Gil <3 Cath #23: PureJoy--It's Her Buttprint © on His Desk!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hottie_Cath, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #23: It's her Buttprint© on His Desk!

Voted! My faves? Kisses, looks and licks, ... and a couple more. Well, my avi proclaims my fave choices loud and clear, I should think :lol:

As for my fave GC episode in Season 1, I don't have one but several, and among them would be Strip Strangler and Pledging Mr Johnson. For all the reasons cited above. There's also Table Stakes, To Halve and to Hold, I-15 Murders, Anonymous, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Sigh. Thinking about them just makes me depressed with the way things are right now - Gil has morphed into this humourless bloke who's lost the essence of who Gil Grissom was. I am actually quite amazed, or rather, incredulous, that the show's writers have been allowed to de-gut its central character so totally. You'd think that the one character that would retain its initial imprint would be Grissom who, like it or not, defines CSI:LV. I can deal with character development that builds on what he is at the core. But here is a character who has just lost his very core!

And part of that core is his relationship with Catherine.

That Gil Grissom had best be restored quickly before he fades into a mere shadow on the show, having lost what is distinctive about him.

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree Ren. But it's not just with Gil either. All of the characters have changed dramatically over the Seasons, and most of them not for the good.

They have regained some of Catherine's teasing character which I'm glad for, but we hardly ever see Nick and Greg together and Greg's sense of fun isn't there as much. Sara's gone from being really good friends with Nick to being whiny, Warrick and Nick aren't all jokey with each other anymore and they seem to like to separate G and C so that their natural chemistry doesn't show through.

Also, the thing that really bugs me is that the camaraderie between the whole team has fizzled to almost nothing. There was a video someone made once to the Friends theme and it was of all the team. THAT showed it. Just exactly what CSI was - a team of excellent scientists working together to solve crimes.

Now it's pick scientist, match a crime, but don't put certain characters together for fear of ruining our personal mission of driving CSI into the ground before Billy Petersen leaves.

*pause*

Sorry, that sounded bitter.

So to go back to something happy....

Season 4. Invisible Evidence. Catherine's "Not Enough"

We've all speculated what she was referring to, but what do we think. Was she saying that she likes his take charge attitude and he should do it more often, or he should take charge with Sara more often and rein her back in to her role as subordinate? Or was it an invitation to get hot and heavy in the observation room?

3. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

I have to agree with you guys that the characters have lost what made them them, parriculary Greggo, but not completely, there is some of their old selves left, especially in Gil and Cath, and the writers do bring it back sometimes. And i do really think that s7 will be a return to form for CSI, might be naivity but oh well.

I really want to see that Friends video now.

Lol thats funny, quite true but funny :)

I loved that quote in Invisible Evidence, such a nice moment. Im going to go with 'an invitation to get hot and heavy in the observation room' :lol: but i also thought it kind of sounded like it was something they'd discussed before, and Cath had told him previously to beef up the tough guy act. Just the way Gil said 'what? too much?', just seemed like he'd come to her about it. Just IMO :D

4. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Hot and heavy in the observation room... and just about yevery other room where there are just the two of them :devil:

Yes, I think Cath and Gil have had that conversation before, about him not being assertive enough in reining a particular CSI in. At least then he was trying. Now, looks like he's completely lost it!

But that low, suggestive tone that Cath used in her "Not enough" - that made my spine just tingle, and I'll bet it did the same to Gil :D I loved how there was often some double entendre in their exchanges.

You're right there. All have changed. Catherine has more or less come back. Greg has lost much of his sparkle and humour, and Warrick... he's almost become a ghost! It's as if the writers don't quite know what to do with his character.

But in the next but one episode, the three younger male CSIs should be having a good deal of screen time and maybe their camaraderie will be back.

Can't have G & C doing what they do best, now can they? It'd overshadow their own agenda. That's why I've gone off watching the show.

But if they come back to their senses, I'll be right back too. If.

5. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

OMG ! 3 pages to read :eek: you're all prolific today !
    Well, about the french fries, of course I'm talking about an epi (the Gil's ketchup experiment) ! I love that scene and when Erica isn't there we haven't to wait her hot dogs :D

Great poll, Hottie . I voted for at least 6 or 7 titles . Rebec ,finally, you have an icon :lol: Thanks a lot for the dictionry, Anne !

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

ren, you know I'm with you there. I'm still sticking to the show just for Catherine now. How sad. LOL. I enjoy having C/G talks with you guys here and on other boards, but as I already said before, when Catherine is gone, I'm gone (I mean abandon the show, not you guys. LOL). It doesn't have much to do with the ship they chose to sail, though. Although I'm not happy about that, the changes over the years are what really disappointed me.

Catherine, you got us confused there. LOL. How about we do it this way...when we post a quote, we use the quote tags so that everyone knows it's something that needs to be answered. And because we are trying to quote the characters, please try to make your quotes as accurate as possible. If you're not sure, there are online transcripts for you to check. The graveyardshift site also has an episode page where you can find loads of C/G quotes (located here). When you are posting an answer, try to post the context of the scene if possible because that helps people understand what the scene and the lines are about. It also helps you make good posts.

Oh rebec? Your last answer was wrong. Sorry. :lol:

Vote for your favorite new thread title if you haven't done so!

7. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Catherine you banned me from hotdogs unless I get one and you know I can't live long without them :lol:

Wow, great discussions! 1CSIMfan must be very happy because suddenly we're all in discussion mode :) sorry that we got carried away but it kinda just happened :lol:

ITA CSI is becoming more and more disappointing. As most have stated, they've lost the team dynamics and character interactions. Interesting cases won't work if you don't see a great team working together to get to the bottom of it, that's the whole essence of the show, not just focusing on some and forgetting the rest, letting them fade to the background. IMO warrick is a very obvious example, now even if we see him in the show his scenes are often not memorable and that's a great waste of talent, luckily gary had other things to focus on apart from CSI.

