Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I think Lindsey knows that Sam was her grandfather
Cath probably had to tell her, and if she didn't before then as Drumchik pointed out after BTK 2 she knew then

Cath did tell Gil because he knew also. Remember he 'freaked' some when Sam gave Cath the check for $250,000 in Jackpot ( I think that's the episode right ladies?) and when she used the lab to know for sure that Sam was her father ( again I'm not sure of the episode) he said she compromised the lab. So Grissom knew

He did probably console Catherine on how to tell Lindsey when Cath found out for sure she was Sam's daugther

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

As Rebec said, it was hinted at in Swap Meet (during the only short but powerful scene that CG had together) that Lindsey did know Sam was her grandfather.
--)I'm unbelievable. I have a daughter who is so starved for my attention, she is thumbing rides to Fremont Street to see her grandfather. The last person I want her around. <--
So, I'm guessing Lindsey found out the truth just before that. I'm also guessing that after the events of BTK2, Lindsey had a lot more questions as to why somebody would want to kidnap her as well as kill her grandfather. There's no way that Catherine would have told her the whole truth, but being Lindsey is a teenager now, Cath would have had to tell her enough to have Lindsey believe her - such as Sam being a powerful man with a lot of money and people were jealous of that. Also, if you remember from Living legend, even Catherine didn't believe some of the things about Sam - like being part of the mob (from Greg's comment) and that he had been watching out for her even when she was a teenager (from Mickey's comments). As for his death impacting Lindsey - I'm guessing it had a huge impact. After Eddie died, Linds lost a male figure from her life. Then all of a sudden Sam comes into her life in much the same kind of role, only to be taken away again. Now, as it stands, she needs to find someone in that role again. (I know who we'd all like to have in that spot) The way it's going, she's going to be one screwed up kid in a few years (anyone else get visions of Ellie Brass?)

As for changing her name to "Grissom" - while that would be the ultimate solution - that's the name change that would cause the most problems and confusion, both personally & professionally. Even (from my wildest dreams) if the two got married, they would be discreet enough to not change her name until at least one of them didn't work at the lab anymore.

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tu

in most cases a woman keeps the last name of her ex after a divorce. it costs money to change your name so...

i do believe the divorce was finalized towards the end of s1 (remember gil saying "scared of you")

i think gil would encourage her to do what she wanted to do with her name. i don't think cath herself would go with braun for many many many reasons.

as for new years...they are still celebrating.

A lot of women I know keep their ex's last name after a divorce. I've actually never thought of Catherine changing her name to anything different (except Grissom, like everyone else here.)

About Lindsey, she knew Sam was her grandpa, or at least someone very close to that role. She's obviously not stupid and probably overheard Catherine talking to Gil or Lily about him (Kids often overhear things they shouldn't). Plus she probably knew something was up when Lily started dating Sam, and Catherine supporting that relationship. I would've expected Catherine to at least talk to Lindsey about Sam, especially when their relationship started to improve.

After BTK2, Lindsey would definately be distraught. Sam was as much of a father figure to her as Eddie was, regardless of whether or not she knew that Sam was her grandpa. Speaking of father figures... Gil seems to be one of the last father figures Lindsey has, and he's leaving. WoW. Poor kid.

I do like the idea of Gil coaching Catherine through raising her daughter. When he gives advice, she listens, like in Harvest when he suggested that Cath show Lindsey the dangers of the world. His first concern has always been for Lindsey. His first questionwas about her in the hospital after she was kidnapped in BTK2. He's as much Lindsey's father as Eddie ever was (or more so if you believe in the paternity test theory).

Question: How come there is never a mention about Eddie's family, even just a casual "Lindsey's at Eddie's mom's" or something like that? You'd think Eddie's family would want to know his only child.

Maybe Eddie's folks are deceased? That's always a possibility.

I know that his parents are alive and well in fanfic land. I've seen several stories that have used Lindsey spending time with them as a way to get G/C alone for some quality time.

