Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil &lt;3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

Hahhaa I know what you meant. I was just pulling everyone's leg...and my own. :lol: Just kidding. I didn't mean they were....no...no!. :lol:

LOL Gravy.

And moving right off that uncomfortable topic...

I posted the new part of Corrections and a new fic called The Big O. No links because...well, naughty.

As for the tub - I totally love the idea of Cath knowing all about Gil's tub :) That's perfect.

Wake up Erica! Cap time!

sorry to butt in, i read that jf didnt like wp when they first started filming and he didnt like her. thats why there is no chemistry. as for no questions being asked about g/c, maybe he would have looked too happy and that wouldn't have pleased tptb

liz19, I've never seen you around before, and I love what you've read. :lol: It's what I feel, so I definitely agree with you. I don't think WP liked JF as much as he liked Marg whom he likes...a lot. :lol: Welcome to the thread.

Where's Erica? We need caps.

Welcome to the thread, Liz19. As soon as someone finds it, we'll give you the welcome basket :)

*pokes Erica* Wake up.

hi and thanks i am a total grillows nut.
(young enough to care, old enough to know better)

:lol: these Marg/Billy Cath/Gil touchy-feely references are such a mine field for us precisely because Marg and Billy ARE good friends in real life, and Billy seems to be pretty touchy-feely when it comes to Marg, which to me just shows the degree of warmth in his feelings towards her (and Alan).

This was taken at the Jill Prescott cooking class for the cast in March of this year:
448b.jpg

There is another in this series showing the Petersens chatting across the table with the Rosenbergs.

liz19 said:
sorry to butt in, i read that jf didnt like wp when they first started filming and he didnt like her. thats why there is no chemistry.
No need to apologise, liz19. You're welcome to butt in all you like :D Yes, I think it was JF herself who said that. I think that's the problem - them not liking each other. I'm sure they are on better terms by now. But from my experience, there are fundamental things about each other that turn them off when their negative feelings are mutual. So it is hopeless to expect the degree of comfort and closeness that viewers instinctively sensed between Catherine and Gil -- before even eye contact was disallowed between the two.

Now, Billy and Marg? Billy was quoted somewhere as having been an admirer of Marg and was delighted that she'd signed on as the lead actress on CSI. And all those of us who've heard him on the sports channel radio interview know exactly how he finds Marg :devil: And his more PG-appropriate "We found chemistry right off the bat" is now famous. :rolleyes:

On another thought here: on the Sep 22, 2006 ET show, Marg mentioned how "melancholy" she felt about the team split. You know, it wasn't so much the team split: she was working a lot with Gary and George. I think it was the fact that she had so little opportunity to share scenes and therefore time with her friend Billy.

Then last year, when did we start getting the impression that Billy's heart wasn't quite in his acting?

I wonder if the both of them are feeling melancholy all over again when on the CSI set. :(

Well you can hardly blame them for feeling melancholy. They'd hardly get to spend any time together the way things are going.

And I love that picture, Ren. And I really love the one of the Petersens chatting with the Rosenbergs. It's just great :)

ren, I love your comments. I know I've said this before but...you just sum up everything I want to say about them. :lol: You're amazing. So are Billy and Marg. I was JUST thinking about that radio interview. He sounded very sensual :devil: if I may say so myself. :lol: I don't remember ever reading he didn't really like Jorja or anything, and if anyone finds it can I please see it? ;P

i love billy and marg's comments about each other. and i quite agree with ren about being able to see the friendship between the petersens and the rosenbergs. it's a great thing to have spouses who understand your job. and it's also a great thing to be able to work with actors you have a chemistry with because it just elevates every line, every moment you share when working.

coolcatz said:
i love billy and marg's comments about each other. and i quite agree with ren about being able to see the friendship between the petersens and the rosenbergs. it's a great thing to have spouses who understand your job. and it's also a great thing to be able to work with actors you have a chemistry with because it just elevates every line, every moment you share when working.

ITA C. Plus, it probably makes work a whole lot more fun!

Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

LOL hey guys. Erica had been busy working and is finally able to come back. :lol: I'm loving the discussion about NATURAL chemistry. Everyone's got a great perspective and that just makes me feel lucky that I got to know you guys. :D Welcome aboard liz19. Don't be sorry, we love to have you here and we hope to see more discussion contributed by you. ;) Now, where's our welcome basket? I can't find it. :lol:

coolc, that quote was from season four's After the Show. Nick and Sara aren't happy that Gil let Catherine take over the case and that convo happens after Nick and Sara leave the site where they have been searching for Julie's body.

I'm gonna do next cap...i've always liked the scene, it's old but...:D

normal_CAP395.jpg

Gil: Cath...That shirt leaves nothing to my imagination.
Cath: I know..That's why I'm wearing it.

On to the NATURAL chemistry. It's obvious that the cemistry comes from the actors first. And it's obvious that Billy and Marg are friends FIRST. With such a relationship between the actors, I think it's normal to say that there's gonna be chemistry between their characters too.
I didn't know about this thng Jorja said...But if it's true, "Now that the trees are gone, I can almost see the forest" :D

Is it just me? I can't see the pic you posted, Fra, :(

Actually, I don't think Billy and Marg had known each other before they met for the show, but just as Billy said, they clicked right away. I'm with ren, when you feel right with someone, you just feel right. There's just no reason for it. I think that's what it was between Billy and Marg. And I totally agree that chemistry between the actors is definitely needed if they want to have chemistry between their charters. The chemistry between Catherine and Gil comes from the chemistry between Marg and Billy. Even when they are in a rather angsty scene, you just cannot ignore it.

ETA: Okay. I'm seeing it now. :)

Good ;)

Anyway, I didn't mean that they knew each other before the show.
And the fact that they became so tight the first time they met is just incredible, and a GREAT sign of Chemistry, with capital C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back