Gil <3 Cath #23: PureJoy--It's Her Buttprint © on His Desk!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hottie_Cath, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Re: Gil <3 Cath #23: It's her Buttprint© on His Desk!

OH. O_O
    That leaves me speechless.
    Is Marg really not going to renew the contract?
    Ok, then that's it. There's an easy way to make both them and us satisfied.
    Grissom and Cath live happily ever after, but they have to leave Las Vegas.
    So we have our happy ending, and they are happy 'cuz they don't have to renovate the contract.
    That's SO easy. isn't it? And so, everybody would be just satisfied. :D

Hottie_Cath (oh that's so long..what's your name, befpre it drives me crazy?), my fav PureJoy ep is Formalities. I'm predictable, uh?
    Anyway, I just love the Bowtie scene as I already said. I worshio the bowtie, and if I didn't like my siggy I'd put THAT holy bowtie in it :D
    And the looks, the napkin...Everything in that ep screamed "We're so going to go on the PureJoy Driveway"...

Oh, well, pureJoy Driveway. That's something new even to me...:lol:

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well then, my dear, you're in the wrong thread. That's why there are "slash" threads!! :lol:

I guess I'll be tuning in only as long as Marg's around. As for Billy, right now I guess I could care less. As I said previously - I'm just really P.O.'d at the way they're emasculating his character. It's already come to the point where I'm only watching/caring about the Cath parts. Even most of the other characters are so unrecognizable, it's not funny any more. Where's Greg's humor? Where's Warrick (at all)? Where's the fun-loving banter between ANYONE on the show? (OK. Gil & Doc singing was a bit fun-lovin)

Enough of my rant. Sorry. Someone posted above about the "not enough" scene. I definitely think they were talking about a "take charge" attitude for Gil and thinking "hot & steamy/like it a little rough". Especially since noticing Gil's cute facial expression when he realizes Cath's meaning.

3. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Maybe we should have a Erica/Marg thread just for our smuthead slashie :D

Thanks for the info about Billy and Marg signing up until S8 :) Surprisingly, that didn't make me very happy like I though it would, I'm just glad...no special feelings. Maybe it's because there's no telling how it will turn out, another season is another chance for TMTB to make some changes for the better or continue with the weird thing they call CSI. IMO, to turn things around 180 degrees by S8 is not very possible, it may seem too sudden and may lack even more continuity.

But I'm really looking forward to see how they will let the heart and soul of the show leave together at the around the same time, it'll be very interesting :D

4. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Dardeile ! good choice for your fav epi . You're not the only one to love this epi . It was the real and great CSI :rolleyes: btw, you can call Hottie-Cath, Hottie (if you'd know how many times she asked me that) :lol:
    Rebec , where is your icon ??????
    And don't be so pessimistic, TMTP HAVE to do something about this new show called CSI ! the ratings are clear . GA won the two last weeks ; if they want a S8, they can't keep this way ;)

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Um yeah, thanks for that, kay. *rollseyes* rebec, I don't think the thread you mentioned is allowed on this board. LMAO. Thanks for considering, though. :lol: And Catherine, believe me, there is going to be a season 8 and quite possibily a season 9. Although CSI is behind Grey's right now, it's still one of the most watched shows. Mind you, there are like 200 prime time shows and you have to be REALLY popular to be top 20. Maybe Billy's and Marg's leaving is going to affect the ratings, but I don't see the show being cancelled anytime soon as long as the ratings are still relatively strong. Anyway, it's too soon to talk about this. Who knows what's going to happen in seasons 7 and 8?

Fra, great idea you got there. Too bad it seems we can only see that in fanfics. LOL.

