Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't figure that one out, but now I remember. That was the one where Cath and Sara had to go way out in the middle of nowhere and Cath was complaining about being able to pick her cases because of seniority and stuff. I love how Gil knew exactly what she was coming to him for.

ah, i-15 murders. they did the bop-tush in this ep. the desert was hot and they looked hot in it.

yeah, hottie, good luck is their "i love you." i miss that.

catgrissom fan, i do believe you need to post a quote.

and while we are at it...

nice poll :) I chose all of them, cuz right now, all of them describe him. If it was the way it used to be, I would've only chosen 2 of the 5 ... try and guess which 2? :D

So, wait, are we still talking about "Unfriendly Skies"? Or are we on "I-15 Murders"?

Eh, I'll give my thoughts on both.

Unfriendly Skies. Memorable episode, not only because of the PureJoy, but the case as well. It really kept me guessing. I love the 'You're the people person' scene. And then Catherine goes on to be ... not very peronable. And she gave Gil her Fritos. That's love. LOL. And the last scene, where they're all giving their opinions on what happened. I don't really know who I agree with or not, but I think all of them made valid points.

I-15 Murders. I could probably write an essay about this one, but most of it wouldn't be about Gil/Cath (I'm a Sara/Warrick shipper too). But, I did love them in this episode. It shows how well they work together, and also how well they know each other. I think my favorite scene is

Cath: We're going to Moapa.
Gil: What's in Moapa?
Cath: Besides the I-15?

And of course Bop!Tush. <3 And 'I've got something you'll wanna see.'

And I know it's not PureJoy, but this moment is great

Sara: You weren't in your office.
Gil: And good morning to you too Miss Sidle.

:D :lol:

Brass rocks in this one too. Especially when he calls the female truck driver 'Bubba.' That never fails to make me laugh :lol:

CGF you got the right answer and yeah, it's your turn to post a quote ;) What flavour do you want for your pretsels?

I guess this time when Erica's not around we'll just have pretsels :D

For the poll I chose boob man, midlife crisis and sabbatical. I always saw eddie as lindsey’s biological father, but gil will obviously make a good father and a good husband, they should get married already!

1-15 Murders is one of my favourites, not just because it's a GC epi but also because the case was also an interesting one. I thought it was rather ingenious of gil to shuffle the doors into a certain order, but he's the brain in the lab so I guess it's not at all surprising :lol: I bet the other CSIs would have come up with the idea also, they're trained to solve puzzles. But I never caught the reason why the man killed all those women, I only remembered the woman said that she was forced to help in transporting the bodies.

This epi also gave us gil/brass moments like at the crime scene where gil tasted the sauce (forgot wad it was) that he got off the trolley, brass's expression was hilarious :lol: I miss those.

Someone mentioned before that it was cute that GC had to squeeze into the truck when only one of them needed to go in to look for the bodies. Again, what personal space? :D But that scene again showed how well they work together, just some brief eye contacts and they know what's on each other's minds. I never thought two people standing in a truck ploughing through frozen meat could look so hot :D

littlesara I love the scenes that you've mentioned especially the one where cath told gil that she had something that he'd like to see, that line always got my mind off track :D

^they didn't have to both go in the truck. they were just both in desperate need of a bop-tushing moment.

ok, does anyone remember why the guy was killing all the women?

and what about the scene with brass interrograting the rather butch truck driver?

Oh yeah, that scene was funny :lol: I liked cath's witty response

FEMALE TRUCKER: So, did I win something?

CATHERINE: The right to keep on trucking.

She really does get the best one-liners :lol: Brass's bubba comment cracked me up also. I was kind of surprised that gil would say suggest that they look for a male trucker because past statistics showed that most serial killers were male. I just thought he'd hold his opinion until they had evidence indicating that the killer was a male, but why were they looking for a female trucker in the first place? :confused:

I was browsing through the transcripts for this epi and I came across this line

CATHERINE: I'll flip you to see who drives.

It made me sink even deeper then where I am now :lol: :D

^i foresee an entry into a thread title poll with that one.

it's nice to know that they share responsibilities (like a real married couple).

and gil's jumping to conclusions? for a man who wants someone who won't judge him he's rather hypocritical. this example, the model with the enemas...blah blah blah

rebec said:
I was kind of surprised that gil would say suggest that they look for a male trucker because past statistics showed that most serial killers were male. I just thought he'd hold his opinion until they had evidence indicating that the killer was a male, but why were they looking for a female trucker in the first place? :confused:

I believe they were looking for a female because the writing analysis dude said that the person who wrote the messages was most likely a woman. Something about the handwriting being round and cursive.

DR. RAMBAR: Yes. Overall, the handwriting is cursive and round. This tells me it was written by a woman.

That's why they were looking for a woman :D

Erica I love IKYBH. For more reasons than others can guess ;) And geez, in that first cap of GC you posted, if you don't blow it up, it looks like Catherine's hand is on Gil's shoulder. I will now be Happy Anne for the rest of the day :)

I like mo qi. I think we'll add it to the dictionary.

I know we'll never get one, but I'd like an explanation as to how Gil found out about Eddie having an affair. Because let's face it - it's hard to think of a situation where Gil and Eddie would be together. It's the same as that weird thing that Gil and Eddie were friends before Catherine. They have NOTHING in common!

Well, okay, they both think that Cath is hot, but...who doesn't?

I'm very late, but Happy Birthday Fra!

