George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm still disappointed at the Nick and Grissom scene. Geez, after all these years of treatly Nick bad, he could've done something better.

I guess I'm really just mad at the writer's because what you saw on screen was not what was originally written.

Grissom was suppose to say "You did a good job" :wtf: I mean what the heck is that? Shows you just how much the writers think of Nick, but I guess that was in keeping with how they had Grissom treat Nick so badly through the years. Petersen is the one who changed it to "You were my best student, Nick" (which is better).

I mean it irritates me that Grissom always treated the other CSIs better than Nick and then they were just going to have him say "You did a good job". Personally, if I was Nick, I would've walked out and that would've been it.

Yup, I'm bitter and I hope someone can tall me I'm nuts and crazy, but I think Nick deserved more than that. I know, I know everyone would say that Grissom is not an emotional guy, but he manages to be emotional with everyone else. But despite all that, I will miss Grissom, he was a unique character.

Poor Nick, he will always be the step-child. At least Catherine has always been there for him and Nick took the higher road.

Forward and onward, I guess. Looking forward to see him interact with Langston.

Oh and he did look fine last night, as always! :bolian:

Can I ask you a favor Speedy...could you take that emotion...that energy and please do a post episode for me...only you could do it justice!

I agree with you totally you...Nick deserved better from the writers and I do hope that tptb find it in their best judgment to change their focus to not only on who they pay the most but to all the characters...they all deserve time to develop their characters more...it would just be nice.

You're right, but I guess I just can't get past the fact that, originally, he wasn't going to (yes, I know it's the writers and not Grissom). That he was just going to say "You did a good job." That Nick still wasn't going to get the praise he deserved from Grissom.

Nope, can't get past that.

You see speedy this is why I don't go to the spoiler thread. I've was so disappointed in season 6 with comments about what was going to happen and then what was actually shown. I enjoy the show much more now :)

And Jacqui I agree with your comment about Nick being singled out by Grissom to be his best student. If Nick is going to be Catherine's right hand man then that is a sign he's been a damn good student :)

You're right, but I guess I just can't get past the fact that, originally, he wasn't going to (yes, I know it's the writers and not Grissom). That he was just going to say "You did a good job." That Nick still wasn't going to get the praise he deserved from Grissom.

Nope, can't get past that.

You see speedy this is why I don't go to the spoiler thread. I've was so disappointed in season 6 with comments about what was going to happen and then what was actually shown. I enjoy the show much more now :)

And Jacqui I agree with your comment about Nick being singled out by Grissom to be his best student. If Nick is going to be Catherine's right hand man then that is a sign he's been a damn good student :)

That's a good idea Jacquie, if I can get over my spoiler addiction, maybe I'll try that as well.:lol:

I guess I was just happy Nick was given something, anything after all these years, but it's disconcerting to know the writers had something else in mind as now Billy isn't there to create these great scenes.

But George is pretty good at giving input to the show as we saw with "Who Are You?". The writers had a more 'slick and cool' Nick in mind when a gun was pulled on him, but George told them he didn't think it was realistic given his own experience with having a gun pulled on him. Part of the reason that scene was so powerful was he drew on his emotions from that experience.

And I think the little line was so powerful in its delivery that I was very satisfied with it.

Now he's in second in command!:thumbsup:

I don't know if anybody caught Entertainment Tonight earlier tonight, but George was on briefly. It looked like they were doing a behind the scenes thing for Taylor Swift's episode to air later. But George and Taylor commented on the plane crash that happened yesterday in New York's Hudson River. It was very short

Yay I finally saw the ep! I know its only a day later but it feels longer. :wtf:
One of the girls at work who knows about my obsession but doesn't usually watch CSI herself came up grilling me on the topic, "Did you see it? Oh my gosh is was so good."
Torture I tell you. Torture :klingon:

But now :D I am all smiles and sunshine ;)

Speedy I know you're not happy with Grissoms goodbye with Nick and of course it could have been longer/better/more emotional, but I think Nick got the best goodbye.