I'm not sure about Eddie's family
they don't get mentioned at all do they especially after he died... HHHMM

and now that Lindsey is a teenager I'm sure Cath will consult Gil more on Sam, Lily and all the rest of the family
and everything else that comes up in a teenagers life :D
Gil seems to be caring and somewhat objective when it comes to Lindsey like in Harvest as mentioned by 27days and he cares about her(probably in a way only a FATHER could ;) ) which as also mentioned earlier Lindsey needs now in her life

I hope that all made sense ;)

I like the idea of Grissom being a father figure for Lindsey. Obviously he has been partly involved in raising Lindsey, seeing as he and Catherine have been good friends for a long time. One question though: has there been an episode in which Grissom and Lindsey actually interacted? I can't remember seeing such a thing.

As for Eddie's family... I don't know. I agree with Bev; it's possible his parents are dead. But I don't think it's that weird if Lindsey isn't at Eddie's parent's. I mean, she's old enough to be home alone and I remember when I was her age I had better things to do than visit my grandparents.

Regarding Eddie's parents: one possibility is that they don't live nearby, so she doesn't see them very much. According to the bio in the Companion (yeah, yeah, I know how inaccurate that is!!) it says that Cath met Eddie in Seattle. It could be that his family is still there and only visit once a year, or maybe they disowned Eddie a long time ago and had nothing to do with him or his family - remember that Cath was a stripper & drug addict, so they might not have approved of her either.
As for Gil, we know he's been a part of Lindsey's life from the beginning. We know Lindsey told him the "spider" joke when she was three, and Gil remembers it fondly enough to put Henry the lab tech in his place when he tried to get him with that joke.

That's a good point about Eddie's parents. I wonder, now that Catherine has inherited some money (at least on the face of things, we know it's actually tied up), Eddie's parents might make an appearance. Although, considering it's been four seasons since Eddie's death, I doubt it.

I agree that Gil has been a father figure for Lindsey, and he's also been like a husband to Catherine in the way that she can discuss Lindsey's problems with him and ask for advice. Rather telling that, isn't it?

On another point - how do you think Catherine will help Gil relax on his sabbatical?

I see them having long conversations over the phone: she updating him about the lab and he telling her about his teaching job, both of them just enjoying listening to each other's voices. He'll tell her something funny and she'll giggle a little, that alone will put a smirk on his face ( Happenstance )

Then of course there'll be phone sex eventually :devil:

Heya all I missed a lot of posts lol.. but CBS just uploaded this sneak peek of the episode Leaving Las Vegas on youtube:
Is Grissom Leaving CSI? *Possible Spoilers*
Well it is a Grissom and Warrick scene but I love that Cath and her welfare was the only thing on Gil's mind before he'll leave.

Drumchik said:
On another point - how do you think Catherine will help Gil relax on his sabbatical?
I have a different idea than Mercedes'. *gulps* I'd like to imagine Cath and Gil on the phone, too, but doing other things. *puts halo above her head* :devil:

And thanks for the update, Rissa. I'm glad that it's Catherine that Gil's thinking about before he leaves. :)

*still reading the previous posts*
Whaaa? Did I read something about phone and p0rn? lol. :D
And yeah Im glad that Grissom was thinking about Cath and asked nothing else from Warrick.

Thanks for that link Rissa :D Awww yeay, Gil's thinking about Catherine before he goes, sounds like old Gil's coming back before he's even left :) And it kind of implies that Grissom does tell her that he's leaving because he wouldn't ask Warrick to be there for her without having spoken to her first :)

I see them having long conversations over the phone: she updating him about the lab and he telling her about his teaching job, both of them just enjoying listening to each other's voices. He'll tell her something funny and she'll giggle a little, that alone will put a smirk on his face ( Happenstance )

Then of course there'll be phone sex eventually :devil:
:lol: yeah, i think thats what theyd do too. But I'd like to think that Gil would make weekend trips down to LV to see Cath too.

Hottie_Cath said:
Whaaa? Did I read something about phone and p0rn? lol. :D
Did somebody mention p0rn? Where? Where?

*polishes the halo above her head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back