Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

^ Hehe that was definitely an interesting scene. My take on that one is both Gil and Doc knew Cath wasn't a natural blonde and Cath felt embarrassed. I remember she snapped at them and said something like "why are you looking at me". She seemed pretty annoyed. LOL.

EDIT: kay, Alter Boys. :D

EricaSJ said:
^ Hehe that was definitely an interesting scene. My take on that one is both Gil and Doc knew Cath wasn't a natural blonde and Cath felt embarrassed. I remember she snapped at them and said something like "why are you look at me". She seemed pretty annoyed. LOL.

EDIT: kay, Alter Boys. :D

I SO agree with that, Erica. Gil's like... "Well...I know she's not naturally blonde...what's Doc on about?"

I had to post here hopefully before the power goes out again ( I love and hate our weather here) anyway
you mentioned Early Rollout
she met the owner of The Acid Drop, Chirs someone on that case and like kaylyne pointed out when she sat on his desk saying "I have a new relationship" and he says "congratulations" you know he's going.... "why are you going out with him?" or his thoughts were 'he's no good for you.'
He was watching out for her

and Stalker, is that the one where he has the migrain the fisrt time and we see his townhouse? She is the only one that comes in... and with his hearing loss, she is the only one who...
a. figures it out (despite the 'love of his life' having no clue) :confused:
b. saw him at the hospital and gave him a hug
again where was the supposed 'love of his life'?....OH.. it was Catherine
weather she truely is 'the love of his life' or truely his best friend she seemed to be there for him at very crucial moments in his life.

hhunter said:
I had to post here hopefully before the power goes out again ( I love and hate our weather here) anyway
you mentioned Early Rollout
she met the owner of The Acid Drop, Chirs someone on that case and like kaylyne pointed out when she sat on his desk saying "I have a new relationship" and he says "congratulations" you know he's going.... "why are you going out with him?" or his thoughts were 'he's no good for you.'
He was watching out for her

and Stalker, is that the one where he has the migrain the fisrt time and we see his townhouse? She is the only one that comes in... and with his hearing loss, she is the only one who...
a. figures it out (despite the 'love of his life' having no clue) :confused:
b. saw him at the hospital and gave him a hug
again where was the supposed 'love of his life'?....OH.. it was Catherine
weather she truely is 'the love of his life' or truely his best friend she seemed to be there for him at very crucial moments in his life.

You're right. She's always there at the crucial moments.

And I would have loved a scene with Gil finding out about what Chris did to Catherine. That would have been interesting. Particularly considering what happened later in Weeping Willows.

LOL that would be interesting. But somehow I think he knows. I don't know why, maybe just because they always share things. I think Gil probably doesn't know who Catherine was dating, but he knows what Chris did to her later. He always knows when she's upset. ;)

EricaSJ said:
LOL that would be interesting. But somehow I think he knows. I don't know why, maybe just because they always share things. I think Gil probably doesn't know who Catherine was dating, but he knows what Chris did to her later. He always knows when she's upset. ;)

Okay, well, if he knows, then I want a scene of him talking to her about it, helping her through the hurt. Take care of his girl ;)

^ Oh I bet a lot of C/G shippers want that, but you know how evil TPTB are. LOL. The more you want it, the more they piss you off. That's what I've learned through the years. :D

EricaSJ said:
^ Oh I bet a lot of C/G shippers want that, but you know how evil TPTB are. LOL. The more you want it, the more they piss you off. That's what I've learned through the years. :D

So does that mean if we say we really hate it, we'll get it?

*thinks evil thoughts* :devil:

I do realize that this keeps coming up, but especially with Happenstance, I realized that no one else has "made a bet" with Gil before. None of them have ever challenged him on his point and believed that they were right and he was wrong. Catherine was ready to challenge him, and fight for it, and I think that really says a lot about their comfort level. I don't think anyone's ever talked to him that way before. It's fantastic.