About Grissom, I never thought there will be a day that I'll stop looking out for him in an episode but that's exactly what's happening now. The characters that are able to make me smile now are mostly cath, nick, doc, brass and hodges. Greg lost much of his humour and sometimes I wish he hadn't become a csi so that at least we have someone to add some fun to the lab. I don't hate Grissom, it's just that I've been disappointed so many times I kind of stopped hoping :(

On a happier note, I really chose MANY for the poll, glad that Hottie didn't put a limit to the number of choices *hugs*

I really can't think of a favourite GC epi, there are so many and among them are GC scenes that IMO saved epis that are otherwise not watch worthy. But I have to say that I was very impressed with their interaction in Jackpot, they didn't even share a same scene but yet the sparks still flew. This epi always reminds me why I love these two so much. ;) How often do you come across people who can do things like that? Earth to TMTB

Damn, Erica, everyone was so concentrated on the GC discussion that I thought I'd be discreet about my last answer but you just had to bring it up don't you? :lol:

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Ah well, we CAN have proper discussions. It's just sometimes we get a bit carried away by some crazy little nonsense. ;) LOL. I wonder whether Lizzy has made up her mind yet. I'd have a hard time deciding which episode to watch if I were her. There is so much PureJoy in season one. Apart from those you guys have mentioned, I need to add Evalution Day. Well it's not really a C/G-heavy episode, but that line from Gil to Cath, "you are a riot, Alice" had me laugh for a while. That was so cute!

Sorry rebec but no hotdogs for you. :D If my memory serves right, the last quote should be this:

Anyone?

Also, if you haven't voted yet, Kissing Her Doesn't Require A Pay Raise. :)

9. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Oh is it from Pledging Mr. Johnson? I love that episode.

Although the g/c dynamincs arent as they were, they are still there. But ITA rebec Gil is a bit disappointing at the moment, but maybe his sabbatical will do him some good. I reckon he's just going thorugh some sort of mid-life crisis and it'll be over soon :)

I do love the fact that they're developping doc robbins character, hes so funny, and he brings great g/c scenes too :)

10. rebec

rebec Police Officer

*sigh* I know I have to earn the hotdogs but before I become the GC shipper with the worst memory ever I'd better shut up for the time being :lol:

I know I'm making Lizzy's problem worse but I'd also like to recommend Unfriendly Skies cuz that's the epi where gil fluttered his eyelashes at cath and she passed him her bag of chips which he took a piece out of. Also cath stated that she would do anything to save the ones she loves and then bam we have her shooting the guy who's trying to hurt gil in Strip Strangler :D

11. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Sorry about that Erica but it wasn't a quote, just a C/G reference when you're not here to fed us :lol:
    Rebec it looks like you're enjoying the veggie burgers :lol:
    Well, to make short: if Marg/Cath isn't on the show anymore, I'll stop to watch too ! because CSI without her (or WP) isn't CSI . And I'll stop with this show too if the C/G moments disappear or if they're like BTK 2 : characterless and flavourless !

12. rebec

rebec Police Officer

^^They're making me speechless :lol:

I'm very much the same, once Billy and Marg are out, I'm out. I find it hard to watch a show for so long and still only watch it for the cases, I tend to watch shows for the characters.

S7 may be Billy's last season, Marg is thinking of not renewing her contract, heard that Gary may do the same, is it even CSI anymore? If this really happens they may really end up with 3 million viewers only :lol: If they make S7 their last season they may end this great show in a not so pretty situation, assuming that they carry on like that :eek:

13. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Yeah, I already said that (I hope that it's not here, my poor memory isn't the same anymore) :D but if TMTB change their mind and return to the old great CSI, maybe that Marg and Billy'll re-sign for a S8 (after having talking about their contract, of course) $$$$

14. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Sept. 27-Ask Ausiello from the TV Guide said Billy signed up to Season 8. Marg said in her September 21 podcast/interview that she only signed until Season 8 and she's no longer interested to renew her contract.

LMFAO! Anne I'd go with your last theory.

Speaking of midlife crisis..

Well Im not giving up on Doctor Deitrich Parker.. the doctor who's supposed to help Grissom in the miniature crime scene case in Built to Kill Part 2 and supposed to analyze Gil Grissom's relationship and his boredom with his life. However, the doc got booted out of the script in the last minute. I read on the Spoiler Lab Discussion Thread that he might appear in the next eps though. Yay! I hope so. That spoiler might be true because the miniature crime scene case is not over yet so we still have hope! Who knows? Grissom might call the help of the doctor one of these days.

Btw Fra, youre a newbie but we forgot to ask you whats your favorite GC episode/scene. :D

*coughs*Because Kissing Her Doesn't Require A Pay Raise*coughs-- Thread Title Poll. Please vote. We have a three-way tie so we need the votes.. and we gotta slow down for a bit. :lol:

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Rumors say that Billy has renewed his contract to season 8. Marg said in a recent interview that she has two years left and that she isn't going to renew her contract, which means she will leave the show after season 8. So it's possible that we are going to see neither Billy nor Marg in season 9. I believe there is going to be season 9 as long as CSI is still doing okay in ratings, because it's how TV shows work. I mean look at NYPD Blue, Law & Order and ER. LOL. Hmm I wonder how will our beloved supervisors leave?

CSIangel, you got the right answer so you get to post the next quote. :)

No, Kissing Her Doesn't Require A Pay Raise. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.