As for Gil's reply in Unfriendly Skies, I wrote a fic called Reverse about that. It would have been interesting for Catherine to fire back at him - what if I had been on that plane? Or Lindsey? Or your mother?

*goes to read I-15 Murders comments

Holy Jeez. Lots of posting today.

Erica, love your caps. Thanks so much. That's my absolute favourite scene of Part II (but there weren't that many scene so them so it was easy to choose :p). :lol: I wasn't trying to push you or anything. Just making an observation here and there.

I'm late too, and I totally forgot but Happy Birthday Fra as well! :lol:

Um...episode discussions? I would love to rant on about nothing but I have to go to bed and do my teenage duties. :lol: Night night.

Lizzy_004 said:
Erica, I watched the Strip Strangler Sunday like you suggested, and it really was a good PureJoy ep! I loved the little part in the scene in his office. The part where Gil and Cath both hang forward over his desk.. I have a strong feeling there has to be a manip from one of you guys of that scene! :D Am I right? Anyway, the whole episode was good. Casewise and characterwise. Any other eps I should definitely watch?
LOL Lizzy I'm glad you took my suggestion. Great episode, isn't it? I have no idea where there's a manip from the scene you mentioned, but I know someone had made an icon using it and of course you know the distince between Cath and Gil on the icon was much closer than in the actual cap. :D

Mmmm other suggestions? If you're still on season one, I'd suggest Too Tough to Die. Cath and Gil don't work on the same case in thie episode. However, you get to see how much Gil cares for Cath. He knows about the second mortgage and tells Cath that she needs to devorce Eddie as soon as possible. When Eddie pins Cath up on the glass wall in the breakroom, Gil comes to her rescue. It's also in this episode that we know Cath used to do cocaine. Apart from the PureJoy, I also think the case Sara works in this episode is a very good one. :)

coolc that poll was funny LMAO. Can you guess what options I voted for? :D And yeah, absolutely love the Bop-Tush in I-15 Murders. I'm with rebec...what personal space? :D Oh littlesara I love the good-morning quote. Thanks a lot for that.

Gravy, per your request, the caps are finally up now. LOL. There were too many Catherine caps to pick and I really didn't want to delete any of them so I made an extra zip file for them. LMAO.

coolc you forgot to cap those pics that E posted.

LMFAO @ the poll! :D I chose all because Im not thinking straight at the moment.

going thru a midlife crisis- thats the writers explanation of his weird ways at the moment
lindsey's da...*cough* uncle- they're close and he's her da... uncle. even if he's not in his right mind this season he still asked about Lindsey.
a boob man- he's always ogling and he loves breasts. And d'oh Billy wants Dolly Parton to appear on CSI.
a boob himself- well are we talking about season 6 to 7 Gil? Because yeah TMTB converted him to a dolt and that's sad.
in dire need of a sabbatical- i don't want him to leave the show or to be MIA in even one episode but for some reason I clicked on the option..cuz im also a boob myself, lol. And oh TMTB needs the sabbatical.

As for Gil's reply in Unfriendly Skies, I wrote a fic called Reverse about that. It would have been interesting for Catherine to fire back at him - what if I had been on that plane? Or Lindsey? Or your mother?
And Anne I love that in your fic Gil said he will do anything to rescue Lindsey and Catherine. I really think that if it happened on the show, Gil will save them.

gcgcgcgc...Edit...gcgcgcgc
Heya gals if you're watching Grey's or whatever you might want to switch to CSI from time to time because there's probably some Gil Cath in Toe Tags *spoiler*

Thanks Rissa, I think coolc is going to continue boycotting CSI, though. :lol: Hahaha littlesara I thought you were a Sandle shipper since you used that avvie. It's cute. Heh. Licks are always fun!

rebec said:
CATHERINE: I'll flip you to see who drives.
OMG rebec, thanks for getting us that quote. I'd forgotten about that! I'm totally in love with it. A perfect line for our ship. :devil: Now, Cath does always get the best one-liners, doesn't she? :lol:

Season one case list here, and the next case we're going to discuss is Boom. Catherine and Gil investigate an explosion in this episode, later Catherine volunteered to help with Nick's case. Any thoughts?

^^Glad you like the quote :D coolc I'd love to see that in a thread title :D

littlesara thanks for the explanation, I remember the scene now, the woman was the one who wrote those messages on the door.

Hottie thanks for those spoiler pics! Yay, we may have GC after all! I wonder if they're having it to save the CSI/Ghost Whisperer/Buffy episode? :D

I don't have much to say about Boom because I don't quite remember the case, I guess it didn't interest me that much. I've been reading transcripts to refresh my memory and I found out that in this epi we have this scene:

GRISSOM: When you're a suspect and you're innocent, keep your mouth shut. I'll talk to Ecklie.

CATHERINE: Bad idea. You and Ecklie ... oil and water. Just let me get into it.

Cath looking out for gil.......again :lol: And we see cath and gil worrying for nick again, looking back at this epi brings back memories of GD :)

Hey everyone!
wave2smiley.gif

Hottie Amen indeed! My television is still steaming. :lol: :lol: Thanks for posting the link to Gil's time line. :D

About the poll, I chose mid-life crisis. He's just not himself . . . damn I need to get over the beard. :(
Seriously, TMTB need the sabbatical. :mad: Gives us the old writers back.

About the pics, Erica whoooa . . . I had to take a second look. :rolleyes: Forgive me, I haven't seen the first 2 eps.
Hmmm Gil's new look?
Bigthink2.gif

--------------
master.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back