscreen and they had to tell the actors to "tone it down", which proved that they were too hot together. lol.

Ah, PMJ...we get working together, we get a fight, we get making up, we get touching, and let's not forget the looks. Especially the one Gil gave her when she was trying to crank the boat, the way he licked his lips....just oozing with sexual tension.:devil:
Oh I love how you said that , 4_H. Doesn't that sound just like an old married couple, which Cath and Gil always are to us? :)

Anyone remember when Catherine pulled that stick out of her mouth at the end of that scene? I bet that made Gil totally hot hehe. :devil:
You mean this scene right here....

Oh, the possibilities that run through one's head at a point like this.:devil:

I agree with what you said, Anne. It did show how close they were and because he cares so much about her, he also cares about her daughter. Why the breaks were all the sudden slammed on their close relationship is beyond me. I mean do they honestly expect us to believe that, as close as they were, that relationship is just going to fade away almost as if it was never that way to begin with?

OH. MY. GAAAAWD....

Are you TRYING to kill me or something!?!? Lord have MERCY that ain't right!!!!
*prints picture and runs after TPTB, waving it in the air* DO YOU SEE THIS!? DO. YOU. SEE. THIS!??! OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU, BLIND!?!?!?
AH that is SO hott... I can hardly stop staring it's just sooooo tensioned...It brings to mind Xtina's song "Dirrty" ...RAWR.

^Apparently TPTB never heard of a little thing called changing your mind.:rolleyes: I just believe that when something that good falls into your lap, you should just run with it and see what happens.

I think it's just really bad luck for us... I personally think TPTB are too stubborn to change their minds or that they thought it would be a waste of time. *pokes TPTB* Bad TPTB. PureJoy is definitely worth investing in... hey, as long as Billy and Marg are okay with it, you can do anything.

^Yeah, course I don't think they're stupid enough to think it would be a waste of time...at least, I hope not. Unfortunately, we just got the short end of the stick. But hey, as long as we got Billy and Marg's vote, we're good.;)
Doesn't that sound just like an old married couple, which Cath and Gil always are to us? :)
Dare we say hot married couple? *looks at the evidence* Oh yeah, I think that can definately be said!

Definitely hot married couple. Heh. They sizzle onscreen, and I have no doubt that it's even better offscreen. :lol: Let's also not forget about how they both found the location of the boat, in their own ways. IMO that shows that they're very different from each other, but they complement each other because of that and always find their way back to the other. :) Also? The scene where he helped her out of the boat? The way he held her hand and lifted her? NO. WORDS. NEEDED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back