George/Nick: Texan Charm #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
McStokes no no we were all gd and well behaved no drunken raves here *looks shifty* lol

And yeah Nick hasn't really been with neone for AGES but then again the like you were all saying Grave Danger might have messed him up a bit on that front and also with the fiasco with Chirsty (was that her name). But then again in Built to Kill he danced with that blond women and sed 'i think i know her' so hes obiously still going round meeting girls and stuff. But hey why would he want a gf when he has all us lot :p

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just want to wish George a very Happy belated Birthday! Both he and Gary make 40 look amazing! :)

Ahhhh....the day after! What a party! You all are just party animals!!! Things are a bit fuzzy but at least I know who had the bowl of strawberries....right CathStokes? ;)

McStokes, remind me not to get on your bad side! :lol:
Don't know if I would survive getting flipped by you!

Ah....great point....Texas AAA Prime....just great point! :D

Hmm...as for Nick and the worst dry spell I've seen in TV history. I don't know....I mean...Nick doesn't advertise, he is quite private. Maybe more so since the whole Kristy thing. Maybe our Nicky is doing just fine in the romance dept. Besides...I'm sure they celebrate things like X-mas, although we don't actually get to see it. The same thing as B-days, we just don't see it. Who knows? Maybe suddenly Nick will drop a bomb and fess up to being involved with someone that he never told anyone about! The posibilities are endless and just too much fun to speculate!!!

Now...as for sharing George....we all must share!! We are a caring and giving kind of Ward. Okay...we are a caring and giving and possessive kind of Ward! :)

Wonder if Destiny has lost her hosing abilities? We all have been good! Have we?? :confused: You don't know how hard it is to be good! :devil:

Oh, I'll share! He might come back to you a little sleepy and rough around the edges :devil: but...I'll share!

Don't worry, I won't use any of my "tricks" on any of my Ward Girls! I save those for the obnoxious men I come across daily!

My take on Nick this season...he seems like he's all over the charts personality-wise. One epi he's angry and not trusting anyone, smacking suspects (K-Fed!) the next he's dropping jokes and being sarcastic at somewhat weird times...which to me all suggests post traumatic stress disorder. I think GE is trying in a subtle way to let us all know Nick is not as ok as the writers seem to want to make him to be.

McStokes that is an interesting thought on Nick's state of emotions and I agree with you that they are all over the map. I will quickly start the line of wardgirls that will be lining up to give our Nick a hug. It may take a day or two for me to let go but I will eventually let the next person hug him :D

I always got the impression that GE puts much more into the character than the writers, that he tries to pick up the slack where they have left off. I have a feeling that line about selective amnesia was an ad-lib on his part...he's apparently known to do that from time to time.

I wonder how an actor separates themself from their character at the end of the day...especially when you are the same one for 7 seasons...it's gotta be hard to just "turn off" Nick and become George, then switch back again.

I'm right behind you in the line, Jacquie :)
Remember I have two combat trained westphalian battle piggies who will make sure I get to hug Nick, too :D

It was interesting to watch Nick's emotional ups and downs during the season so far. Still, I'm not sure whether that's George's interpretation of the character, or just the lack of continuity in writing and directing? I wonder how much influence a director has on the actor when it comes to emotional scenes. Or if the character is the actor's "baby". Am I making any sense? :lol:
We all remember teary eyed Nick from Toe Tags. So do you think it was the director who said "go ahead and cry, George, Nick is a wimp anyway" or if George decided since Nick is such an emotional and good hearted fellow, a little tear would just suit him right?

Edit: and basically McSstokes just said the same, but she was faster :D

I think GE understands Nick more than the writers do. I think we've all read that at the beginning of the show GE had to stand up for Nick's character and you would hope after all these years tptb will let GE do that. I'm hoping that GE understands that his fans were not happy with the now famous 'it's over' line. Maybe if he did ad-lib the amnesia line then it's his way of telling us he's listening to us :) One can only hope.

McStokes I think turning Nick off at the end of the day would be a difficult thing to do. I have read somewhere that GE is a method actor so he probably doesn't turn Nick off that much, especially if he's filming 3-4 days in a row. I know when he did Evel his friends found him to be more Evel than George when he was shooting.

Gawd, can you imagine trying to hang out with him if he was acting like that big-headed, beer swillin' maniac! I don't know how the real Evel's wife put up with him!

It seems that there are a lot of similarities between GE/his family and Nick/his family. I always think that GE channels his Dad for a lot of the character. I've noticed he speaks slower and lowers his voice the same way his dad does...in fact, if I close my eyes he sounds EXACTLY like him. Then you see GE on talk shows and his voice is higher, almost has a whiny, California quality to it.

I figured he was thinking of his Dad, who was a Marine, during that scene in Toe Tags. He has real respect for people in uniform and in law enforcement...one thing I like about him!

Ok, I'll stop babbling now!

I was reading somewhere (can't remeber where) that the directors and writters are really liberal when it comes to character motivation and they give the actors a long lesh coz they realise that noone will know the characters better than the actors who have been playing them for 7 years now. So i guess it would be fair to say the George can put alot what he feals Nick is feeling in the part (does that make ne sense) its what makes him such a great actor

Interesting discussion, folks. See, just when people start to think we are only interested in GE's hair styles, we launch into a heavy discussion about character! I think GE does just a phenomenal job with Nick Stokes -- whenever I see GE in an interview or anything else, he is sooooo different from Nick. And Nick is a very subtle, complex character, so it would take an incredible actor to maintain that for 7 years.

Whatever George is doing, he's doing amazingly and should keep it this way! And you're right []bMcStokes[/b], I think he takes on a lot of his real dad's persona when he plays Nick (and how well he does it!). I think Grave Danger alone showed what a brilliant actor George is, hands down.

AWWWWW Grave Danger *sobs hysterically* that but where we wakes up and realises he's been buried alive how many actors could do that as well as he did???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back