Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tu

I was reading the Ultimate Guide to CSI the other day, and I was reading the part about Lady Heater (trust me, this is GC), and they mentioned how she told Grissom that he was afraid of being "known".

And I thought, considering all the women in his life, the only one that really "knows" him, is Catherine.

She knows so many of the things in his life that he's never revealed to anyone else, and she knows how to spot nuances and subtlties of his character. She knows him to such an extent that they can talk to each other without saying a word.

I find it fascinating that he's afraid of being known, but is apparently quite comfortable with being known by Catherine.

Kaylyne, that's precisely the sense I got too. Catherine knows. And I suspect she isn't happy about it, from the expression on her face in Loco Motives when Sara walked into their conversation.

Catherine continues to be very protective of Gil, and that was the sense I got from the scene in the car with Nick. Protective of Gil and of the team in general. To have Nick know that Gil was sleeping with Sara would destroy quite a bit of the esteem in which the younger guys hold him. The fallout from that could be very negative for the team.

Drumchik said:
I find it fascinating that he's afraid of being known, but is apparently quite comfortable with being known by Catherine.
What can I say? He's a one-woman-man... who's having a bit of a mid-life crisis at the moment. But remaining true to himself, he's still not letting anybody in -- other than Catherine quite obviously.

A thought occurred to me: Gil doesn't have to make the effort to talk, Cath susses him out straightaway everytime. Maybe that's why he lets her in? Minimal effort for him, and total trust in her sixth sense and her complete discretion. Some men just don't like to talk about themselves (or aren't comfortable doing it), and women may interpret that as not wanting to be known.

EricaSJ said:
What I'm still happy about is that they didn't completely stop writing C/G scenes although the amount of them has been reduced to a minimum.
As ignorant as they are trying to be, I think T_TB still knows what will happen if they kill GC off entirely ;)

ren28 said:
Kaylyne, that's precisely the sense I got too. Catherine knows. And I suspect she isn't happy about it
Yeah, I got that feeling too. Although she appeared to be joking about gil getting a girlfriend, I didn't really sense any humour in her voice when she said it.

ren28 said:
A thought occurred to me: Gil doesn't have to make the effort to talk, Cath susses him out straightaway everytime. Maybe that's why he lets her in? Minimal effort for him, and total trust in her sixth sense and her complete discretion.
That's what having "mo qi" is all about ;)

Catherine knows. The woman always knows. On some level, she is aware of what is going on between Gil and Sara. In locomotives, you could cut the tension between the three of them with a knife. Grissom/Sara isn't exactly the best kept secret in the lab. Since when does Grissom bring any member of his team a salad??

What I got when Catherine and Nicky were talking in the car was that she knew, but out of respect for Gil, she did not want to elaborate. It's the whole 'back thing'. Gil's got her back and she has his. She knows that his relationship could jeopardize his job, and she wants to protect him because, above all (except Cath) Gilbert Grissom LOVES his job. She knows this and it is already apparent that she would do anything to protect him (*cough* Goggle *cough*). He's sacrificed a lot for her job and now she wants to do the same for him.

Speaking of the 'back thing', I will be SO mad if he doesn't have her back after the upcoming events.

Well, after all she's done for him over the years, he better have her back.

An interesting thing though..

I believe in Meet Market, Cath and Sara work together. If this is so, considering that Cath knows, I wonder what will happen there?

A real cat fight over Grissom would be nice, cause we all know Cath will win ;)

Haha, while I am thinking of it, something as in the episode where Cath gets a chocolate bar from Sara zo she'll shut up would be cool. I can't remember the name, fuck it. Haha that was os funny: "Since when do you care about you appearance?"
Although when it happens it has to be more catty. More trashy language then that epi...

yes it was "and then there were none"...yeah a real fight would be great...where they shout at each other and show their claws!
cath: "If I start eating, I will shut up."

That was actually a cute conversation IMO. :D

Anyways I don't think there is going to be any fight when they work together, at least not over Gil. LOL. Both women are too grown-up and too mature to do that at work and I think Sara will try her best to stay calm since what happened in Nesting Dolls. But that's just me.

I dont think it will be a full cat fight but I can see them taking digs at each other. Cath coming out on of course. Im hoping that something is said between them about it even something a straight forrward as one of them asking the other if they have heard from Gil!

If we are talking Catherine and Sara and how they each know Grissom, It's a little different for each woman.
Sara has a different view of Grissom than Catherine does

Cath and Gris have known each other longer, know more about each other etc... Sara and Gris are 'just starting out' in the relationship so they have a long way to go.. But that's JMO

and Cath does know him in a way that is different than Lady Heather, someone mentioned her earlier too
Cath and Gris knew each other for years
Gris and Lady Heather well, she pegged him right from the first time she met him, and he didn't like that

Cath and Gris's relationship grew over years and years

again JMO :D

i don't really think there will be a fight either...but i think catherine will ask sara some questions because of her insight into human nature she could already have a hunch about GSR

I LOVE And The There Were None. Particularly the bit where Catherine takes Gil's hand and pulls him up towards her. Sets my little shipper heart aflutter.

And hhunter - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks Drumchik :D

and no fight just maybe some mean looks or glances or even a .."oh never mind" or "I thought you knew" sort of thing between them

Cath and Sara fighting is never a good thing IMO

With Gil gone now and if Cath & Sara would be working together, I'd like to see the girls go out for a beer again. Maybe they can discuss how Gil still needs to "get his head out of the microscope". You know Catherine wouldn't tell any of Gil's secrets, but I think she'd encourage Sara to talk to her about Gil.

Speaking of TTWN - SpikeTV is just now showing the first Tammy Felton episode, Face Lift. Gil & Cath had an appointment with their shrink. Right now, Gil's just screwed up letting the parents see Tammy. Oops! It's nice to see that Cath told him he screwed up in kind of a quiet manner and not going off in one of her verbal tirades.

^ That's a great idea, kay. I've always liked it when the girls get along. But I don't think Sara would really understand why Catherine thinks Gil needs to get his head out of the microscope because to me, she's a female version of Gil. LOL.

Woohoo it's Heather's birthday! I hope you had a great day. Happy Birthday. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back