Game: Brain Freezers

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?

Posted by CaptainMiracle51
Were they born in a foreign embassy, and the parents are diplomats? Foreign embassies are considered soil of that country.
That could be considered an alternate correct answer to the question. Not the one I had in mind though. I am going to leave this one up a little longer.
Clue: Think history.

Posted by drkate:
birds are 'flying' 'car' 'pet' there you go...

well...I understand the point that you get carpet from "a car a pet" should be in same idea with the first word too!

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?

The child is born Prior to the Boston Tea Party and the Rev War... They would all be British. :D

Good work, SpinLizard. Try this one.

A cowboy rode into Dodge City late on Friday. He stayed two days, but still rode out on Friday. How can this be?

hehe i like that - i've got another one:

It's freezing winter day, you enter a room which contains a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood burning stove. You only have 1 match, so which would you light first?

Ooooh, Ooooh. I know it. The answer is... uh, I've heard that one before, so I'll leave it alone for now.

Very good, D.W.. Here we go again.

A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being extra heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?

You got it, This. So how does everyone like these questions? Too easy? Too hard? Kicking yourself when you find out the answer?

A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?

^^
None. It's a pear tree, not a plum tree.

Here's one:

A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

Back