And did you notice how on Grissom's last walk through, Nick appeared in the lovely black coveralls? Total shout out to us crazed Ward fans :D You can try to persuade me otherwise but I'm convinced :rolleyes: :lol:

Just ahead's up Ward Girls. I don't see George's name on the list of guests on the Late Late show on Monday :brickwall:

I may be wrong on this, but maybe Gil gave Nick the key to his place so he could go get or check on Hank. Maybe Gil wants Nick to look after Hank while Gil is wherever that was he went at the end... that jungle. I missed where they said that was. :lol:

Speaking of dogs, I brought mine inside Thursday night cause it was 6 degrees outside. She was sitting in my floor while I was watching CSI. She looked up at the tv when the scene came on where Nick walked into Gil's office. It was funny how intently she was looking at the tv during that scene. Haha... maybe she thinks Nick is cute too. :lol:

Just ahead's up Ward Girls. I don't see George's name on the list of guests on the Late Late show on Monday :brickwall:

Don't see? Don't see??? I was wondering...why is Jacquie frustrated that George is on the show? :lol: Don't see. That's why. :(

Yesterday I had this feeling that they were going to change it! I just started thinking that he was listed for it sooo early that it wasn't going to happen. :( That was changed between yesterday and today because he was still listed yesterday.

Susan

Don't see? Don't see??? I was wondering...why is Jacquie frustrated that George is on the show? :lol: Don't see. That's why. :(

Smokey would you like to borrow my reading glasses so you don't miss letters or words :guffaw:

Smokey would you like to borrow my reading glasses so you don't miss letters or words :guffaw:

And to think...they let me count money at work! :lol: Well, darn the luck! I think someone planted that information out there to work us up into a frenzy. I guess I'll just have to release my frenzy tension by perusing the Ward. :D

Hi y'all,

I've been in the general discussion boards about show episodes, and I keep hearing about how people think Grissom has mistreated Nick over the course of the show. I noticed there was some similar discussion on this page as well.

What makes you guys think that Grissom has mistreated Nick over the course of the show? I've heard that Grissom's lack of obvious support for Nick post-Grave Danger was part of it, but I just chalked that up to Grissom not having great social skills and just recognizing that he wouldn't know what to say. I also assumed that part of it was that Grissom knew that characters like Warrick and Sara (and maybe even Greg) in particular needed Grissom's support more because they didn't have as strong family support as one would assume Nick has. I also didn't notice him getting any less support than Cath. I haven't watched as much of earlier seasons, and I feel like I somehow missed the boat on this aspect of Grissom's character/Nick and Grissom's relationship, and I figured you guys, as diehard Nick fans, would be best able to clear it up for me.

(I'm sorry if you guys already answered this elsewhere on this forum. I didn't go back and read every page of this thread, largely due to laziness.)

What makes you guys think that Grissom has mistreated Nick over the course of the show?

I wouldn't say that I really think that, although I know others do and maybe they can share their reasons...things I might have missed. I think, tho, once you have it in your head that it's true, you'll see it everywhere, even if that may not be the intent.

For me it was probably "Evaluation Day" when he did that silly riddle with Nick to "prove" he wasn't ready for a solo DB. :rolleyes: Then he takes Warrick on a rollercoaster ride with him. This, after Warrick's gambling and negligence contributed to the death of a rookie CSI (not to mention he promoted him after being told to fire him).

That right there smacked of "teacher's pet" to me. It just seemed unfair...like at work when the boss keeps asking one person to go to lunch with them all the time and never any of the others.

So I think from then on I, and maybe others, thought back to that episode every time Grissom told Nick to "quit whining" ("Too Tough to Die") or whatever.

Then there was "Stalker" where he told Nick that it "wasn't about him". Let's see...there's a dead guy in his living room, his house is wrecked, he was spied on by a crazy man, thrown out a window, and held at gunpoint. I think it might have something to do with him.

Then yeah, of course, "Daddy's Little Girl". Even tho, as you say, it was in Grissom's character to be that way, "It's over" just was kind of a slap in the face. I mean, the guy was traumatized beyond belief, and he gets an "It's over". But when Sara was picked up for a crime (DUI), Grissom went to her house and held her hand while she cried.

I get the fact that Sara and Warrick might have been missing the support of a strong family, but trying to fill that space for them doesn't seem like Grissom's character either. So for those of us who tend to obsess over every little thing we see on screen about Nick (as others do with their faves), it's easy to understand why we might think that way.

Well said, Smokey!

There's also the fact that he didn't lift a finger to help out Nick when he was a suspect in Kristy Hopkins' murder. Nick was cleared because Catherine pushed to find the killer, and all Grissom did was lecture him about dating a hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back