George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I do have a small continuity issue, if the first crime scene happened right after A La Cart wouldn't Nick/George have been wearing his old cuff/bracelet wristband thingy and not his new one?

Me too Princess.

Press here.

Shouldn't the date be 02/09/08 as we've gone back a year? (Strictly speaking I know it should be 09/02/09 because the US always puts the month and day the wrong way round ;))
They've already altered his birthday.
They should've checked Grissom's name spelling too lol. I know, picky, picky, picky.
I thought it was an amazing episode. George was out of this world and the more I see Fishburne, the more I love what he's doing with Langston's character.

Now I do have a small continuity issue, if the first crime scene happened right after A La Cart wouldn't Nick/George have been wearing his old cuff/bracelet wristband thingy and not his new one?

Me too Princess.

Press here.

Shouldn't the date be 02/09/08 as we've gone back a year? (Strictly speaking I know it should be 09/02/09 because the US always puts the month and day the wrong way round ;))
They've already altered his birthday.
They should've checked Grissom's name spelling too lol. I know, picky, picky, picky.
I thought it was an amazing episode. George was out of this world and the more I see Fishburne, the more I love what he's doing with Langston's character.

Oh ok, misspelling Grissom's name is just BAD! :shifty: It's bad enough they've changed his birthday :rolleyes:, but come on.

I think tptb need to remember that they're ones that set his birthday to be in August and not February! They didn't need to start the episode out as his birthday.

Last edited:
What's going to be the next thing they change? Where Nick went to college? Cause the old website bio lists Texas A&M as his alma mater

And if George doesn't get an Emmy for last night's performance, those Emmy voters need a serious smack on the head.

I just rewatched the episode and noticed that Hailey's "mother's" name was Nicole which is the female counterpart to Nicholas (right?)

Well there seems to be discrepancy in sites as to what university Nick went to. Here we have him going to Rice University and his birth date is still listed as August 18, 1971. On Wikipedia Nick's birthday is February 2, 1971. As far as I can see no mention of the university he went to. I know a lot of fan fictions I read usually say that he went to A&M. This site does list A&M as the university Nick went to. Come on people make up you mind.

Last edited:
Well there seems to be discrepancy in sites as to what university Nick went to. Here we have him going to Rice University and his birth date is still listed as August 18, 1971. On Wikipedia Nick's birthday is February 2, 1971. As far as I can see no mention of the university he went to. I know a lot of fan fictions I read usually say that he went to A&M. This site does list A&M as the university Nick went to. Come on people make up you mind.

Now you see that's funny, because Wikipedia used to say his bithday was August 18th.

And when I brought up that Nick's birthday was the day after Grissom's, didn't you all tell me that was mentioned in an episode? So it seems to me his birthday was established as August 18th. I mean seriously, do tptb really thing that we are that stupid, not to noticed this stuff.

So lets see apparently Nick has been born 3 times. August 18th, February 2nd and now February 9th. Ummm, ok... :shifty:

So lets see apparently Nick has been born 3 times. August 18th, February 2nd and now February 9th. Ummm, ok... :shifty:

Well he's jsut wanting more pressies from his family and friends :guffaw:At least tptb got the year right :rolleyes:

The Wikipedia site was last updated at 3 this morning. It did used to say Nick's birthday was August 18,1971 :rolleyes:

Well he's jsut wanting more pressies from his family and friends :guffaw:At least tptb got the year right :rolleyes:

:guffaw::guffaw: Good point! Hmmm...maybe that's what I should do? :lol:

I figured someone changed it, guess they didn't look at the cell phone screen to well. :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how much innocence Nick lost.

Yup but how much more innocence can Nick lose. He's been abused as a child, had a gun pointed at him a couple of times, stalked, kidnapped and buried alive. Though it does look like Haley's death will affect him the hardest. He's never had someone as innocent as Haley killed before. I hope he won't feel that he's a failure because he didn't find the killer of her natural mother first. Nick you can't save everyone.

