Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tu

Terri Miller?

Can you explain that one?

I love this list by the way, it goes to show you how many other people have picked up on their relationship

hhunter said:
Terri Miller?

Can you explain that one?

I love this list by the way, it goes to show you how many other people have picked up on their relationship

Sure can.

Someone earler mentioned that Teri Miller told Grissom that blondes were his type. Or something to that effect.

And as a side note, I love Gil's dopey look when he's with Cath in the hallway. Or with "foxy" ;)

That "dopey look" - LOL! And what was up with that "Foxy" sticker? Was that a gag by the crew to see if anyone would notice or was it Marg's idea? It would be interesting to find out. How are you not going to notice when her lab coat is held together by a clothes pin with a tag on it instead of a button?

You know, there's no one other than Catherine that can actually get away with saying some of the things to Gil that she does.

- Pointing out to him his "dopey look"
- Tells him when he screwed up, like in face lift when he allows the parents to see Tammy
- encourages him to get his head up out of the microscope and do something to keep Sara from leaving the lab.
- points out to him that he doesn't have a personal life (PMJ)
- argues with him to be more politic (look what happened when he didn't listen)

If any of the others on the team did any of these things, he'd tell them to mind their own business or just ignore them. With Catherine, he always allows it, and there's always a reaction from him.

I agree Kaylyne. Catherine is the only one who can pick arguments with gil and he doesn't tell her to get lost. She even right a lot of the time.

I don't even mind when they argue because they always make up afterwards:
-PMJ they argue about telling the guy that his wife was cheating; later they call a truce
-Early Rollout they fight over Sam's cheque; later they make sure they're good with each other
-King Baby she get's in his face and loses evidence; later he tells her he missed her tush
Just a few examples.

My favourite arguement between the two is when Gil tries to get out of dodge, like in Nesting Dolls when he breaks the skull.

I just got done watching Formalities
and now they weren't arguing
but

Cath notices Gil talking to himself after processing the scene with Sofia

she asks 'is it working?'

and when Sofia give Gil back his tie and Cath reminds him she's on Ecklies team

I don't think it would have been the same if someone else had said that

I quite like their little tiffs. Just because they're usually so husband and wifey. And i like the fact they always make up, shows that they have a happy, healthy relationship.

And i also noticed that usually when Gil starts a little argument, its always because he's worried about Cath or her well - being in some way. Like about the cheque and Catherine wanting to get money from Sam in Grave Danger.

ITA heather none of those little scenes would have worked if it wasnt Cath saying them. They have a presence around each other which means they can just say anything :)

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I believe the foxy tag was a gag from the crew.

I think that the tiffs make their relationship more real and healthy. They're not happy all the time, they have their moments when they're mad at each other, just like any other couple.

I often wonder what CSI would have been like if Gil and Catherine had been married from the first episode. Watching the dynamics of a married couple trying not to bring their home life to work and vice versa would have been extremely interesting and added a whole new dimension to the show.

ITA Drumchik watching them act as a married couple would be interesting and how they would try not to 'bring work home' and since they do work directly together that might be hard
especially for Catherine who (like me) talks a lot :lol:

The newest season just arrived over here - Let me tell you, i was BEGGING for Catherine to phone Grissom when she woke up in that motel.

I couldn't believe he shaved! I liked his beard, he looked so good with it and now he went with the whole non beard look (Makes him look younger i guess -wonder how much of that was Sara).

i hope he and Catherine will wake up - so far no one knows about Grissom and Sara, which disappoints me because Catherin and Grissom are like best friend and i was kinda hoping it would wake Catherine up to having another fanstasy taken away. *Pouts* Bad directors.

spacegal I agree
Gris and Cath are best friends
and without the beard does make him look younger, but I like the beard
I wonder if ,at this point, Cath does know about him and Sara and since they are best friends.. she's not saying anything to anyone

they are like the 'old married couple' best friends/intimate lovers or both :D

kissmesweet said:
Love your avatar by the way rebec! :D
Thank you :)

spacegal said:
*Pouts* Bad directors.
:lol: How about disappointing writers? Lack of continuity, lack of team dynamics, deficiency of GC, loads of.....I want to blame the writers more :D

I really think that cath knows about the secret couple. I got that kind of feeling when watching the scene where sara walked in on a GC convo and also the one with the cath/nick convo in LLV. In the former she was observing them and I'm sure she saw, if not sensed something fishy. Then when she was saying that maybe gil got a girlfriend she was almost stating it like a fact. Anyway, it could be just me.

I will totally love to see them being a married couple right from the start. It'll be great to see how they make things work and since they're married, when they make up after an argument they can do more than just asking for a truce :devil:

----EDIT----
Anybody think that Hodges may also be a shipper? In LLV he wasn't going to let anyone interrupt his conversation with gil but when he saw that the person was cath he got out of the way automatically. I think he knew that the wife and the husband needed to talk ;)

and remember that Hodges stood by and heard the discussion/reprimand scene in Secrets & Flies. When Gil left and Cath turned he was right there. She snapped at him "What?". He wisely didn't say anything about what he saw and said her evidence was ready.

Also remember that Hodges came to Cath for relationship advice (so funny), so I guess maybe he would be a PureJoy shipper as well.

ITA people, Catherine can say to Gris what everyones thinking and he respects that, and doesn't tell her shes out of order or what not.

Spacegal, could not agree more. I was UBER shocked when she rang Sara, I mean, they aren't exactly 'tight' like Cath and Gil. I thought this was just wierd. When they were at the hospital looking at Lyndsey, I was like, 'as IF he didn't ask her if she was ok' for gods sake!!' The dynamics between C/G have changed somewhat, if I was a new viewer just watching S7, I would never guess they'd known each other for over 20 years. This was the only bad thing about last nights eps IMO. Boo hiss at the writers.

I think we should have a little pictoral effort to remember the good ol' days of G/C! I'll start!

Peak a boo!
Uh uh ummmm!
You take the baby today lol

Btw, I have an idea for the next thred name, when the time comes? Peanut Butter Lovers Just a suggestion. What you peoples think?

--Edit--
Hodges, definatly closet shipper! Good call!

I've only just watched the S7 openings and 19ams87 I so agree with you I really wanted Cath to ring Gil just because they usually have each others backs and I felt it would be more appropriate than Sara but maybe because Sara was a female she felt she had no choice.
I liked that when Cath did tell Gil she thought she had been raped but she wasn't he said "Thank God" at least it showed he still cared for her but i was hoping for a bit more maybe another hug or some form of contact to reassure her that he was there for her?

Though i'm sure back at home he made sure Cath and Lindsey were safe and well, his two butterflies to protect and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back