George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the interview Blackflag, I'll watch it when I get a chance... :lol: Could be waiting a while... ;)

Congrats on the new thread by the way Ladies. :D

A couple more things that I picked up from the interview with George. One he still has a dog :) You gotta love a man that loves animals :)

Another thing that stands out is George talking about his dad and his parents divorce. I found it very interesting the way George spoke about not talking to his dad. And that A Field of Dreams staring Kevin Costner was instrumental in getting him to call his dad. He's spoken a few times on how his parents divorce has been one of the reasons he hasn't got married. Married to a woman that is as opposed to being married to his job :)

Divorce is hard on the kids no matter how old or young they are. My daughter's father and I divorced when she was a baby thinking it would be easier on her, but we were wrong. She talks about how she wishes were still together because all her friends come from two family homes.

I think with GE, he probably was angry because he felt his parents had big a show on and pretended all was well, when it wasn't and simply waited till he was an adult to divorce. Who knows? But life is short and its good that he and his dad are on speaking terms.

Divorce is hard on the kids no matter how old or young they are. My daughter's father and I divorced when she was a baby thinking it would be easier on her, but we were wrong. She talks about how she wishes were still together because all her friends come from two family homes.

I think with GE, he probably was angry because he felt his parents had big a show on and pretended all was well, when it wasn't and simply waited till he was an adult to divorce. Who knows? But life is short and its good that he and his dad are on speaking terms.

My mom divorced with my father when I was really young, two or three years old. And it was for us much easier. But of course it also depends on people around. I still don't know my father's family very well, no friends etc. They wanted to contact me but nothing do to see me (we're living in the same city and in the vicinity). Probably because of that I don't have a feeling of loss. Every divorce is different and I can't say in which situation is easier. I think I was lucky that I didn't see all these arguing, screaming and disappointments.

I'm considering that when children are older is much harder for them to accustom. When you have your own view on life, consciousness that you have family together for a long time it can be a big shock. I can't say it from my point but I think that watching when two the most important people in your life are just going down it's destructive. Especially for teenagers. But I don't think being adult would change anything about divorce of parents. My mom's friend divorced few days ago. She has a 29 years old daughter. It's for her really hard and she still can't believe in that situation. How I said earlier, it depends a lot on people around us. Every case is very different from each other...

It's great that GE has a contact with dad. It proves how reliable and sensitive he is:) And also how important family is for him. Definitely he can be an examplar:)

Hey I will thanxx the ones who post the interview-links, I've seen them again and again.:drool:
He is so d*mn hot, I never get enough of them.
It's George Eads 'love for ever', for me:drool:

Dang, I just realised the festival was over 10 days ago (on the 12th of June) and there are no pics of George at the closing ceremony? And also, no elusive pics of him all sunburnt at the Monte Carlo beach!

chipper if you visit The Ward #25 you will find pics of George at the closing ceremony. He's wearing a very suit with and a dark shirt. Loverly combo :drool: And as much as I would love to see pics of George on the beach lets let the man have some privacy :) Mind you if some are found I won't say no to looking at them and then snagging some :)

In the closing ceremony, is he wearing what he's wearing in your avatar?

Well, I guess we're resigned to the fact that no pics of GE at the Monte Carlo beach exists!

I want George at the beach photos..then again with his luck, his trunks would fall off right in front of the cameras..we wouldn't mind, but he would. hehehe

In the closing ceremony, is he wearing what he's wearing in your avatar?

chipper yes that is what George was wearing at the closing ceremony :)

And as to myfuturecsi's comments about trunks falling off........:drool: :devil: :devil:

Since we're slowly being pushed to page 2! :eek:

Here's something for us to discuss. (I got the idea from the Nick_Discussion livejournal :) )

Both Miami and NY DVD's have a release date but not Vegas. On the commentary's for season 8 what episode would you have George/Nick do commendary for?

I would love to hear his comments on the filming of Lying Down with Dogs as well as the subject matter. We all know he loves dogs in general (Maverick in particular :lol:). CBS and CSI could have really shined with that episode and I'm not sure that they promoted (for lack of a better word in my mind) it right within the industry (I think the strike got in the road).

I also think what he would have to say about filming Drops Out would be interesting. Since they usually have him do an episode that is heavy on the Nick side. :bolian: I admit, I'm curious. I want to know if he was really that out of breath chasing Drops. :lol:

There's also For Gedda and Gary leaving. But I'm of the opinion that they should give us those comments from the cast anyways. :(

Lets face it - I could take his comments on any episode. The first one I ever listened to was Snakes. :drool:

Susan

I would love a commentary for Drops Out. And if they could persuade Method Man to add his comments that would be really cool as well. I'm just curious how much it'll cost, the dvd set I mean. I would hope since there were only 18 episodes, they might bring down the price a little but that's probably a lot to ask

blackflag I think Snakes was the first commentary he did do let alone any of the actors. But I correct myself on this Gary Dourdan did the commentary on Ellie.

As for me I don't know what episode I would like to hear his lovely voice on. All episodes from Lying Down with Dogs to For Gedda had a very good Nick presence. I thing if it was a matter of only having 2 choices I would go with Dogs first and then Drops Out. As blackflag said George is an animal lover and somehow I don't see George as having to worry about putting on a sad and disgusted face when it came time to do some of those scenes. And for Drops it would be interesting to see what has transpired in the two years since Drops first showed up.

What does a box set off CSI dvd's cost in the US. Last year I think I paid around $50 beaver bucks for my season 7. Down from previous years because of the strength of the dollar.

Commentary? I guess any episode that's heavy on Nick would be good. But since there will be fewer episodes on this set, I'd like to see more extras. I really wish they'd put bloopers on there sometime. And I'd like to see more of the filming and direction. I think that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back