Yup but how much more innocence can Nick lose. He's been abused as a child, had a gun pointed at him a couple of times, stalked, kidnapped and buried alive. Though it does look like Haley's death will affect him the hardest. He's never had someone as innocent as Haley killed before. I hope he won't feel that he's a failure because he didn't find the killer of her natural mother first. Nick you can't save everyone.

I think it wasn't just guilt over Haley's death, but everything coming down on him at once. All the changes, people leaving, Warrick's death...it just was all finally too much.

Man, when he said "She keeps asking me what happened" there at the end...that was just gut-wrenching. :(

My friend's daughter was super excited to watch it because of Taylor, but she said at the end her daughter started crying because Nick was. :) She said, "Mom, men don't usually cry." How cute is that? :)

Man, when he said "She keeps asking me what happened" there at the end...that was just gut-wrenching. :(

That was when I started weeping. I mean, I was crying before then, but when Nick wept, I wept.

I'm utterly in awe at this episode and George's acting abilities. I've always enjoyed his episodes, Grave Danger and Gumdrops especially and I STILL cry at those two!

George has a way of taking emotion, making them believable and gaining a viewers empathy at the same time. You feel what he feels and in a subtle, beautiful and natural way. He's amazing. And I'm gushing! :lol:

What makes it even more awe-inspiring is knowing he did that episode with an injured back.

My respect and appreciation for George has only grown deeper and more profound.

I think they adjusted Nick's birthday because of George's back. :shifty: It gave Greg more of a reason to be there and to go up into the crawlway. When he said he was going to need to get into the crawlway I said 'You didn't make him do that did you?'. I have never been so happy to see Greg. I don't think George would have been able to crawl up there. :lol:

Haley was right. I've never had a science teacher look like him. And I sure wish I did. Science was my favorite subject! :thumbsup:

The only problem with knowing George is hurt is now I can tell on screen. You watch him walk and he walks stiff. When he went to sit down at least once you could see the grimmace

Poor Nicky everything snowballed on him. Sara left, Warrick died, Grissom left, then he couldn't save Haley. Nicky - You're still my night in shining armor no matter what happens!

Susan

I think they adjusted Nick's birthday because of George's back. :shifty: It gave Greg more of a reason to be there and to go up into the crawlway. When he said he was going to need to get into the crawlway I said 'You didn't make him do that did you?'. I have never been so happy to see Greg. I don't think George would have been able to crawl up there. :lol:

Haley was right. I've never had a science teacher look like him. And I sure wish I did. Science was my favorite subject! :thumbsup:

The only problem with knowing George is hurt is now I can tell on screen. You watch him walk and he walks stiff. When he went to sit down at least once you could see the grimmace

Poor Nicky everything snowballed on him. Sara left, Warrick died, Grissom left, then he couldn't save Haley. Nicky - You're still my night in shining armor no matter what happens!

Susan

You could be right on the first one Susan. Also, it was at least close to Geroge's birthday. I do agree about wishing my science teacher looked more like Nick, but then again how much learning would I have gotten done. ;):drool:.

Poor George, I do hope he feels better soon. That must be seriously bothering him.

I think they adjusted Nick's birthday because of George's back. :shifty: It gave Greg more of a reason to be there and to go up into the crawlway.
See I was thinking that they made it his bithday so that the year in retrospect plot line had a more significant beginning and end. If something happened exactly a year ago I probably wouldn't remember cause it would have just been march 6. But if it had happened a year ago and today was my birthday it'd carry more weight.

I love Nick because he's the kind of guy who gives money to a bum because its his (Nick's) birthday. :D

I love Nick because he's the kind of guy who gives money to a bum because its his (Nick's) birthday. :D

And see....he couldn't save Haley, but his one small kind gesture to this guy may have been the start of putting him back on the right road. So he did some good, even tho he may not have given it a second thought. Just the kind of guy he is. :)

Just found this interview that George did for TV Guide Channel's Hollywood 411. (actually found it on the site we can't link to but went and found in on TV Guide online. :)) Don't think it's really spoilerish any more. Long sleeve black T, Khaki pants - lookin good! :devil:

Hollywood 411

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back