George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's right, it was on AOL. And I'm sorry, but AOL interviews are notorious for twisting people's words. I've seen it happen many a time. A star would have to defend themselves over something AOL put that they said when they didn't.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I hope you don't mind me posting here. Many of you know I am a Jorja fan. I just wanted to let you know that not all JF fans are angry with George. I think people are overreacting to some extent, but I've gotten use to it on this site as well as others.
    I don't for a minute think he was speaking ill of Jorja or Billy or Gary. And I don't think he is referring to Jorja as a diva, at least I hope not. Everthing I have ever read about her indicates the opposite. I believe they were and still are friends, so I will give him the benefit of a doubt on that one. That said, I don't think it's good for the show to discuss its behind-the-scene problems. No work place is without some stress and tension, but I don't think the fans need to hear about it. There are many JF, WP, and GD fans sticking around to give the 'new' CSI a chance. Any negative comments about them will only get misconstrued and allows for rumors, speculation, and gossip, and tends to fracture the fanbase, which is pretty sensitive right now.
    I'm sure he is not aware how the interview was interpreted by many fans, but I hope it is something he will learn from. He's been in the business a long time and I'm sure he will have more interviews. He seems like a positive and likable guy, so I hope he shows that more in future interviews.

3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Totally agree 100% with you....and to everyone, I wasn't trying to diss George, even though I understand that it's hard to separate comments from the person, I was merely reacting to what was PRINTED, and presumably what George himself said. The "spin" or lack thereof on the interview really wasn't in George's character in my opinion, and, in my own defense, opinions are offensive sometimes..no matter who you are.

Kudos and love to you, George ;p Feel better soon.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oooh, you could be right! Maybe he needs to bring along his apple box. :lol: I just love that and how they screwed on handle on it. That was so sweet.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That would be funny. But yeah now we know why he cancelled it. It was probably around the time they were shooting Turn, Turn, Turn and after a gruelling day probably his back told him "No more George, we're going home."

Poor guy, he needs a heating pad and a beer. I got both George, come on up to Canada!:devil:

Psst..I'll call you guys when he gets here and we'll treat him like a king!:drool::lol:

6. country2776

country2776 Victim

ooh a george eads thread I loved him ever since savannah

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm having a fan girl moment here :) It's like I'm a teenager and I'm all excited about tonight's show. I'm long past the teen stage but I'm still excited about tonight's show. It's been so long since we had a serious Nickisode with everything the last while been focused on Warrick's death, and GSR. So Nick do you Ward Girls and fans proud tonight and show them why you'll still dazzling us :)

8. country2776

country2776 Victim

yes I'm getting all excited is it 9 yet lol ;) for those that say is letting it go to his head go to entertainment tonight's website about taylor swift she talks about how he was towards her, and she said he was as down to earth guy

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I cannot wait for this episode - it looks really good.

As for the AOL interview, I don't think it is as bad as people are making it out to be.

Do you think his comments will have a negative effect towards the show?

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't think all that many people are paying attention to it. It was an AOL interview. I've run a news search on both Yahoo! and Google for it and they don't come up with it. It would be different if it was mainstream media but AOL is know for both twisting and adding things in their interviews.

(The only place I'm really seeing it having an adverse effect is at YTDaW and they've been complaining that they aren't going to watch the show since Jorja left last year. At the same time there are people on other sites that want to see this ep that haven't watched one since For Warrick.)

I'm excited for this episode. I haven't turned my TV off all day just hoping that it doesn't start to screw up come 9pm. I told my mother that if my TV screen starts going like it did last friday night the whole neighborhood is going to know! :lol:

Susan

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree and the way I look at it, they weren't watching the show anyways, so it's not like CSI is going to lose a lot of viewers.

Taylor Swift being on the show our the big headlines and will draw a lot of interest for that reason.:thumbsup:

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with blackflag. No matter what George said is honesty and the media will find a way to twist his word that he did not said.

O/T- I remember one actor (I can't think of his name) said to the media honesty and the media twist his word and made is sound like he said it and he didn't and he sued them. Do you know who the media was? It was the National Enquier (I can't even spell that one right.) media. They lied and they got sued so many time.

Back on topic- I believe George when he said, he miss Billy, Gary and Jorja and he didn't called her diva.

13. country2776

country2776 Victim

taylor swift saying it's her favorite show might help too jmo:)

14. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Let's be realistic,they love to bash George over there anyways ,sour grapes syndrome (medical terminology at its best). I feel they want the show to fail.they want the ratings to flop so they can say whatever about the show being unable to move forward without their favorite character,I for one don't understand that thinking,but history speaks for itself,I for one am very excited that our Nick finally has a storyline,it's about time! He's been standing there for a long time jsut to say those two lines so let's allow him that moment to shine and he will!

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I was at AOl reading both the good and bad comments and came across this one which to me sound truthful. It was also very, very sweet.

I hope this post isn't fake, but I bet George was the cutest little kid with those ole brown eyes whic he probably used to charm his way out of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.