George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I feel the same way! But I had a terrible scare today! :(

I got up this morning and had NO cable and NO internet!!! On my way to work I called the company, and they said I'd been disconnected because my bill was past due! :wtf:

Number one, I don't forget to pay my bills. Number two, even if I had...they disconnect you for one missed payment?? No Disconnect Notice? No Reminder?? No This Month's Bill With Both Balances on It???

Okay, so this time I did forget to pay it. :scream: So the lady said to pay it online and call them back in an hour and they'd turn it back on. So I did that...even paid this month's bill too.

But when I called back another lady said first of all she had no record of me calling this morning, then she said I had to pay ON THE PHONE for them to turn it back on today. Fine. I'll pay AGAIN but it had better be turned on when I get home.

So I spent all day wondering if it would be back on when I got home. Why today?? Why me??? I've never had anything disconnected for non-payment before, but oh yeah....today let's scare the living crap out of Smokey!! :(

By the way. It's back on. :) So I'm ready to settle in, turn the phone off, get my blankie and my snack and indulge in the goodness. :)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh my god, Smokey, they sound very harsh. My cable company at least sends out warning notices and then they send someone to your door to give you one last chance.

3. country2776

country2776 Victim

smokey so your good to go now right?

4. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

OMG:eek: if I missed tonight's episode I woulf freak out knowing that I couldn't watch for another whole day. Talk about agony.

5. country2776

country2776 Victim

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well I hate to burst the bubble but I did do a search on Google and it was on the second page. Again I couldn't see it but some people were jsut being down right nasty with their comments about George said.

Smokey I'm glad you got your cable back. That was a close one :eek:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

YOu didn't burst my bubble. I knew it would show up sooner or later. I still don't think that many people (outside of those on YTDaW) are really going to pay that much attention to it. I've seen fans that aren't George fans wondering what the big deal is about it. And yah they're nasty. They obviously don't get the little deal there called Double Standards and that they're doing the same exact thing they accuse him of doing.

Glad you got cable back Smokey. I've been afraid to turn my off all day because it's actually been working great today. (Just recently found out it was bought in 1993 and it's going down hill quick!)

Susan

8. Jacquie

[​IMG]

I think it's time to dust off the Little Stoker award for George. Ok I know it's an Oscar and tv is Emmy's but it's the only award I have and I think George should be getting an Emmy for his performance from last night. And after all Emmy's are the Oscar of TV so it's fitting.

Last night show, in my opinion, was better than Grave Danger and Gum Drops. Whether it had to do with maturity of both Nick and George I don't know but man was last night's show good.

I loved the cake shape :) It's interesting that over the last two shows we had a Texas coffee mug and now a Texas shaped cake. Is George allowing more of the Texas to come out in him? I don't care I just like these 'personal' touches. To me it says a lot about a person whether real or not.

You got to love the scene with Greg in the visit to the motel for the first crime scene. 'I'll take back the gift card' :guffaw:now that was a scene from old Lab Rat days between the two of them :)

I liked the phone call from Grissom and I thought it was nice for Nick to be starting a college fund for Warrick's son :) Nick is always thinking of others.

That last scene with Nick and Ray. Powerful. I don't want to annoy Grissom fans but I don't think that scene would have been as powerful if it was Grissom talking to Nick. Ray understands people so much better than Grissom ever did. Ray and Nick are making a good team :)

Now that we know George was hurting during the filming of this Nickisode you can really see the pain in his face particularly in the walking scenes. You got to admire the guy for giving his all in this episode. Job well done George :)

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

ITA Jacquie! Ray seems to have a deep understanding of people, more so than Grissom. Grissom would have walked away and left Nicky alone to cry because let's face it, bugman never got Nicky.

But George knocked the ball out of the park last night and LF is proving to be the best thing that's happened to CSI.

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm with you Smokey, that was a great job by George and he deserves recognition for it!

11. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

I love how they are making Ray more part of the team but helping Nick through emotional moments. I think they are finally getting back on track to how the show used to be. GE was just too awesome for words, knocked it out of the park.

12. Jacquie

Here's an article from Chicago Tribune about last night's show. It's about Taylor Swift in the show and has some comments about Laurence Fishburne but sandwiched in between them are a couple of paragraphs about George performance.

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks for posting that Jacquie. George did a great job and deserves all the praise for an excellent episode. His work was amazing.

14. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record here but, George was awesome!

I did try to see if I could pick up on any physical pain he was in, but I couldn't really tell. Either George hid it well or I need to go back and watch the episode again...thank god for on demand.

Although throughout the episode a particular song kept running through my head "Seasons of Love" from the musical Rent....probably cause I've been watching the last broadway performance dvd

Now I do have a small continuity issue, if the first crime scene happened right after A La Cart wouldn't Nick/George have been wearing his old cuff/bracelet wristband thingy and not his new one?

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for the article, Jacquie!

Yes, I so agree, that George deserves an Emmy for last nights performance.

He was totally awesome! I really loved how they're having Nick starting a college fund for Warrick's son. That is totally awesome. I'm still hoping that we find out that Nick is Eli's god-father too and that it was Warrick's wish.

Super Dave and Nick when SD looked up and the rotting corpse fluid fell on him? :guffaw:

Nice touch with Grissom calling Nick to wish him a Happy Birthday, but I'm not buying it. I don't see Grissom doing that. I mean, after all, Nick isn't Warrick, Sara, Greg, or Catherine, for that matter. And calling Nick 'pal', nope, Grissom never treated Nick like a pal. Though it was nice that they put it in there to establish that it was a year ago.

Though, I mentioned it above, I am glad that they mentioned Warrick too, because he would've been lost during that year. :(

I do think it's funny that Nick made Greg go up to the attic :lol:. Hey, low man on the totem pole, Greg! Though I'm sure that had something do with George's back.

The poor guy, you definitely could see the pain and major KUDOS to him for working through it, instead of being a baby about it. Hopefully, his back will feel better, maybe with surgery, and he'll be feeling better, because I'm sure he can't golf with this and I bet that is killing him.

I really liked the scene with Ray and Nick at the end. I think Nick finally has someone who cares about him and how he feels and tries to help with that. Grissom wouldn't be able to do that and would've told Nick 'it's over, get over it.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.