Game: Brain Freezers

Heh, I'll try the second one. The scam artist got nothing because the rich guy took all the stuff out of his wallet right before he made that bet. There was no money in his wallet when the bet was made.

But I have no idea on the other one. :D

I think LabRat101 got it right, but another possibility is that the scam artist was nabbed by the police before he had a chance to collect.

Posted by csifreakaholic:
In which sport do winners move backwards and losers move forwards?
My only guess for this one is Golf: The idea is to have the LOWEST score, so when you are winning, your score goes backward; when your score starts going forward, you start losing.

At a train station in Sydney, Australia an intelligent rich man was awaiting his upper class rail transport. He was sorting through his wallet and pulled out credit cards, receipts, and $200 in cash.

An scam artist approached the man and said to him "I'll bet you, on all the money in your wallet, that I can get a packet of chips out of that there snack machine without inserting any money!"

The rich man, who was intrigued by this 'talent', readily agreed.

The scam artist walked over to the snack dispenser, stuck his hand up through the compartments, and a chip packet fell out.

The rich man was amazed, but being a faithful businessman, stuck to his word, yet the scam artist walked off without a penny.

How is this possible?

I think they are right on this one, although here is an alternative answer: The scam artist walked off without a penny, because when he got the $200, none of it was in pennies. He might have walked away with 2 $100 bills, or something to that manner, but no pennies.

I'm not sure, but I'm going to guess Rugby? Because to score a try, they have to pass backwards? And defenders have to run fowards to try to stop them?

At a train station in Sydney, Australia an intelligent rich man was awaiting his upper class rail transport. He was sorting through his wallet and pulled out credit cards, receipts, and $200 in cash.

An scam artist approached the man and said to him "I'll bet you, on all the money in your wallet, that I can get a packet of chips out of that there snack machine without inserting any money!"

The rich man, who was intrigued by this 'talent', readily agreed.

The scam artist walked over to the snack dispenser, stuck his hand up through the compartments, and a chip packet fell out.

The rich man was amazed, but being a faithful businessman, stuck to his word, yet the scam artist walked off without a penny.

How is this possible?
Yeah, I'd think because the rich guy took the money out before hand.

I know it. I know it. Woooo hoooo!
Posted by csifreakaholic

Tug-O-War. I was talking to some friends yesterday, and they were talking about a picnic for someone's birthday party. And I remember the last time on a picnic we played tug-o-war. The winners pull the rope backwards and drag the losers forward.

Dynamo1 you got the first one right!!
LabRat101 you got the "official" answer to the second one. I'd also like to congratulate CaptainMiracle51 for getting another answer to the second one... a way to abstract answer for me to come up with though!

Posted by Dynamo1:
I know it. I know it. Woooo hoooo!
Posted by csifreakaholic

Tug-O-War. I was talking to some friends yesterday, and they were talking about a picnic for someone's birthday party. And I remember the last time on a picnic we played tug-o-war. The winners pull the rope backwards and drag the losers forward.

Ohh wow!! i didnt even think of that!!!!!! AWW your spp smart Dynamo! :D

Some riddles for everyone. The answer is relatively simple, if you are simple-minded. (PS. Thats a JOKE not an insult!)

RIDDLE ONE
One snowy night, Sherlock Holmes was in his house sitting by a fire. All of a sudden a snowball came crashing through his window, breaking it. Holmes got up and looked out the window just in time to see three neighborhood kids who were brothers run around a corner. Their names were John Crimson, Mark Crimson and Paul Crimson. The next day Holmes got a note on his door that read "? Crimson. He broke your window."
Which of the three Crimson brothers should Sherlock Holmes question about the incident?

RIDDLE TWO
The Pope, Celine Dion, George Bush and Bill Gates are on the same plane. There are only 3 parachutes left for the 4 of them.. Bush says: "As the President, I think I should have the right to have a parachute, because I rule millions of people in the greatest nation of all." Celine Dion says: " As one of the greatest singers of all-time, I think I should deserve to be safe. I bring tears and laughter to millions of people, and I'm an important contributor to pop music." Bill Gates says: " As one of the richest successful company owner, I think I should live because I'm on top of the economics cycle, creating jobs and incomes for millions of people. I am a wealthy and intelligent man. Finally, the Pope says: "I'm an old, religious man. I lived a life that's full, I helped millions of people finding their way through God, I'm ready to let go a parachute and to face my fate."

