"Gary/Warrick Total Appreciation!!" Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ruzila, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Re: "Gary/Warrick Total Appreciation!!" Part 2

I'm sorry to be the bearer of BAD NEWS:

From TVGUide.com OMFG!! I was shocked when I saw this....

Exclusive: Gary Dourdan Quits CSI!

With all the attention focused on William Petersen's successful contract negotiations, this ginormous scoopbit nearly slipped right by: Sources confirm to me exclusively that original CSIer Gary Dourdan — whose contract is also set to expire next month — has informed producers that he is leaving the show. Although a precise timeframe is not known, CSI's May 15 season finale could serve as Warrick's swan song.

Regarding Dourdan's exit, a CBS spokesperson says, "We can't confirm or deny this information."

This is the second major departure to rock CSI this season. As anyone with a pulse and/or access to TVGuide.com knows, Jorja Fox made her final appearance as Sara in November. The good news: Marg Helgenberger and George Eads are expected to follow Petersen's lead and re-up with the show.

Meanwhile, CSI execs aren't wasting any time searching for Dourdan's replacement. I'm told producers have put out a casting call for a new male series regular in his late twenties to early thirties to play Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who transfers from Henderson to join the graveyard shift at the Las Vegas crime lab.

MY opinion: I liked Warrick and I will miss him but the writers have done nothing with his character and I think its a shame.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm totally shocked. I will miss Gary, but I'm sure it will come out that he wasn't getting enough screen time. And I will totally agree with him. I think they have totally underused him.

I will miss scenes with him and Nick, they were some of my favorites. I love Grissom's character, but I do think too much attention is being put on him, especially when he is taking a hiatus again.

I really think the producers and tptb really need to sit down and look at this. Don't let Gary go. Give him more screen time and more story.

I will join Warrick/Gary fans in hoping that something changes and he doesn't leave!

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm shocked to see that Gary is calling it quits :( Nick and Warrick working together were and are some of the best scenes on CSI

Unfortunately I can't blame Gary for not wanting to continue. As stokesgirl said tptb have spent too much time on other characters *cough-Grissom-cough* particularly in the last couple of years.

If Gary fans are needing a signature you can count on me to add to the list.

If Gary doesn't continue on with the show after all I do wish him the best in what ever he chooses to do.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yea, and too much time on a certain relationship too.

Gary don't leave, we'll miss you!!!!! :(

Me Too!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I would love to see Gary's fans show CBS how much he will be missed, don't let Jorja's fans have all the fun! Show CBS you care!! You got my support!

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I would just like to add that Gary Leaving should be discussed in here and not in the spoiler lab, Warrick leaving can be mentioned in the spoiler lab, but I would rather that spoiler info on Warricks leaving be done there and speculation (non spoiler) or your opinions on the actor/characters leaving be done in here. Its just easier. We would appreciate your help in this. :)

I would also like to add that I am sorry to see him go, but I do wish him all the best in his career and hope to see him again.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

hmmm...i just found an article that he pleaded guilty in 2005 for misdemeanor battery against his girlfriend in 2005. However, it sounds like this woman was a little crazy...and he is suing her. Sounds like he has been having legal troubles, maybe this is the reason for his absence?

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/entertainment/index/dourdan32406

And according to perezhilton, him leaving is "a mutually reached decision for the creative process for next season." But who knows how true that is.

8. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

This is what I posted on another thread before I saw it was being discussed here.

Oh my this is sudden. I sorta felt something was up with all the trouble they had he get into in the beginning of the season. I will be sad to see him go personally. But I also know the reality of others being happy to see him leave, just as there where mixed feeling when Sara left as well. Its gonna be very odd to see the show without him since he was there from the very first episode, also the dynamics of the show will change dramatically on so many levels. Warrick and Nick's friendship has been there since the first episode and, does it mean Greg's gonna get promoted earlier rather then later? And what about YoBling? They have been hinting at that ship since the beginning of the series.

Also I wonder how Gary decided not to renew his contract. I mean CSI is the number one watched show in like the world. That and between all the merchandise produced, he would be set for life, and anything else he earned would be just bonus. So maybe I answered my own question there. But I'm mainly surprised cause he never had any issues with his contract before like George and Jorja did before. Pout now I'm all frazzled.

It seems the only good thing about this will be that we will get another male hottie to become obsessed with. Thats kinda exciting. But no one will be able to replace Warrick. *pout*

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I hardly doubt that something that happened 3 years ago, would have anything to do with his leaving CSI now, he's been making movies, just appeared with Halle Berry in one, so there ya' go, I just don't know why they can't all leave at the same time, this so sucks:klingon:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235427/ Gary's career!

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i am not trying to insult him...but realistically actors on hit tv shows usually disappear, especially in crime dramas like CSI. I could be wrong, but it is rare to see. That is why it is so dumb for tv show actors to pull a 'David Caruso' to go off doing movies.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Didn't he mention at one point that he wanted to do more with his music as well?

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What I want to know is why don't the PTB just admit it already instead of doing the whole "confirm/deny" line? It's out and everyone knows it already so just go ahead and confirm it is what I say.

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I'm not surprise. After 8 years you know regular cast members are going to leave a show. It's sad for some, but that's just the way it goes my friends.

I wish Gary all the best!

:)

14. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

Oh My...

I sensed this coming, I've been a hug Warrick fan for years and seeing how UNINTERESTING his plotline has become, I can understand that Gary Dourdan felt the need to leave. I mean, there were even some episodes where Warrick wasn't there!! It's a shame really, when I look back at the first seasons, Warrick was such an interesting part of the team, there was a big friendship with Nick, and the flirting with Cath... I don't know what happened, I'm tired to see the labrats having more screentime than Warrick, if he leaves, at least I will know why he isn't on screen.
    A real shame, TPTB sucks.
    I just hope it means more music for Kolade! Gary has a great voice and his albums are on my ipod most of the time :)

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I'm also starting to think his lack of screen time is the cause of his leaving. As MarieMJS said he was such a big part of the show in earlier seasons but now like nothing. They did do two Warrick centered episodes this season but I'm guessing thats basically cause they knew he was leaving and needed a reason for the character to leave. I really hope once he leaves the show he will appear in more movies and work on his music more. He has such a sexy voice. But I will miss Warrick on the show so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.