George/Nick:Texan Charm #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
bookgirl, never seen Gumdrops and you call yourself a Nick fan! :lol:

Like I can talk. It took me more than a year of watching (on SPIKE) before I saw 11 Angry Jurors. I lived off what caps could be found for it and on what everyone would say about it. :D

Susan

Jeez ladies you should feel sorry :( for me that I'd never seen Gumdrops before, not give me a hard time! :p

I'm ready to give my 10 page, footnoted, double spaced report but since most of it would read like "Feminine energy! Hee" or "Angry Nick should throw more people against walls!" I'll spare you. :)

I will say this though- I knew what to expect, as Yoshi pointed out I've seen (and so enjoyed) the screencaps, and I knew the basic story. But it was still so much better than I could have expected. Fantastic. I cried and I don't think I've ever cried at CSI before, even Grave Danger.

George (and everyone else!) did such an amazing job, and it's such a touching episode, that it almost seems insulting to say how FINE Nick looked in it. Almost.
Now I've got to get Season 6 on DVD so I can watch just that episode about a dozen more times.

I think the line that stands out most for me from Gum Drops is 'I was rescued'. I could watch that scene over and over again :)

bookgirl20 when you get season 6 make sure you watch the episode with the commentary on. It's very interesting.

If I recall correctly tbtp had to ask GE to tone down the water works while doing the hospital scene.

bookgirl20 if you want to see an interesting movie you should get Evel Knievel. The movie is so so but George is good in it if you don't mind the hair :lol: The commentary on that is also very interesting.

bookgirl20 said:
Yeah "I was rescued" and then the end scene with Cassie in the hospital. Definitely where i teared up.

:( Same here, but I also teared up when he found her in the lake.

Jacquie said:
If I recall correctly tbtp had to ask GE to tone down the water works while doing the hospital scene.

bookgirl20 if you want to see an interesting movie you should get Evel Knievel. The movie is so so but George is good in it if you don't mind the hair :lol: The commentary on that is also very interesting.

Yeah, definatly listen to the commentary on that one :lol: especially about 'Don't Be Late' being written on the cast :lol: Grab a drool bucket while you're at it for the pool scene :p

Hey Nikky nice to see you :) Ah yes the don't be late message. Was it a warning that GE didn't take to heart for the beginning of season 5. The pool scene was good but so was the trailer scene. Now if we could somehow remove Phil's arm :D. I also found it interesting to listen to George talk about growing up in Belton and his Dad.

Jacquie said:
The pool scene was good but so was the trailer scene. Now if we could somehow remove Phil's arm :D. I also found it interesting to listen to George talk about growing up in Belton and his Dad.

You guys are making me want to rent Evel just to listen to the commentary. :lol: Beyond anything related to CSI the only thing I've seen him in is one ep of ER! :(

Hey Nikky, nice to hear from you.

blackflag Evel is worth it :) I've seen the movie once but I've watched it with the commentary 3-4 times. I pick up different things each time. Did you know that GE use to pole vault in school :) Or that his best friend was in Evel also :)

i bought evel (and a few other george movies) and it was absolutely worth it. id say evel and monte walsh are better than the other george movies you can buy. not that george isnt good in the others, they are just super cheesey and not as enjoyable on the whole.

im still mad that they have yet to put a walk in the park (or whatever it is called) on dvd. combining george and loads of dogs? now what woman could resist?? :lol:

:lol: I agree, if you can ignore the hair then Evel is definately worth watching. I've seen it twice now, once with the commentary (which really was interesting, and I don't usually like commentaries). It's a completely different role from Nick and takes a couple of minutes to get used to, but GE is pretty good in it. :)

eta: I'd forgotten about walk in the park, I really need to see that movie... The screencaps from it are adorable.

With A Walk in the Park being a Disney film it will probably take forever for it to be released. Softcake started telling us the story at the end of last year but I think real life interfered and we haven't seen or heard from her since the spring.

allmaple I agree GE was good in Monte Walsh. Hot Texan on a horse. Wow what more can a girl ask for. I know the real thing :D The Spring was very cheesy and I haven't seen The Second String. I don't even know if it's still available on DVD.

The only non-CSI project I have seen is Crowned and Dangerous. Isn't that sad. What kind of a fan am I?? Maybe after the kids go back to school I'll rent Evel.....

Jacquie said:
With A Walk in the Park being a Disney film it will probably take forever for it to be released. Softcake started telling us the story at the end of last year but I think real life interfered and we haven't seen or heard from her since the spring.

allmaple I agree GE was good in Monte Walsh. Hot Texan on a horse. Wow what more can a girl ask for. I know the real thing :D The Spring was very cheesy and I haven't seen The Second String. I don't even know if it's still available on DVD.
I have the Second String, and it has bin on tv overhere in Holland. To be honest...I hoped there would be more George in it, he is not much in that movie...And I can not say that the rest of the movie was intresting....

OnlyTruth said:
The only non-CSI project I have seen is Crowned and Dangerous. Isn't that sad. What kind of a fan am I?? Maybe after the kids go back to school I'll rent Evel.....

OnlyTruth if you need any help getting the kids back to school :D The DC area should be nice this time of year :) Anything to help a fellow ward girl :) I have not seen Crowned and Dangerous. Maybe I should break down and get it if it's on DVD. Cheesy George at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back