Former X-Philes, Unite!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 25, 2006.

1. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Mine are:

Bad Blood (the ep that started it for me, Luke Wilson caught my eye --- I'm told later on that that was like the THIRD S5 run for that particular local channel), Memento Mori, Triangle, PMP, Small Potatoes, Rain King Arcadia, Jose Chung's FOS, Home, Clyde Bruckman's FR, Roadrunners, Badlaa, Per Manum, Empedocles, Audrey Pauley, Improbable, Humbug, DeadAlive, Requiem, Irresistible, WotC, Never Again.

Man, I'd better stop. I still have a lot to go :lol:

2. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

I still have to laugh at Bad Blood, Luke Wilson was great. "Yeah, Obsessive" I love the way he said that...
    and DD singing shaft theme song priceless. Okay that does it I am gonna go watch it now. :D

3. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

bad blood, kill swithch, detour, post modern prometheus (i think thats what its called, the one with a monster in a basement who likes peanut butter), milagro, terms of endearment, the unnatral, field trip, travelers,all souls,

in short, alot mostly s5 and 6

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

fogi, I'm super jealous of you.. here one season runs about $120 Canadian. I used to work at a record store which carried DVDs, and even with my store discount there was no way I could afford that. sigh. Some day.

This thread inspired me to play my X-Files game, "Resist Or Serve". It's a Resident Evilesque zombie game, and it's TERRIFYING. My partner is a video game designer, and we have every game system released in the past 15 years, along with over 300 games. And I've NEVER played a scarier game. Seriously. But it's worth playing, cause there are lots of little shipper moments in there (Scully: "I should have stuck this needle in your ass, Mulder").

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Awww, I'm collecting all the dvds over the next few months!! Only about £13 from Amazon! Bargainous!! Not the best designed boxsets really to be honest, but it's the dvds that count since my vids are soooo crappy now from repeated viewings!

I can't pick faves!! Arg!! Umm, well just a few that spring to mind are... Bad Blood ("I was drugged!"), Small Potatoes, post modern prometheus, Triangle, and Irresistable (Aww, that still makes me squeak with fear!).

Don't know the names for the ones after s5 cause I taped them off tv, but I'm thinking of the funny Lone Gunmen one in Vegas, and the one with the alien baseball player. Aww....cute!!

6. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I *LOVED* "The X-Files" it is, and probably always will be, my all-time favorite show. However, they messed up a good thing with those final two seasons. They should have pulled the plug at the end of season seven, when David Duchovny was no longer willing to be on the show full-time.

7. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Another X-Phile here! I got into it around the second season. I had a really bitchy girlfriend (She became an Ex-gf) who was really shallow and didn't want to read comic books or watch sci-fi in her presence. Whatta bitch! My wife was an X-phile and we went to see "Fight the Future" not long after we were married in 1998.

I got hooked on CSI last summer when there was nothing but rerun on and I'd watch the shows on Spike-TV just becuase it was "new" to me. We both observed that the flashlights and the autopsies were A LOT like the X-Files and she figured that was part of why I got hooked on CSI.

We both really enjoyed "I Like To Watch' and the episode where the dead Alien-costumed minister's body was found in Area 51, "Viva Las Vegas". We expected to see Mulder and Scully show up. I also guarantee you if Frank Black and/or Fox Mulder showed up in "The Strip Strangler" and helped out, Grissom would never have been suspended and that security guard would have been caught A LOT faster!

I really wish that TPTB would get Chris Carter or some of the stable of X-Files writers to do a couple of CSI epsiodes...

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

my friend and i once brought up that david duchovny would be a great guest star on csi.
    mulder is very similar to grissom in a way.
    you might not believe this, but i am telling the truth :
    i met david duchovny's uncle. serious.
    i live in israel. 3 years ago, i worked as a cashier in a supermarket. one day, an older couple came to the checkout. they spoke only english. it didnt surprise me, because the neighborhood where the supermarket is is a mostly american area. i had never seen them before. the man gave me a credit card to run through. it said duchovny on it. being the x phile that i am, i asked him if he is related to david duchovny, expecting to hear "no, everyone asks me that" but i was wrong. he said that his brother is david's father. his daughter (david's cousin) lives in a small town here, not far from where my parents live. i asked if they see david much, and they said that they see him rarely, only at family events.
    you dont have to believe me, but whats true is true.
    sometimes people think that because i live far away, i miss out...i saw george clooney and eric la salle once. when we moved here 10 years ago. i guess ive seen more famous ppl here than i did when i lived in pittsburgh :)

9. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

I have often thought that if David came to CSI it would be great to watch, (not that it would happen)even if Mulder came to CSI it would be cool I think Scully and Grissom would get along better just because Scully is about the science and what the evidence proves. She could come in and do some autopsies on a wierd case. haha yeah right, I know I am off my nut but oh well.

That's cool pabzi did he look like David?

10. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^That would be awesome! Scully doing the autopsy for the CSI folks, I mean. Since Doggett is former NYPD, maybe he could pull strings and have Scully do one for Mac :lol:

11. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I had expected Mulder and Scully to show up too! :lol: Mulder looking at the "alien" and cracking some joke, and Scully looking at him in all seriousness. :lol:

forensicsgirl you're lucky to be able to get the DVDs at such a great discount. I only have the series on VHS tapes which I recorded off the television. :p I need to save me some money. :(

Has anyone heard the song "Mulder and Scully" sung by Catatonia? I really loved it during my XF-obsession days. :) Heh.

Wow, I have plenty of favorite XF eppies. But I dislike those featuring CSM aka Cancer Man. I just hateeee that guy! :mad: :p Like I have mentioned, Arcadia's one of my tops. They just look so cute together! :D

12. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Things are getting strange
    I'm starting to worry
    This could be a case
    For Mulder and Scully

I like that song, too. Hee. I made my own XF cd back in the day. I put in Bree Sharp's DD song, Extremis, as well as other GA songs (the artists of which escape me at the moment --- gahd, I *really* need brush up on XF again) and several "shippy" songs like Cher's "Walking In Memphis" and Foo Fighters' "Walking After You".

I posted this in my LJ as well --- have you guys seen this beauty of a boxed set? It's awesome! And I want one.

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

he didnt look like david. if i hadnt seen the name on the card and asked, i never would have known.

i dont like that song, the words are goog, but the tune is way too poppy.
    i have the fight the future soundtrack and songs in the key of x. great songs. my favorites are walking after you, foo fighters, unmarked helicopters, soul coughing, read right hand, nick cave, and unexplained, meat puppets.

14. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

I liked the X-files movie soundtrack as well, I have 3 copies of it because I am hopelessly forgetful and would misplace them. I didn't even realize that I owned 3 copies until the other day when I was going through some of my cds.

15. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

:lol: i put most of the songs in my comp, cause now that i have it i only listen to cds when im out