George/Nick:Texan Charm #7

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babs

Babs Pathologist

Thnx Elsie, gonna read it...

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Elsie thanks for posting the tips on advice for autographs. Hopefully this will help everyone seeking an autograph :)

3. Stokes_Time

Stokes_Time Victim

allright, thank you Jacquie

i'll just look around and write some stuff here and there hehe :)

X

4. Jacquie

So I got talking about good comedy movies at work today. I was educating a new employee on some classic movies that he should see if he likes a good laugh. One of the movies I was mentioning was Airplane . Oh how I love this movie :lol: :lol: A laugh a minute if you've never seen it. And I got to thinking if they ever remade it I think it would be interesting to see GE in the role Robert Hayes played. He played the hero that saves the doomed airplane. Just a thought :)

5. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

Hi guys this is my first post in Texan Charm, I usually hang out over the George/Nick Ward.

But speaking of movies- I just watched Evel Knievel for the first time. I thought it was going to be one of those movies that you sit through poor shooting and crappy dialogue just because there's some nice shots of a cute guy (Hello George! ;)), but it was actually pretty good.
    But more importantly aside from some questionable hair styles (it the 70's so I suppose that should be forgiven) George looked good !

6. Jacquie

bookgirl20 if you haven't listened to the commentary you should. There's a lot of info there like what was put on the toe of the cast, what role his dad had in the movie and other good things. I think we all agree that the hair was gross but as you said it was the 70's. Funny though I lived through the 70's and I don't recall guys hair being that bad :lol: but hey I wore bell bottoms and tried platform shoes :)

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I had similar feelings about the Monte Walsh film bookgirl, but ended up enjoying it. A good film for watching when you have the afternoon off, it's raining outside and there's just you and the cats. :)

Although I must admit that Dust to Dust is possibly one of the worst films I've ever partly watched. :eek:

8. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hi peeps, I'm back!!!

ah feels good to back :)

and I have never sent away for a signed photo, I just wait till meet the person :)

or have a family member get it for me, my aunt got me signed photo of LL Cool J...

but yeah it's a patients thing, if you just forget about it, and then it will come in the mail :)

so I'm back and ready to talk about George!!

9. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

Jacquie thanks for the tip on Evel Knievel. I never listen to commentaries, but figured this time since George contributed it'd be worth it (for the voice alone!). It was informative and stinking funny at parts. I personally liked how the director commented two or three times that George doesn't have a drop of fat on him. Umm yeah thanks, we noticed :p
    Now I'm going to have to go back and listen to the commentaries for the selected CSI episodes.
    Yoshi I think I might try to find Monte Walsh the next time I go rent movies alone. I picked up Evel with my sister who asked me if I was seriously going to rent that, and why. She calls me “Stokes Stalker” now.

10. Jacquie

bookgirl20 you truly have entered the Ward of no return. I like the name Stokes Stalker :) Just remind your sister you have very good taste in men :)

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

There's 2 video clips you have to see. One with GE and one with GD. I don't know if I can link to them here so I'll send you to them. Go to Texan-Charm and click the link to the Oh No Nicky Livejournal, then click on the Only Nicky Livejournal. They should be at the top (by starbright73). The questions are in Japanese or Chinese so you don't really know what they are, but the answers are given in English by the boys. The interviews are from early last season and they are great. They do sort of shed a little bit of light on some things. :)

PM me if you want me to try to get you the direct link. I can't guarantee that I can though. :)

Susan

ETA - Those clips are Windows Media Player if anyone wants (or needs) to know.

12. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Thanks for that blackflag. :)
    I was in the mood for something new to see. Now I'm off to either read some fic or do some capping. It depends on how much my connection's going to play up tonight. :rolleyes:

13. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

Hey Blackflag, that was cool. I am amazed at the things one can find on the web with a little bit of looking!

14. Jacquie

blackflag thanks for the links. Both interviews were awesome :) I wonder if George would be able to talk if we tied his hands together and put him in a chair that didn't move :) I know it was probably nerves :) I did like the part about Nick getting in trouble :) as well as the hair and stache comment :)

15. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

:::::::::::swings in from the ceiling fan:::::::::::::::::::

I had good excuses for being AWOL...

1. I finally mangaged to string crime scene tape around my truck.

2.I was experiencing a 'George Zone Out' and was rendered totally clueless about everything!

3.Got some handcuffs....lost keys...held myself prisoner for a short time.

4.Was evaluated for talking to myself. Amazing what you learn about yourself!

Not the best excuses I could find! Besides..I'm just not that creative! :D

Actually real life stepped in, pulled the chair out from under me and I was picking my hide off of the floor. Had to have Dax kitty put to sleep...he was very sick. So I bawled like a little girl, said good-by and brought him home to bury him. Financially things were strained. On whatever is holy I will never take 4wks off again due to medical problems! Sort of went anti-social to pull my raw hide (get it..raw hide!) back together.

I missed hiding under Destiny's desk, wondering how McStokes keeps the Ward in line with the handcuff issues that come up, and missed the wicked stache and hair talk! Oh...not to mention the tight t-shirts...jeans... :)

Time to catch up!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.