Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

*pops in*

Omg! Am I glad I voted for Mystery, totally lovin the title! coolc your're a genius :D I missed the welcome party though *pouts*

*waves* Welcome to all new/old posters, our ship is getting more crowded, even though GC is obviously being suppressed, that says something about our ship doesn't it? ;)

Somehow this line got me thinking...something along the line of gil poking cath :devil:

I should stop, don't wanna get banned when I finally find some time to show up :D

Just want to say thanks for all the great pics/banners and the great piece of news about billy's comment. I think he's had about enough, grissom needs a break and billy knows it *hint**hint*

Imo, grissom's not going to want to stay alone for long, there is a certain strawberry blonde that he cannot erase from his life :D Right now, he's just got the wrong sort of company :p

*pops out*

2. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Welcome to the thread PureJoySandleFan :) Have fun with us ! C/G rocks .

Hi Rebec ! I totally agree with your last sentence ! Catherine is the only person who'll make him return from his sabbaticcal, he'll miss her and she'll miss him :D

3. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Have you people listened to William Petersen's interview about his play, A Dublin Carol? You can find a link to the video here on the William Petersen Appreciation Page. Somewhere towards the latter half of the interview, he talks about the difference between his character in the play and Grissom: Grissom likes to be alone, he's an intellectual and a bit arrogant about that, a misanthrope, although that term still seems excessive to me. But used in the looser sense of not being enamoured of people, of preferring his own company to that of others', I'd agree.

And you know who understands that? Catherine. A couple of years back, there was an interview on British TV where Marg was asked about the relationship between Catherine and Grissom, and she said that theirs was "a marriage of the mind". He lets Catherine into his life because she knows not to demand that he give up his solitude for her.

I hope, with William Petersen having said again who this Grissom that he created is, that we'll see him revived again. After the sabbatical. And that he'd do all he can to recover the relationship he had with her. As well as bring back the team dynamics.

Of course, we won't see any of that till mid January at the very earliest. From now on, we have to bear up with episodes filmed before his departure... :mad:

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Wow, we're getting lots of people in here! That's the power of PureJoy. You can't fight natural chemistry.

And that buzzing and poking just keeps coming up in this thread, doesn't it? LOL

And Rebec, I see a birthday cake next to your name. That can only mean one thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I'm not much into CSI anymore *sighs* but my Friend Heather is in here and told me to drop a line and say Hi so *waves* Hi guys ,Yes I'm still alive and around (though i've changed all of my Messenger names so if you talked to me on those and couldnt get a hold of me thats why)

Oh PS as if it werent Painfully obvious I"m a MAJOR Sparrabeth shipper as well (that would be my current obsession shipwise)

6. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Happy birthday rebec! :D

I haven't greeted you guys on the new thread yet but let me just say that I'm loving the title!

That's very profound and true, I love it. She understands that he would need his space and is therefore able to co-exist in a relationship with him at the same time giving him as much space as he needed. She understands how he is and knows exactly how to deal with him. Like for instance, Grissom needs to be alone by himself, she's not the type who would get insecure at the mere mention of it. She'd accept it and would probably even encourage him because she knows it's what he needs. This two just makes perfect sense to me. :)

7. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Happy B-Day rebec!!!

Love what you said, cofi...You should pop in more often!

I think it's an important thing, in their reletionship. She can leave him alone, wheh he needs his speces. She just doesn't want anything from him, except for affection.
    She's not a little baby who needs a father figure. She's a woman who needs her MAN.

8. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Happy birthday, rebec! :D

And Dardeile, ITA with you. I'm a loner too, so I understand him. I like to be with my friends, but most of the time, I really enjoy my solitude. Cath is not a loner, but she understands him too. Being the strong woman she is, she doesn't need his reassurance that what she does is okay. She accepts him as he is, and he accepts her as she is. And that's the basis of a healthy and mature relationship! :)

9. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Thanks for all the happy birthdays, really appreciate it :D

I think everyone enjoys some lone time now and then, it's just that gil is the kind of person who needs it more. ITA that cath understands him, she knows that he needs space and that's why she doesn't stalk him :lol: The thing I love most is that she knows when she needs to barge in and bother him just like in Strip Strangler when she just went into his townhouse without knocking ;)

I love this line :D

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with everyone
    Happy Birthday rebec :D

I watched the interview
    Grissom is not lonely, he knows that
    he likes his space, I think we all do
    Catherine has a different life with Lindsey but we all know with kids you need your own space too

and that's how they understand each other, she respects his privacy and he hers, but I think in Weeping Willows at the end when he says He never goes out.. he was sort of asking her ... why not just stay at home, none of this would have happened, sort of thing
    that's just my opinion

btw--Welcome back SaraSidleStokes **waves**

11. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

happy birthday rebec!:D

this line simply got me... :D

just a random question...
    I have a friend who asks me why i ship GCR and not any other ship... what should i say to her to make her undestand GG and CW's relationship? :confused:

12. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

If anyone asked me that, I'd simply answer "Is there a reason why the sky's blue?"...but having to answer with some kind of sense...I'd also answer that it's all about the things they don't say.
    The realtionshio between them is not made of lines, but looks, touch...It's a story untold, but still undeniable. it's there, and you perceive it in many ways.
    And love is not about words, but facts.
    It doesn't matter who says "I love you" but who demonstrates it. And she has, in thousands ways!

13. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

I too ship GC only. I guess it's because I see a couple in them: besides the flirty moments and the silent communication of all kinds (by a glance, a touch, a wry smile or a playful, teasing smirk, or even a frown, a pleading look...), there are also, as Dardelle has mentioned, the way they demonstrate their caring for each other... and their respect for each other. They look out for one another, and protect one another. There is between them love, tenderness, affection, support, openness, acceptance (Gil loves bugs, Catherine probably doesn't share his love for them BUT she would still think of him when she encounters a rare specimen, and keep it for him - $35K O.B.O. for instance).

Plus, they have history. Their's is not about lust, about satisfying a need in his mid-life crisis. Their relationship runs very deep. And when all the sound and fury of whatever turmoil Grissom is going through settles eventually, he will return to the one woman who truly understands and accepts him. Grissom has said before that he didn't want to be judged. Catherine does not judge him, and never tries to change him.

GC - and only GC - makes sense to me. :D

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I ship GC because I have to. Really, I can't help myself. CSI just IS GC. It's there all the time, even if they aren't in the same scene.

It's just...right.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

IMO, GC is really the only ship that makes sense to me. I saw it from their very first scene together. The scene in the breakroom where she insists on taking Holly's case. You see right away how one always knows what the other is thinking and how to push the right buttons. Then the meeting outside the morgue as he's there to give her support. There aren't many people I know with co-workers who have that kind of connection between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.