Gas..How Much are you paying???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kinkapoodles, Aug 18, 2005.

1. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

It's about 2.70/gallon here (but I live in an area where gas is traditionally cheaper). But I don't care because I don't drive (rely on others right now, when I go off to grad school in 3 weeks, I'll rely on public transportation).

2. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

In Nanaimo.. We're paying like.. $1.14 per litre, Canadian. o_O

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

For regular here in Nevada- it flucuates from $2.89 to $3.18 a gallon depending where you go- it sucks- :( and is riduculous no reason for these high prices- thank gawd I've an economy car --good gas mileage- good old Ford ;)

4. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I'm paying 3.90 a gallon in Northern California. We're one of the highest places in the state. That's for regular too!

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

the whole of Australia is paying ridiculous amounts for petrol...at the moment it's AUD$1.44 per litre, so I'll see if I can convert that into American dollars per gallon...

*waiting music*

ok, based on my calculations, it is US$4.07 per gallon

woah, that is way too much maths for this early in the morning

6. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Actually going back over my math... In Canada we pay......

$4.87 US/Gallon.

Americans... SUCK IT UP!!! x___X;; Stop your freakin' whinin'.

7. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

^Thanks. I'm American, and I keep telling people that. Also that okay, quit driving so much. You wouldn't have to pay as much for gas if you didn't drive so much! But unfortunately a lot of towns in America don't have public transportation, and people have to drive to get places. Although some people in the town I grew up in would not consider 1 block walkingn distance.

8. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Oh man, that reminds me. A show on one of our channels called "The Chasers war on everything" just did a segment on petrol prices. The said they were 'the pushers' and were there to help people save on petrol, so they found random people and pushed their cars to their destination. They said "instead of driving this weekend, think about pushing your car. I know we will" :lol: The segment ended when they were trying to push a garbage truck and the garbage men came out and had a mssive go at them. It was hilarious to watch! :lol:

9. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Umm here it's $1.09 per Litre (not gallon...that would be crazy)...but I don't have a car...I take the bus...so I don't really care...haha, but I'm pretty sure there's people out there who do care!

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Uhm euro 1,43 a liter... so times 3,8 and you have a gallon... euro 5,43 a gallon. this is euro's and I don't know what the current difference is... But add some to the euro price and you got your US price!

found it. 6,93 US dollar a gallon here

11. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

*sigh* petrol is so expensive these days...everyone seems to be paying at least US$4 or over (except America :lol:)

I remember back when petrol cost $0.75 (or less) a litre, which would be US$2.13 per gallon. But those days are VERY much over...

12. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

Heh. last time I looked, our peterol was... AU$1.32 (About US$3? I dunno, I'm not that great at conversions...:lol:) a litre. But that was ten minutes ago, so you know...

13. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

I'm terrible at conversions but I pay 93.9p per litre, which is a huge amount :mad:

I really agree you Americans have it easy, our petrol prices are bordering on daylight robbery :eek:
    Think yourselves lucky folks :lol: I'm sure we have the amongst the most expensive petrol in the world!!

Oh and note to government, stick tax on fuel to get us onto public transport..good idea if the public transport ever ran efficiently I would happily get on it :eek:

14. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

woah! that is a lot! :eek: I mean, ours are high and constantly rising, but they're not quite that high yet...

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

So it's pretty much the same in here. few cents cheaper.

Remember that UK gallon and US gallon are different (if Iremember right)