George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is better to keep it gender neutral, how about "The Ward People" or "TWP" for short. OR even "The Ward Obsession" then you can say we are "TWO". :lol: Okay then moving on now, your all crazy we get it :p now do not make me break out the hose cause I have new receipes I am just excited to try. :eek:

Someone posted this in the spoiler thread.

Its NOT a spoiler, but something posted here from Emmy magazine on how the characters were originally thought of.

I didn't know that Stokes wasn't originally Nick's last name and that he was going to be from Nebraska and have blond hair, ripped, tattoos. Kinda new about the Catherine thing, but that was cut out.

Nick Stokes, originally Nicky Ledee, started out in his late 20s, a stud out of Lincoln, Nebraska. "He's a guy's guy. Sporting dragon arm tattoos, a killer smile and an infectious way with people. Everybody loves Nick, including Catherine." The character later went through a make-over that turned him into a, "blonde and ripped, sporting a diamond-stud earring and several dragon tattoos." Nick was originally in a romantic entanglement with Catherine, but the relationship was written out.
Casting the role of Nick wasn't easy, Webster admitted, until George Eads came along. Because of Eads, Nick's tattoos and earring disappeared and the character became the 'down-home hunk' he is now. Due to contract issues with the show Grapevine, however, Eads nearly lost the job. Luckily, both shows shared CBS as their home, and the actor was released off his contract to join CSI.

Yup, I like our Nick much better. Well at least two of things are still there 'killer smile and an infectious way with people.'

Also, didn't know that George was let out of his contract from Grapevine. Thank goodness for that!

Thanks for the info speedy. Some of that I knew. Watching and listening to the commentary on Burked, Anthony Zuiker talks about Nick and George. I didn't know about the problems with Grapevine though. All I can say is thank god for small miracles :)

Just got this from YTDaW. Looks like George will be on The Late Late Show again. This time on Monday January 19th. At the moment there's only 3 guests listed, George, Sarah Chalke, and Seal. Hopefully we'll get more time with him than the last time. :)

Susan

Last edited:
Nick Stokes, originally Nicky Ledee, started out in his late 20s, a stud out of Lincoln, Nebraska. "He's a guy's guy. Sporting dragon arm tattoos, a killer smile and an infectious way with people. Everybody loves Nick, including Catherine." The character later went through a make-over that turned him into a, "blonde and ripped, sporting a diamond-stud earring and several dragon tattoos." Nick was originally in a romantic entanglement with Catherine, but the relationship was written out.
Casting the role of Nick wasn't easy, Webster admitted, until George Eads came along. Because of Eads, Nick's tattoos and earring disappeared and the character became the 'down-home hunk' he is now. Due to contract issues with the show Grapevine, however, Eads nearly lost the job. Luckily, both shows shared CBS as their home, and the actor was released off his contract to join CSI.
"Down home hunk"! :D

Just got this from YTDaW. Looks like George will be on The Late Late Show again. This time on Monday January 19th. At the moment there's only 3 guests listed, George, Sarah Chalke, and Seal. Hopefully we'll get more time with him than the last time. :)

Susan

Woo hoo! Excellent! Seems like usually they only make the rounds when there's something special going on with the show or their career. Wonder if anything's up?

Woo hoo! Excellent! Seems like usually they only make the rounds when there's something special going on with the show or their career. Wonder if anything's up?
I'm willing to bet its a "Yes we know that Grissom is gone but we're still here and things at CSI will be fine" kind of visit. I bet he'll discuss what's ahead for Nick, BP leaving and what a great guy and wonderful actor LF is, etc. Sort of a pro-active damage control visit. Reassure the viewing public ahead of any potential ratings dip.

I'm willing to bet its a "Yes we know that Grissom is gone but we're still here and things at CSI will be fine" kind of visit. I bet he'll discuss what's ahead for Nick, BP leaving and what a great guy and wonderful actor LF is, etc. Sort of a pro-active damage control visit. Reassure the viewing public ahead of any potential ratings dip.

Hahaha! Very snarky but probably true! Oh well, it's still fabulous to catch a very good-looking George with a very funny Craig Ferguson! Can't complain!

Susan

Thanks for the info! I hope I'll get to watch it somehow and that George will be discussing only good things :hugegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back