George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a box set off CSI dvd's cost in the US. Last year I think I paid around $50 beaver bucks for my season 7. Down from previous years because of the strength of the dollar.

Season 7 I saw for as high as $79.00. :eek: When I got season 5 last summer (bought with a coupon and on sale) I paid about $35.00 for it which is what season 4 cost when not on sale. I generally buy them at Best Buy because we're in a program of theirs that gets us regular coupons (that they actually let us use on sale items).

I did just buy season 1 (my birthday present to myself) at a bookstore because my mom got a 40% off coupon. That put it under $20.00. Very nice! :)

Point being - the longer you want to wait the more the price will go down. The only problem is us CSI fans don't have much patients. :lol:

Susan

Last edited:
What does a box set off CSI dvd's cost in the US. Last year I think I paid around $50 beaver bucks for my season 7. Down from previous years because of the strength of the dollar.

Season 7 I saw for as high as $79.00. :eek: When I got season 5 last summer (bought with a coupon and on sale) I paid about $35.00 for it which is what season 4 cost when not on sale. I generally buy them at Best Buy because we're in a program of theirs that gets us regular coupons (that they actually let us use on sale items).
Susan

I think my season 7 was around $60, because I got it at Wal-Mart soon after it came out and didn't want to wait for it to go down or to get it on eBay or Amazon. Some things I just want and pay for, regardless. :)

Ok so I can see the prices of dvd's aren't any cheaper in the US.

I'm just in the process of capping 11 Angry Jurors. Did you ever notice how much chocolate there is in the case that Nick has :drool: particularly when he's interviewing the sister for the first time :) Watches to see everyone dash to cap their own chocolate :)

Commentary? I guess any episode that's heavy on Nick would be good. But since there will be fewer episodes on this set, I'd like to see more extras. I really wish they'd put bloopers on there sometime. And I'd like to see more of the filming and direction. I think that would be cool.

I want a blooper reel too. They have eight years of mess ups they could put together one colossal gag reel.

I'll add my two cents worth in on the bloopers. Please can we have some. Gets down on hands and knees to beg for bloopers :)

Ok question time :) I was talking with the hubby last night about a comment myfuturecsi made in the Ward about getting a new cat when the time comes. We certainly wouldn't be against the idea but we won't go looking for one. With the exception of the girls in the store all our cats have come to us :) So the question is what would you name the new cat. George, Coleman, Nick or even Nikky. I would certainly lean to getting a male as the two females here are enough of a challenge. I don't need anymore fights :D

I'll put my vote in for bloopers. I would also like to see them film some of the episodes. You know hear the directory say action and then cut.

Since we're didn't get a full season, we deserve more extras, since we all know we will probably still be charged the same price as a full season of DVDs. So they better give us more or lower the price. :scream:

Lets what to name a cat (I'm assuming we've decided to get one ;)). I'd go with Nicky, but I like Coleman too. So either of those. Who knows you might take one look at the cat and think, nope, he's a George.

speedy no decision has been made to get a new cat. I just like to be prepared in case one says he wants to move in with us :)

I could definately take some bloopers. I've seen some online and they were great! :lol: I got a 2 hour video tape of Star Trek bloopers. Could only get it by going to one of the conventions but it was worth it just for the bloopers. ;)

It depends on the type of cat. Funloving is definately Nicky. More sophisticated would have to be George. :) You know how some names just fit the personality of the cat. We had one we named Wicket because he was exactly like Wicket the Ewok in Return of the Jedi.

Pooky was named Spooky when we got her from the shelter (she never answered to it) and Thomas is from Tom and Jerry. :rolleyes:

Susan

blackflag I love how you say Nicky would be fun loving and George sophisticated. And I do agree that the name has to suit the cat.

Our collection of cats- Oliver Cromwell was originally called Oliver Hardy. But we had to rename him because he overthrew our first cat Max

Thomas Jefferson was always called Thomas. He didn't fit Tom or Tommy even though we wanted his name to fit with our last name.

Tuppence Cowley was named after an Agatha Christie character

Riley was named for the character from Life of Riley because all our cats take it easy :)

Becky Thatcher was named for the character that is Thomas' girlfriend from a beloved book by Mark Twain

Caramel was named for her colour and we couldn't change it.

I wonder how Maverick came to have his name :)

Cap'n, definitely if/when the cat finds you, he will also let you know which name is best. :) Personality will determine so much. But I kind of fancy the idea of a noble, sophisticated cat named Nicholas. Then you can use Nick or Nicky as a nick(ha!)name. :D

Cricket gets called Cricky a lot as well as Mr. Cricket, Crick, and Handsome.

Ellie gets called Miss Ellie, Ellie Belle, and Pretty. :)

I wonder how Maverick came to have his name :)

well george is a southern boy... so maybe it could be after the cowboy maverick? :) (i just really dont like tom cruise... :lol:)

and sometimes i think an animal can earn the name they are given. who would have though george would have been the perfect name for a chicken? (may he rest in peace) but it worked for the short time he was with us. our cat was also named by the breeder, but we could have changed it if we wanted, and after living with her for 16 years no other name but pixie would have been right :)

I once fostered a litter of kittens from the local humane society with two males and two females. One of the males, I named George after our man. He was the most outgoing of the kittens and the best looking-long-haired black kitten with a slinky, black tail.

So when he went back to get adopted, they said he strutted around the cage like he owned the place and then not surprisingly, he got adopted first.

Now, we have an orange kitten named Troy George. My daughter named him after the guy in High School Musical while George is George Eads. So his file at the vet says 'Troy George'. My vet jokingly keeps calling Boy George!!! Sometimes I call him 'Trorge'.

My rabbit is named Nicky as in Nick Stokes. I left a note my friend's door the other day asking if she could pick some rabbit food up at her work (the humane society) I wrote "Nick needs food!" She calls and says.."Who needs food." I said, "My rabbit!"

I once named two feral kittens I fostered Warrick and Nick. Nick was the more hostile one of the two and wouldn't come out from under the bed in my room except to eat and drink and go to the bathroom. Then they got sick with cat coldsand I spent a few nights force-feeding them. It was tiring. I used to watch CSI and say to them, "C'mon little man! Don't you want to be big and strong like your namesakes." Thankfully, they survived. They actually tamed down I guess because they had a human being handling them so much in order to survive.

Well we are seriously in danger of slipping to the second page :eek: so lets see what we can talk about here :)

What would you like to see from Nick in season 9. Remember no spoilers if you know any.

I would like to see Nick take over for Grissom when he goes away again. I'm going to assume that Grissom will be disappearing as Billy Peterson will be absent while doing theatre again. I know we all agree that Nick is long overdue for some sort of supervisory role and this would be an ideal time. I would also like to see him help out the younger team members to help them advance their careers. Hint hint work with Greg more :) I could see them becoming friends like Nick and Warrick were. Friends only people :)

I would like to see how losing Warrick (whichever way it happens) affects Nick. And I'd like to see how all the other things that have happened to him over nine years finally catches up to him. I don't mean turing to pills or something like that...but maybe he's less Nick-like if that makes sense.

He should definitely get a promotion...he's the last of the Mohicans in a way besides Greg. I say he's due for the supervisor role...and definitely mentoring of the newbies just like Grissom did with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back