Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tu

1. Some say not, because of the appearance of her rosary beads. Some say yes. I don't think it's definitely been said either way.

2. Yes.

Mariel, I believe the thread title stems from Doc Robbins comment to Catherine that she fell asleep in Grissom's tub ;)

And I like everyone's ideas for the celebration of New Years between G and C so far :) Keep them coming :D

I dunno. My guess is that the lab had a party (or maybe I've just been reading too much fanfic on that type of stuff. I wrote about one, so I might just be wrong) and of course Gil and Cath were all lovey-dovey.

Probably a couple drinks either at his place or her place and a "friendly" conversation should have taken place. :D :devil: I think that's as far as I'm allowed to go on this board.

*dusts off her posting button*

hey everyone! hope you all have had a great christmas and a happy new years.

we changed the thread to gilbert & cathy? awes.

and about cath's maiden name, i don't think we can assume it is her name. lily could have remarried at anytime after divorcing cath's father (well the man her mother slept with that wasn't her father).

Welcome back coolcatz ! :D

It'd be nice to know cath's maiden name. There's something that I don't really understand, why is cath still using Eddie's last name when they are already divorced?

My theory on how gil and cath spent their New Year's Eve: A nice dinner followed by a nice workout :devil:

Welcome back C :)

And yes, that's a good point. We shouldn't just assume about Catherine's middle name.

Maybe she kept it because of Lindsey?

And great suggestions for the New Years Eve G and C ;)

I think that she's kept the Willows name partly because of Lindsey, partly because she's only been divorced/widowed (were they officially divorced before Eddie died? I know she filed the papers, but was it official?) for a short time, and I'm guessing also because she's fairly well known by the name "Willows" by quite a lot of people - both personally and professionally. Many women only change their names back if their ex-spouse requests it, or if they've remarried.

I think Cathy & Gilbert's new year's eve would have consisted of a quiet night at home with a nice meal, bottle of wine, sitting by the pool watching the stars (we all know how fascinated Gil is with the stars), along with a slow dance at midnight, followed by a nice little (to quote Rebec) "Workout"! That's assuming that they weren't working at a crime scene. Then I'm guessing a little "happy new year" kiss at midnight, inbetween dusting for prints.

Drumchik said:
Maybe she kept it because of Lindsey?
I thought so too, just wondered if there are any other theories :)

So if I'm not wrong there hasn't been any new episodes recently? Leaving LV will be aired this month when?

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but I saw a promo of the epi and it does seem like gil is going to tell sara, but it's not confirmed because I didn't really see shared scene between them.
Any new spoilers? *bats eyelashes*

I know I've not been in here much but where is everybody? :lol:

--------EDIT--------
kay, love the scenario that you've created :D although if they were to steal a kiss between work someone might be lurking in the darking and watching them... :lol:

OK, another thought:
If Cath would change her name from Willows, would she actually change it to Braun? We know after Catherine confronted Sam with her knowledge of the DNA results, Sam wasn't shy about letting people know that she was his daughter. Now with Sam dead, and Cath feeling guilty about the way things ended, would she honor him by making that change? I can't see her going back to her mother's name now that she has the proof of her father.

And to keep this also on the CG topic:
We know Gil seemed more friendly towards Sam at the end, would he encourage Catherine to make that change? Or would he encourage her against it - realising that the Braun name would bring unwanted "mob" connections, and more blackmailing schemes.

kaylyne, didn't you and I have this same converastion? :lol:

I think Cath kept Willows because of Eddie and Lindsey and because as someone said before, she kept her married name for professional reasons and because Eddie didn't seem to care that she kept it. Or that's the idea I got.

And Flynn is her MOTHER'S name not nessicarily her name at birth. Cath's mother could have been married to someone other than Sam before Cath was born :eek:

but why would Cath change her name? To honor Sam...yes but as you say kaylyne, would that result in blackmail, death threats, all that... hasn't Cath and Lindsey been through enough? Again my opinion?

and by the way.. I might be in the minority here but I don't like Cathy for her, somehow it doesn't suit her
again my opinion

^^That's a good point, never thought of her changing her last name to Braun. But I doubt she will, for the reasons stated above and I think it may also cause inconvenience in her job if more people know about her relation to sam, like maybe there will be more cases that she will be kept away from due to possible biasness on her side.

As for gil, I think if he is encouraging cath to change her last name he'll ask her to change it to grissom :D

Oh I agree, rebec. If Gil is going to encourage her to change the last name to anything, it will definitely be Grissom :)

Although she might want to honor Sam, I think Catherine still feels a little upset about so much that went wrong in that relationship. Yes, I think she'd be hesitant because of the connections with the name Braun and the possibility for death threats etc, but I think also she'd be hesitant because of their past history. Sam wasn't surprised when Catherine told him she was his daughter - that had to hurt Catherine a lot.

If you look at the options apart from Willows (and Grissom) she either has Braun, or she has her mother's name, which may either be connected to a person who wasn't her real father, someone she may not have fond memories of, or it may indeed be her mother's maiden name and she doesn't want to revert back to that.

But here's an interesting thought - what does Lindsey think of her Braun heritage? Is she fully aware of the situation? (I think after Built to Kill Part 2, she'd have to be). Does she understand that Sam Braun was her mother's real father, and does she know about Sam's past? Did she spend time with him before he died, and how did his death impact on her?

It's kind of sad for lindsey really, she lost her father then her grandfather (I think she knew about sam because she tried to hitch a ride to go see him in S5...or did I remember wrongly again? :confused:) and now she doesn't get to see much of uncle gil anymore because...well we all know why ;)

Not sure if cath will discuss the whole complication of her relationship with sam and the heritage, IMO mothers don't usually talk about such problems with their teenage daugthers because they don't want to put too much burden on their kids.

Anyways, before my post has to be moved to the cath thread, I'll just say that maybe cath had discussed these problems with gil (in private, over a nice breakfast :D), she does seek his opinions even though she is well aware that they do not always think in the same way.

I like the idea of Catherine changing her name to Grissom, it has a nice ring to it. But i dont think she'd change it to Braun either because of the work implications or because of who she may be associated with because of it. And i think Gil would discourage it too.

If not Grissom, I think Gil would tell her to keep her name the same, just because thats how he's always known her :)

I think that Catherine would discuss Sam with Lindsey, because i think she would want to know about him, and if they didnt discuss the actual truth about him, then she would start to formulate the wrong idea about him. Or of course, she might go to her Uncle Gil and ask him :)

she does seek his opinions even though she is well aware that they do not always think in the same way.
Thats what I like about their relationship, they can ask each other things and know they'll get an honest response, even if its not what they want to hear :)

If not Grissom, I think Gil would tell her to keep her name the same, just because thats how he's always known her
Absolutely. :) He loves her because of everything she is and appreciates her no matter what. He doesn't want her to change her name or anything. He loves her for who she is. :D

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

Hi, everyone, and a belated Happy New Year to all!

As for Anne's question:
Did she spend time with him before he died, and how did his death impact on her?
In Spellbound, Catherine told Gil that she, Lindsey, Lily and Sam were off to Disneyland and it was a road trip so we can be sure Lindsey did spend extended time with Sam before his death.

And I loved the fact that Gil ended that conversation with, "Say hi to Sam", followed by Catherine's "Will do." What struck me was how natural it all was, like it was something Gil would often say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back