However, Kissing Her Doesn't Require A Pay Raise. :)
    (Dang. We still have a tie there. LOL)

6. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Yeay so there will be a series 8 :D that means two whole years for TPTB to rectify themselves :) And i kinda think that Marg and Billy wont leave, especially if the ratings keep rising. But if they do have to leave it'd be nice if they both went together in a strange way, itd be kinda like an end of an era :( :) Id still watch if they left, because we'd still have Greggo, but maybe not as avidly as i do now. But anyway, thats way in the future, and alot can happen in 2 years :)

Yeay! ok next quote, quite easy, just cos i love Gil in this :):

7. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

King Baby? When Catherine comes into Gil's office to tell him her camera's memory card has gone missing and been replaced by a blank one?

*Finally caught up with the game you people have been playing!!! ;)*

8. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Hi everyone. Gravy's back in the house. :lol: Not that a lot of you probably noticed my absence :p I've been away at a little school and band retreat, so :p Missed CSI while I was at it and glad to see some spoilers.

Finally caught up with Part II, and it sounds like it was one hell of an episode. Anyone have spoilers for the next one?

9. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

the problem is that the newest crop of writers wanted to rewrite the characters to suite them, not how the characters had been established. and this is when inconsistancies in character histories started showing up and they've only gotten worse since then.

hottie, will teh good doc show up in the future? oh, i hope so. you know it's got to be weird for gil, he was supposed to turn the big 50 this year and actually got a few years younger while cath and sara have aged several years each since last season.

you know it's true... Kissing Her Doesn't Require A Pay Raise. :)
    (Dang. We still have a tie there. LOL)

[/QUOTE]

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Welcome back, Gravy. I did notice your absence, but I also remember you said you wouldn't be around. ;) So, how do you think about Built to Kill, Part Two? A lot of us liked it a lot (I personally loved it to death) for the Cath storyline, but a few of us felt numb about Gil. However, we all liked the sermon remark. How about you? ;)

The next episode is Toe Tags, the one where corpses talk to each other. I guess no one is talking about it right now because we don't really care? LOL.

BTW, have you voted for our new thread title yet?

11. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Um..I can't say anything about BTK because I haven't seen it. I've only heard about it from you guys, and from what I've been hearing, the episode itself sounds excellent. CSI's got its vibe. But Gil? It just doesn't make sense. If my friend had been in that situation, I would have been worried to death. On top of it, he's her best friend (which doesn't seem to mean anything for TMTB anymore), and something like that just wouldn't happen. (sigh) But enough of me ranting.

12. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Gravy , good to see you back! I thought you were getting less time allowance on the computer :lol:

You should rant more. Like coolc said, they are trying to rewrite the characters so in their minds, gil has never been cath's best friend, the way they interact now, they look more like normal colleagues, not even like partners who have been working a long time together.

Catherine, my icon is back ;) I'll try not to be pessimistic by not thinking so far into the future yet :D

ren, glad you caught up ;) now you'll have to post a new quote, eh....how about an easy one? *hint hint* I need to get that hotdog :D

13. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

ok, gil in this ep was not the gil we know and love. his response to catherine was, shall we say, less than emotional. i've seen bricks who show more emotion.

now, we finished our dictionary (and i'm glad so many people loved the idea) and we need something different. perhaps we could make a list of all the cases gil and cath worked together and discuss them one by one...anyone game?

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'm game, coolc. That sounds like a great idea and there are a heap of cases that Cath and Gil worked together. So it's gonna be fun. I'm afraid we'll need to wait for a bit, though. Since we're close to 1,000 posts, I figure maybe it's better that we start it in our new thread?

And bummer, I received a pm from 1CSIMfan telling me that because a few of our thread title suggestions don't fit the PG-13 meter, we can't use them for our new thread. So it's possible that we won't be using the title with the most votes for our new thread. Just thought I'd let you guys know. :)

And the poll is still going on. :)

15. rebec

rebec Police Officer

I'm game! So we're playing two games at once? Or may be after each correct answer given for the quote we go on to discuss the case in that epi? If the case isn't a GC case then we move on to other cases?

We have a tie for two titles, May I Take Your Hand? and Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Payraise. Are these two banned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.