Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I always remember the first time I watched CSI. I thought that Grissom and Catherine were already married. LOL :lol:

2. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

I swear I did, too.
    That first scene catches your attention on the spot, it's hard to think of him with someone other then her!
    I see passion vs reason, in that scene. And that's the All-Time-Fight.
    And they're destined to be together.

3. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Happy Birthday for yesterday Rebec :D hope you had a great day.

I think thats why i became a G/C shipper, because as has been said before they have a connection, and a friendship that has gone back for years, that you only ever really find with married couples or at least those in relationships.

And she is the only one that he confides in, like with the whole thing about when his dad died, and she can read him perfectly, like when she realised his hearing was going.

Also, they just seem to fit, in all their scenes they bring a certain something to them, and they just look like they belong together :)

4. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Happy Birthday , Rebec :) Hope you had a wonderful day ;)

I agree with you all ; I only ship CG since season one too ! I can't imagine one of them with someone else, even if T_TB want to force me to believe in another ship ! And like a lot of viewers, I really thought they were together (maybe not married but together) . Before Cath becomes a supervisor, they didn't have a boss/subordonate relationship . The way Grissom acted with her and the others members of the team was totally different .
    I think they still have this particular relationship and even if they hardly are in the same room now :rolleyes: I'm sure that their chemistry will never disappear !!!

5. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Oh mj that's the first time I bumped into that kind of question.. cuz most people ask me the easiest question...
    Yeah thats the question most people ask me.. are Gil and Cath a couple/married on the show? And I answer "Yep, they are!" :lol:
    Anne, I love this btw : [​IMG]
    mwahaha!
    To answer your question: because their relationship is closest to real life relationships, specifically the healthy normal mature ones. And they have this unwritten chemistry, the writers never intended for them to be a lovey dovey on the show but their chemistry just oozes onscreen.

And here is what David Rambo promised to one viewer a week ago.. "You'll see them working side by side again this season. -David Rambo" [them=Grissom and Catherine] Ooook its been what nine episodes so far and good for him for acknowledging that we don't see much of Gil and Cath together.. but so far with the spoilers and such I really smell a noise barrage coming to CBS soon lol.

rebec and Gravy Happy birthday to you two!

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree Hottie, they aren't 'lovey dovey'
    their relationship isn't supposed to be that way
    they have a connection, it's indescribable :D
    Friends, lovers, both...?
    they have different personalities and different interests which does make them like a normal healthy couple
    they don't depend on each other to become whole

7. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Well it's only the 3rd over here so it's not my birthday yet, but thanks Hottie. :D And rebec, happy belated. ;)

A marriage of the minds? Wow. Love that phrase to describe GC. I mean...I don't think a marriage of just...bodies can last long without a marriage of the minds as well. Sometimes the bodies can do a lot for some of us :devil: but the minds part is more important and that's why I ship GC. Without it, CSI just isn't what it is. The two main actors' characters are best friends, known each other for 20 odd years...I mean...it only makes sense! I cant' stress that enough. I was watching My Best Friend's Wedding and I was like..OMFG GC.

I hope Grissom is revived as you said ren...but I can only be optimistic to a point. :p

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Heehee. I love the commonality in all of us that we all seem to see the same things in GC. It proves that no matter what TPTB do, they can't erase that connection that's just THERE.

It's great that no matter what happens on the show, even if they're not in the same scene, you still sense that connection.

9. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

The thing that gets me about GC is that they COULD be a married couple. They have ups and downs. They argue and make up. Remember at the end of Early Rollout? Catherine wanted to make sure they were good. They make sure to take care of each other in bad times, like at the end of Inside the Box. They keep each other in check, even if that means an argument is to follow. They know what the other needs and when. The stamp scene. They respect each other. They are equals. That's why it works. There's no dominant or submissive in the relationship. They are both on equal status (but Cath can still get Gil to do her bidding :devil: ;))

The point is, their relationship could be real and that's what really draws me to them

10. GraveyardIntern

I think their marriage is real, in a sense that it exists, but T_TB just aren't playing it out enough. I mean...they can practically read each other's thoughts by now and they work off each other, if you know what I mean. If Grissom has an idea, she has the other side of it that just completes it, and I don't think that happens with any other two characters on the show. It's got a natural flow, and again, I have to say the phrase "marriage of the minds" really does ring a bell for me.

Off-scene connections? Anne, I know precisely what you mean.

11. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

hey guys, my apologies but i've been copying wp and doing a show (which all of you should come see!!!!)

but i totally agree the reason i ship gc is because they are more like a real couple than any other pairing on the show. the chemistry is there, unwritten but visible no matter what. right now one of them is having his midlife crisis (but i won't name names, lol) and he will get his butt chewed for it eventually..

12. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Hey WB coolc!!! so how's the wedding plan going? :D

found this on BTA:
    from the 7x10 Loco Motives promo clip
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    expect another uhm 10 maybe 20 second scene on Thursday :lol:
    but look at that!!! Finally the burned-out Grissom smiles!!! :) And he's with Cath.

13. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

YES!
    Those are dummies or are they just ppl who DIE to see Gil and Cath together?

14. GraveyardIntern

I actually think that's me that's stuck in the cement there. :lol:

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Okay, I love the fact that the first time we see Gil smile, he's with Catherine ;)

And Happy Birthday Gravy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.