"Gary/Warrick Total Appreciation!!" Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ruzila, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csiMadness

csiMadness Dead on Arrival

Re: "Gary/Warrick Total Appreciation!!" Part 2

I understand that after 8 years, that you thinking about doing something else or the producers want something new (who knows). I honestly was surprised that Gary is leaving the show, I thought after Jorja would follow someone but now him. The only thing that I hope is that the they not killing him off, he should get that chance like Jorja did, to come back.

2. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Yeah I don't think they are gonna kill him off, he just gonna leave. Which is still very upsetting. It all seems so sudden him leaveing, hes never made a fuss about his contract or anything before. CBS said they would not disclose why he is leaving, but you know eventually we will find out why.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It was sudden to me as well, because I keep going back to him and George saying a few months back "we're in this for the long haul" and I was smiling going YEEESSS:thumbsup:no hint or clue that I know of, this is another sad part of getting to be so fond of one of the characters, and then POOFF, gone:confused:

SEXY GARY

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I wonder if TPTB will give Warrick and nice send off and praise his many accomplishments as a CSI. Or is such star treatment only meant for CSI's who are sleeping with Grissom?

Tis a shame, the writers could have done so much with Warrick...:(

5. MsCatherineBrown

Thats a good question. I hope he gets a good send off, I will be very unhappy if he gets a cruddy send off. Also they better have the team react some how unlike when Sara left and they where all like whatever. Mainly cause Warrick was a true member of the team before Sara ever was. It is a shame Wojo, the developed his character so well in the earlier seasons of the show but, lately nothing. Sigh CSI will never be the same for me.

6. MelC

MelC Police Officer

Oh gosh... this is so depressing.... And here I was thinking he'll finally be back after all that "drive-tru-wedding-bull".... I too realized he has MUCH less screen time than other CSIs. Heck, sometimes I feel like I've been seeing Hodges more often! This is sooooo unfair!!!

7. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

We do see Hodges a lot! (by a lot i mean like a few scenes an episode. This is CSI after all) I don't hate Hodges, i think he's a funny character but i wish we saw the CSI's more, especially Warrick and Greg! They're always in the background!

8. Seashore

Seashore Victim

I'm sorry to see Warrick go, but honestly, I'm not sure why Gary Dourdan stayed on the show as long as he did. Sure, it was a steady paycheck and a gig on a successful show, but he had so little screen time and minimal character development in the last three or four seasons. I'll miss his character, but hopefully Gary will be able to find work on a show with writers and producers who can put his talent to good use.

9. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I guess the team will react in one way or another depending on how he leaves. If he dies that will hurt them more than he got another job!

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

More updated info: Turns out Gary was possibly fired!!!

From TVGuide.com

Initially, I reported that the actors were leaving for the most mundane of reasons: Both of their contracts were up, and they had decided to move on. But in the hours that followed the posting of those stories, new information came to light that now calls into question my original sources the exact circumstances surrounding the exits — specifically, whether the stars were leaving of their own accord or if they had been shown the door.

In the case of Dourdan, an insider at the show insists that he and CSI execs "mutually agreed" to part ways for "creative reasons." However, a CBS mole claims the 41-year-old actor was essentially fired, adding that producers are trying to be "as supportive and protective" of him as possible by portraying the departure as mutual. That same mole wasn't willing to share the specific reason for Dourdan's ouster, except to say that it involves an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan."

That doesn't exactly narrow it down. In 2005, Dourdan pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and was ordered to stay away from then-girlfriend Anne Greene and attend domestic-violence counseling. And last July, a video of him allegedly attacking a TMZ photographer made the rounds on the Web.

Meanwhile, CBS still won't officially "confirm or deny" that Dourdan is on his way out, even as a search for his replacement is underway. Repeated calls to the goodbye guy's camp went unreturned.

So are Gary's fans as loyal as George and Jorja's were when they were fired? Fans revolted and and got them re-hired.

11. MsCatherineBrown

Thanks for the new info Wojo. I don't know how I feel about this right now. I guess what I really need right now id Gary to come out and confirm that he was indeed fired and told to kept quiet. But why suddenly now, I mean his issues happened in the past, has something new suddenly come up. Cause why fire him after losing another regular this season as well. Argh I hate this 'will not confirm nor deny'. We should start a revolt and get him rehired. But I need to hear from him what actually happened. Cause maybe he did decide to leave the show to work on others things, which is sad and awesome all at the same time. But if he was fired, let the revolt begin.:mad:

12. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I don't know how much a "revolt" would work. They're probably already filming the final.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, thank's Wojo something does seem amiss:borg:, because one month ago, he was talking about "what an amazing journey" this has been, with NO hint or clue, that he was leaving, so what's transpired since then:confused:

http://www.csifiles.com/news/190308_01.shtml

[​IMG] bye-bye birdies:(

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Reminder regarding the change in pic size changes, which are posted in the Help guide, and in the first post of the thread.

15. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

well if him leaving / being fired / simply not being re-hired (I'm thinking it's the latter), is because of some issues he has in his personal life, then I hope things are sorted for him soon. That's the most important thing, that his life off-screen is cool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.