Which one of them will abandon the parachute and die?

RIDDLE THREE
(A crime related one for all those who love solving crimes!)
Detective Mick Mace was called to the scene of a beach murder. Two uniformed officers were already there, piecing together the chain of events that lead to the victim's death.

"Her name is Jina Lange," the first officer tells Mace, "a 27 year old waitress from 'Jakes Palace.' She was running from someone, but they got her, all right. Knocked her to the ground hard, gashing her head open, and wrapped a belt around her neck. Tried to strangle her to death, but she didn't die when the perp thought she did. She must have crawled 20 feet or so, but she was going toward the water by mistake. When she realized this, she was probably fading in and out of consciousness, and knew she wasn't going to make it. Looks like she wrote the word "help" in the sand with her finger, but it has been partially washed away by the approaching tide. See there? The h is half gone already, and the p is missing the stem. We took some pictures for record, though."

Mick Mace looked down at the woman who lay dead, shuddering as he thought of what it must be like to die at someone else's hand. What were her last thoughts? What did this woman have to say that someone didn't want the world to hear?

Suddenly, more cops arrive, with three men in tow. One, they called Jersey, was throwing a fit, his loose pants practically down to his knees in the struggle. " I wasn't with her! I bought her a drink, but she left without even saying thanks!" The other, older gentlemen, was the club owner. "Name's Shelby, detective. She is a great lady. This is a tragedy, but I will do anything to help. I saw her leave the club with that guy right there, but that's all I have." He pointed to the third man. "Yeah, so? She left with me, but only for a sec, to get some smokes from my car. She came right back, honest!"

At that moment, Mace thinks of a very important clue, and knows exactly who is responsible for Jina's death. What does he figure out?

More crime related brain teasers

One

There was a murder and a bank robbery in Dimsdale. A witness had seen two twins on a rainy day in a van when one of the twins got out and commited the crimes. The police came and properly arrested the twin that committed the crime. Since the two twins were both dressed exactly the same, how did they know which one to arrest?

Two

There had just been a robbery at the Wallace Jewelry Shop. It was late at night, freezing cold, but the police happened to be nearby so they arrived only a few minutes after the crime. They knew that no one could have gone far, so they sent out scouts to bring back anyone they found. The scouts brought back three people. The first was a lady who claimed that her car had broken down and she was walking down the street to get help. Examination of this story proved that she was telling the truth about her car. The second one was a drunk, whose bottle of liquor was frozen through. "I was just trying to get some sleep," the drunk slurred and then passed out. The third person was a little old lady who had allegedly gotten lost.

"Gee, this case is tough," one of the junior officers said. "Nope," his superior said. "It's easy as pie."
Who was the thief?

Three

Flossy returned to her apartment one evening to find that it had been broken into and vandalized. Pictures were smashed, personal letters were ripped, furniture was slashed, obscene graffiti written on the wall, and her favourite dresses torn. Flossy told Shadow that she suspected her ex-boyfriend, Sid. Shadow went to see Sid and explained that Flossy's apartment had been broken into. Sid said he knew nothing about it, but would be happy to help catch the person who wrote such nasty things and caused such damage. Shadow spoke with Sid for a few more minutes then told him he was under arrest for the crime. How did he know that Sid was the vandal?

1) The easiest one. "?" in the note means to "question Mark".

2) (Don't know)

3) Just guessing that the victim was writing "Shelby", not "help", but the water washed away parts of the letters.

You should number the questions differently so we do not mix the answers to the wrong questions. For the second batch:

1) The twins were a boy and a girl?

2) The alcohol would not freeze?

3) Shadow did not mention the graffiti, so how would Sid know.

Sorry. I realized I should have done that but it won't let me edit now.

For the second batch:

1) You didn't get the "official" answer they had. There's is a little more simplistic
2) You're right. The alcohol wouldn't freeze, which means the drunk is the "bad guy"
3) You're right, AGAIN.

Maybe you should post some. I'm not good at this. Or else I need some tougher ones.

Want to take a guess at the 2nd one of my first batch? I swear that the answer is relatively easy.

I just reread #1 in the second batch. The one who committed the crimes would be wet from the rain (unless he had the car heater going). The other could be arrested as an accomplice.

Back