George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

*unlurks* I promised I'd come over...didn't I? Jacquie? Only took me a few weeks....

Will my comments do for now?

As for season nine, I think it's going to be interesting how they play it out with his reaction. He's brave, yes, as shown in Grave Danger, Stalker, etc (is it me or does he get hurt/threatened/generally put through the wringer more than any other character?) but he's also emotional, he gets affected by things (e.g. Gum Drops) so *shrug* I don't know. I think it would be crazy for there not to be a bit of a breakdown but I think he'll be ok. Eventually.

I imagine some of the things I would like to see in season 9 firmly belong on another thread so I shall keep that zipped :D Don't worry.

Nat x

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Yay! Thanks Speedy. When I wanted to see it from other page it didn't work but now everything's ok. Again thanks.

Oh, Sara's Girl! So nice to see you here:D

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Welcome to the discussion Sara's Girl and yes season 9 will be very interesting emotions wise for Nick. Now as for those other comments maybe a nice story or two or three :D

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well it will be interesting to see how this is played out.

I remember reading an article about Grave Danger years ago and when they were deciding which character to be buried alive. Carol Mendohlson said they chose Nick because they felt that of all the characters, George could give the rawest performance.

So I'm hoping for some raw emotion, because let's face it. I'm addicted to it. It gives the show some depth and humanity.

Again with BP leaving, the limelight will be shifted to him.

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Really, that's why they picked Nick? Hmmm, never knew that. That's so cool! And boy he did give a raw performance. Such an underrated actor.

6. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

He deserved an Emmy for that, big time. Did he even get a nod?

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nope, they rarely nominate someone from a procedural drama :rolleyes:

8. Mrs.Stokes

Mrs.Stokes Dead on Arrival

Hello everyone!

I'm new here. Feel free to call me Ashleigh. I'm a huge fan of CSI and a huge fan of George Eads/Nick Stokes.

I hope to have fun here:)

9. Jacquie

[​IMG] Ashleigh to the thread that discusses all thing Nick and George. We try to leave the :drool: to the Ward as we need one dry place to come and visit from time to time :) So pull up a chair and have fun :)

10. Mrs.Stokes

Mrs.Stokes Dead on Arrival

Thanks Jacquie:)

11. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Why is it that they don't pick people from a procedural drama for awards? I don't know much about the Emmys...am far too English for my own good. He should have got something for his performance in GD I agree, it was incredible.

There are stories coming...I promise, even one with our take on S9 :D

Nat x

PS thanks for the welcome :)

12. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

I'm a little clueless about the Emmys for the same reason, but receiving nothing for GD was pretty poor judgement i feel.

13. Jacquie

[​IMG] Makes a Ward Girl very happy :)

I don't follow the Emmys either but I think it is very political. Is it because they don't have any 'big' stars said with tongue in cheek. The actors of CSI are usually quite during the off season so some people could feel as though they aren't serious about their craft. I think that since they are devoted to CSI they are very serious about their craft. I think that since the actors stay out of the lime light and don't say 'here I am' the people selecting the actors for the nominations may not think they are worthy of the nod. I'm hoping that CSI will be like The Lord of the Rings. They won all they were nominated for after the third movie. Maybe we have to wait for CSI to finish it's run on TV before they get recongized.

That all being said, I think George should have been nominated for Grave Danger. Hell we all know he should have won as well. I was disappointed this year when after the great season he had in season 8 that he wasn't nominated. And I guess that is why I don't watch the Emmys.

14. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

And I also think some critics/viewers may view the CSI franchise as a more ensemble show. The early seasons of Lost had a hard time earning actor nominations because it does have some ensemble elements. It was only just recently that Terry O' Quinn won for Lost (much deserved by the way)

I agree George should have gotten recognized for Grave Danger....but I have a feeling season 9 will be a great one for George to show off how good he is

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I have to agree about GD, but I've also noticed lately the more subtle aspects of his performances. That's what happens when you're capping and looking frame by frame. :lol:

I can actually see little eye movements, his jaw clenching, and other small facial characteristics. They're all things that can be lost in a flash of a moment on the show, but when you look at it in slow motion, it's actually quite amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.