Game: Brain Freezers

I'd say for the second one of the 1st batch, Bill Gates would, because he said that he deserved to live, did not mention anything about a parachute.

Close, but no cigar.

The answer doesn't have anything to do with parachutes, but it does have something to do with something else that ISNT mentionned.

I don't think any of them will die, at least not in this riddle. There was no mention of anything wrong with the airplane. But if they were discussing what they might do in such a situation, the Pope would probably be the one to sacrifice himself for the life of one of the others. He does not say that he should live.

Sheesh Dynamo1 why don't you hog them all?? :lol: Just kidding.

Man, figures the one day I'm busy you guys post new ones. I don't know where to find any good ones, I guess any site I'd find you guys have already picked clean. :lol:

Of course not!

Just do a Google search for brain teasers. The first couple ones are probably all used up, but others shouldn't be.

Anybody going to post more? Or should I?

Go for it csifreakaholic , I don't have much time now, I'm pretty tired and I have testing tomorrow. I'll definately post some if I get any.

CASE ONE

Detective Palumbo had just finished examining the body of Debbie Layne, which was lying on couch in her plush living room. "Mrs. Layne was hit on the back of her head 3 or 4 times with the butt of that pistol," the sleuth said.
The .45 lay on the floor near the body. Sheriff Hobbs was dusting the weapon for fingerprints. "I've telephoned her husband at his office and only told him to come home. I dislike breaking bad news. Will you do it?" the sheriff said. "I'll do it," said Palumbo as he watched the body being removed from the scene. Then he took a seat in a lounge chair to wait for Mr. Layne. The ambulance drove away just as Mr. Layne arrived. He came into the living room and asked, "Where's Debbie? What's happened?" "I'm sorry to have to tell you that she was murdered about 3 hours ago," said Palumbo. "Your cleaning lady found the body and called the sheriff." "I can't find any fingerprints on this gun," said the sheriff. "I'll send it to the lab." Mr. Layne's face flushed as he got angry and said, "Please find the fiend that clubbed Debbie to death. I'll put up a twenty-five thousand dollar reward!" "Save your money," said Hobbs. "The murderer won't be that hard to find."

Why?

CASE TWO

Inspector Will was reading his email, when an urgent message arrived. It was from his friend, Dr. Mallone, the millionaire. It said: "Hi, Will. I need your help, you see, somebody just stole one of my pearls. As you recall, I have a very special chest manually crafted by my old friend Delouresse. It is so exclusive, that He only crafted 3 identical chests before his death. Yes, I'm the proud owner of one of the Delouresse Ebony Chests. In the chest I was keeping my pearl collar, that had exactly 100 perfect pearls. The gold key to the chest I always carry tied to my neck, in a silver chain. I gave a party today, and the chest was in open view because it is a jewel by itself.
Someone then asked me to show her the contents of the little ebony box, and then I tried to open it with the key. To my surprise, the key lock was terribly worn out, like if someone was trying to force it. My key got stuck, and I had no more option than breaking the gold lock. The chest contained my collar, which at first brought relief to my soul. But You know me, I went suspicious, so I counted the pearls twice: there were only 99! The thief managed to open the chest (destroying the valuable lock in the process), took only one pearl, and then closed it. Why?
Please, Will, help me, What can I do?"

Inspector Will searched the internet about the Delouresse Ebony Chests, and from the page showed He wrote 3 names. Then he went to Dr. Mallone's house and He compared each person on the list with the Dr's guest book. And found one that belonged to both lists. Inspector Will thinks that person was the thief. How did He know that? What was the first list? Why did the thief only take one Pearl?

CASE THREE

Susan Coffered was not liked very much so no one was surprised when she was found dead. She had been murdered in the Church car park right in the middle of the main Sunday Service. A single shot had done the deed, and it had obviously been fired from way up in the bell tower, some 75 feet high, right at the other end of the Church.

When the detective in charge of the case had finished examining the scene, his assistant had eliminated all but three suspects. Rev Don Whiteshire had always disliked the way she showed off, making everyone else feel very silly, during her work at the Church. Carol Magson didn't like how she was made to feel inferior since their aunt had left Susan some money. Susan always had more money to spend than Carol. Lord Victor Shiling was very angry at the way he heard Susan constantly humiliating him because of his disability.

When all three were finished the detective in charge of this mystery knew who the culprit was. Who was the culprit? What made the detective so sure?

1: The husband had killed her otherwise he wouldn't have know she was clubbed to death. He would have assumed she was shot with the gun.

That is what I was thinking, but I decided to give someone else a chance. If nobody answers the others in a day or so, I might give them a try.

i'm guessing that for case no. 3 the murderer was carol because the reverend would have been in the church service at the time of the murder and the lord shiling had a disability (don't know what) but that disability might have made him unable to get up 75 feet of stairs to the top of a bell tower...

i dunno if thats right though... seems like the obvious thing though, so its probably wrong... arggh! i dunno!

Posted by drkate:
i'm guessing that for case no. 3 the murderer was carol because the reverend would have been in the church service at the time of the murder and the lord shiling had a disability (don't know what) but that disability might have made him unable to get up 75 feet of stairs to the top of a bell tower...
That's my guess, too. :confused:

Back