GraveyardIntern said:
I do realize that this keeps coming up, but especially with Happenstance, I realized that no one else has "made a bet" with Gil before. None of them have ever challenged him on his point and believed that they were right and he was wrong. Catherine was ready to challenge him, and fight for it, and I think that really says a lot about their comfort level. I don't think anyone's ever talked to him that way before. It's fantastic.

It certainly does seem that Catherine is the only one who is willing to really challenge him and take him to task over something when she thinks he's wrong.

I also love how she's not afraid to step in around the other team members too. Plus, I loved the scene in Friends and Lovers when Catherine told Nick "Grissom isn't always right"

^ Awwww. And Gravy claims to be a pessimist! :lol: You do have a point and I totally agree with you. I think the others see that as well, or they wouldn't ask Catherine to talk to Gil for them. IMO Gil has always favored Catherine in some way, but it's a kind of favor that people understand and accept. Just no one gets him like she does. ;)

EricaSJ said:
^ Awwww. And Gravy claims to be a pessimist! :lol: You do have a point and I totally agree with you. I think the others see that as well, or they wouldn't ask Catherine to talk to Gil for them. IMO Gil has always favored Catherine in some way, but it's a kind of favor that people understand and accept. Just no one gets him like she does. ;)

I LOVE when people ask Catherine to talk to Gil for them. The one that comes to mind is Sara asking Cath to talk to Gil about her overtime.

And "he listens to you"

GraveyardIntern said:
I do realize that this keeps coming up, but especially with Happenstance, I realized that no one else has "made a bet" with Gil before. None of them have ever challenged him on his point and believed that they were right and he was wrong.
Not totally. It wasn't a bet, but in Chaos Theory, as they're having the 'chaos theory' discussion, Nick "predicts" that he'll still be standing there a minute from now. A few moments later they're on their way back over to the crime scene. Gil smugly says "are you coming Nick?".

It wasn't a "bet", but still the same idea. In Happenstance, Cath is one to finally wager something with Gil. Gil was actually in enough of a jovial mood to take the bet literally and play along. This time, Gil wasn't the winner (thankfully).

kaylyne said:
GraveyardIntern said:
I do realize that this keeps coming up, but especially with Happenstance, I realized that no one else has "made a bet" with Gil before. None of them have ever challenged him on his point and believed that they were right and he was wrong.
Not totally. It wasn't a bet, but in Chaos Theory, as they're having the 'chaos theory' discussion, Nick "predicts" that he'll still be standing there a minute from now. A few moments later they're on their way back over to the crime scene. Gil smugly says "are you coming Nick?".

It wasn't a "bet", but still the same idea. In Happenstance, Cath is one to finally wager something with Gil. Gil was actually in enough of a jovial mood to take the bet literally and play along. This time, Gil wasn't the winner (thankfully).

I thought it was with Warrick that Nick was betting in it?

Then again, I was really glad to see Catherine win the bet ;) And sharing the dollar...by ripping it in half. LOL

Technically, Nick's "prediction" was just given in general to everyone in the room as they were theorizing. Gil is the one who called him on it in the end:
GRISSOM: A butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil we get a hurricane of the coast of Florida. Chaos theory.
NICK: Here we go.
GRISSOM: Random events; the wholesale rejection of linear thought.
WARRICK: Physics meets philosophy.
GRISSOM: If we apply it to Paige Rycoff and our case at this particular moment in time then we can say, "Life is unpredictable."
CATHERINE: No one can predict more than a few seconds into the future.
NICK: I predict I'll still be standing here one minute from now.
WARRICK: Where are we going with this?
GRISSOM: Paige was in her dorm room and then ended up in the dumpster. Somewhere between her dorm room and the dumpster is our answer. That's where we're going. Coming, Nick?

Like I said before, Cath is just the only one who's actually put it "on the line" with Gil. I also remember Catherine & Warrick's "dinner" bet, but I guess that's another subject. Then you've got Nick & Warrick's bets at the very beginning before Gil kind of put a stop to it somewhere in the first couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back