G.A.S. is as Great As S..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could join one of those places where you rent DVDs by mail. Or if you really wanted it to keep you could buy it on line. I live in the states(Missouri) and I saw The Stand at K-Mart the other day. I think Wal-Mart on line has it too.

Somehow I like this picture a lot, from the photographer's view of course. He's doing push-ups. :)

push-up.jpg

What you think while looking at that pic is your business, not mine. :p

I don't know. I mean glasses are more Carmine's style. I prefer Gary without glasses.

I thought he looked VERY GOOD last night and more screen time than he has had lately. I certainly enjoyed that.

I liked him in the Forgotten he was very good, Blue I also like that picture :lol: I know where I'd like to be ;)

demor215 said:
I'm just so thrilled to have some Gary fans to talk to. I've been in lust since The Stand originally came out (1993 or so) and no one seemed to get it but me. You girls are a real treat.

Speaking of The Stand - do you know how Gary got the part of Stud Redman? (that's not a typo!)

See I have computer problems and I start to miss all the conversations. First of all demor215 welcome to the Gay madness. Secondly....yeeehaa another Stu Redman fan. I fell in lust err love with Gary the first time I saw this in 1994 in the UK. And I have been hooked ever since. Cant have to much East Texas. God he is hot in that film....

bittenbythewolf said: I never thought I'd find another person who fell in lust with Gary due to The Stand. Everyone's always "Oh, yeah, The Stand is good but I first saw him as Lt. Dan!" I was barely pubescent when The Stand came out and, in fact, didn't watch it on TV. I watched it for the first time...maybe a year or so later (I know I saw it before I saw Forrest Gump, that's for sure) and my little preteen heart fell head over heels for this guy. This many years later I still have a special place in my heart for Stu Redman.

Amen sister Stu is just to die for. He was my first Gary love as well and I have a very large soft spot for him. (No comments please). Im off to dig out my copy of The Stand and indulge in some drooling.

I read it again just recently. I just love to take my time and enjoy all the characterizations and all the depth in that book. Then sometimes, I just read the "good" parts. I seem to know where all of them are by heart. Wonder why?

Now don't shoot me ladies, but I've never seen him in the Stand is the movie worth buying I know I'm going to get screamed at but I don't care :lol:. Welcome back to the thread Fruutbat

I promise not to scream. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm sorry.

I'm not sure how to answer this question. For me, it was a no-brainer. I've loved the book for over 20 years, so when they finally got the miniseries made I went into it with an open mind, because sometimes Stephen King's book just don't translate well to the screen. In half an hour I was hooked. You need to know that it is a t.v. miniseries, not a theatrical release, so they were working with a small budget; that there are a lot of characters to keep track of and that there are some things that you would understand better if you read the book first. That said, rent it before you buy it and give it a try. Gary is wonderful! He is so kind and warm and I just fell in love. He hands- down gives the best performance in the entire thing. I hope you like it. Let us know what you think.

Wonderful pics of Gary! I prefer him without glasses but he still looks sexy.
I haven't seen the Stand either. I was probrably too young when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back