George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

What do I want for Nicky in season 9? Of course I want to see him 'supervise' while Grissom is gone (like you said he will be doing the play again). If they are really prepping him for the supervisors role this would be the perfect time to show it. :thumbsup:

I also want to see them do what they aren't real big on doing when it concerns Nick. I want to see some angst over Warrick. I want us to see Nicks pain over Warrick's death. Not something like Grave Danger and then basically recovered when the next season starts. I don't like to see Nick suffer but Warrick and Nick were close enough to be brothers so there aught to be something long term there.

I also want to see him work more with Greggo. If for no other reason than that will give us more take charge Nick! I like take charge Nick. :lol:

The biggest thing I want is that I want Nick to catch McKeen!

Susan

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh that so works for me :) Whether Warrick survives or not, and truthfully I don't see how he could, Nick needs to catch McKeen just so he has a peace of mind that Warrick didn't die without a purpose.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I definitely want to see Nick the one who figures it out that it was McKeen who shot Warrick. At least they let us see it and not have to sit here all summer waiting to find out who did it. :rolleyes:

Lets see a little Nick angst. Let George show his acting capabilities.

He better take on more of a leader role this season.

More screen time, even though he's been getting more, he needs more that that! :thumbsup:

I'd like to see him one up Grissom. Have them two work a case and Grissom swears this person did it or whatever and Nick disagrees with him and "fights" him on it and Nick ends up being right. Then maybe, just maybe, tptb will finally have Grissom tell Nick what he means to him. Tell Nick that he has never disappointed him. Grissom never had trouble telling Warrick how he felt about him. I know Grissom cares for Nick, but man, tell him. Geez, is it that hard to do? Let Nick know how much he's grown as a CSI. This could lead to the more leadership role. Grissom goes to Nick and wants Nick to teach these newbies, because I trust you can teach these newbies (including Greg) how to do it.

This should be Nick's season and have him work with Greg more so we can see more of him too. And on a side note, can we see a little of the old Greg, the crazy nutty one. Just a little here and there?

I'd also like to see Nick and Brass work more cases. Especially some crazy nutty, out of the world silly, kind of case. Those two can be funny when they work together.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^I agree with the above posters, but will it happen. Probably not? I've lost faith in the writers when it comes to Nick because they have let us down again and again. Grave Danger and the whole series over all. Nick is a great character that yet has to be realized, but like Warrick has been not allowed to develop fully.

So I'd like to see what everybody else wants, but am realistic. It won't happen.

I'd like to see George move on from CSI and get into something juicey like independent movies, political dramas and stuff like that because he's a damn fine, under appreciated actor.

And that's my two cents worth. I hope I don't come across too negatively guys.

5. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

While it hurts to even consider the idea of George leaving CSI (no weekly fix, what?!! :eek:) I would like him to try out something really different too.
    In his Monte Carlo interview he mentioned something about "The West Wing" changing the field for television actors. It piqued my interest because I adore the West Wing.
    George as as Josh Lyman-esque character. Oh my! I just gave myself goosebumps

But for season nine-
    Yes I want the angst of him dealing with Warrick's death but I want more comedic scenes too.
    More (purely platonic) Greg and Nick please
    Think theres any chance we'll get more scruff?

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Angst for sure. But no romance! :lol: An offscreen relationship might be okay tho.

I think they were just starting to show Nick as more of a leader when the strike screwed everything up. Assuming it doesn't do the same thing this year, I'd like them to continue that storyline. He's definitely seemed more "in charge", even if he wasn't officially. Having him supervise newbies (but no romance!) would be great!

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know what's funny though. The show's writers all seem to think that Grissom is the one and only in the show, but when I mention Nick to other people they all say, "Oh we just love Nick, we wish we could see more of him on the show!"

Funny, eh?

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So I saw this link in another thread and I thought maybe y'all like to see it. Some of you may have already.

It's a look the CSI's earlier careers and George being is usual goofy self. :lol: Oh, he's was such a young cutie.

click here

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

OH my god "I've been called worse!" What a dude!!!

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh speedy thank you very much :) Oh the accent :drool: He's lost some over the years but man is it still sexy :) Even back in the 'old' days he wasn't impressed with being called a hunk. I hate to tell you George you were and still are a hunk. But now you're a hunk that is an incredibly good actor.

11. blackflag

Thanks Speedy.

George - you were a hunk, are a hunk, and always will be a hunk! :devil:

Just gotta love the accent.

I think George's life lesson - Don't take it too seriously. :lol:

Susan

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You're all welcome. It's nice to see he didn't take things too seriously back then too. So young.

When he made that goofy face I just had to post it. I knew you'd girls would love it.

13. blackflag

To me the best part of that video is that the interview footage is dated 1996. :D I've never seen interviews from before CSI. I love seeing how he looked and sounded before CSI. :lol:

Susan

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I know, he definitely sounded like he had a stronger texas accent then. Been in LA too long. He needs to get that stronger accent back.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

O/T- Hey, CSI fans. CSI will be on DVD on Oct. 14 in the USA. Canada will get their DVD coming in later in July and Early August.

Back on Topic- I still think George still have his deep accent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.