Former X-Philes, Unite!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

I loved the X files, I haven't seen the show in ages but I watched the film again last week. Prefer the early episodes but it was a fantastic series.

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wow...here already have x-files thread :)
    i can`t believe ?! :eek:

i miss so much this show....x-files is my first love...from there is my nick name in Miami forum...i still have x-files (from the movie) poster in my room...and never will re-move it ... have all S 1-7 in DC(DVD) ... and even some books with storys not from any epi (published in my country 5 count) ...but Mulder go off in the end of S7 and i stop whatch this show... :( but still i`m in a wait for the 2 x-files movie...i know it will be make this year 2006.. :D

3. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

Season 8 of X-Files drove me crazy with angst with Mulder and Scully, but it was decent. I hated the way they began season 9 though, with Mulder in Scully's shower and then gone. I thought that they should have given DD more money, I mean its near the end of the series anyways and he is one of the main characters.

Oh and for those of you who don't already own the seasons they are re-releasing them at a lower price. I know I have seen some of them in Walmart for around $40.

About X-Files 2, I haven't heard about them making one yet. I know they have spoken to DD and GA about it and they were for it. CC supposidly needed to come up with a script that everyone could agree on. But hopefully soon!

So what is everyone's top 5(or 10 if you need it) favorite episodes of X-Files?

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Honestly, David Duchnovney didn't leave because of money. He left because he and his wife just had a new son, and wanted to be with his family more.

5. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

I already know I am a big geek, so I am not ashamed to be an x-files junkie. Actually, I was Scully for halloween this past year. I got hooked around the second season, when I was in high school. (yes, this ages me!)

When I started college, I joined a sorority and found someone else who loved x-files as much as I did and we would order pizza and tune out the world for an hour every Sunday evening at 8:00 p.m. I even have framed pictures of Scully that I was given as a gift from yet another friend who is an even bigger x-files geek than I am. I loved Gillian Anderson's character Scully and wanted to be her some day!

My favorite episode of X-files? I can't really say, but I loved "Pusher", is that the name of it? Also the one where Scully gets the tattoo, "Never again"? ok, I loved them all! :)

6. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Woot! This is my favorite sci-fi show alrite! :D *Looks at avvie* And David's my fav man. :D

I started watching the show only during it's 3rd season, and I got so, erm, "devoted" ;) that I watched everything before that through VHS. After I saw the movie Fight The Future, my "devotion" started again. :lol: I searched one site after another for X-Files fan vids and I would spend entire days watching them. :D

And yep, I'm a Mulder/Scully shipper. :) After I saw the movie, I wanted to whack that stinkin' bee that stung Scully! :mad: I think you know why. ;) *wink wink wink*

My favorite eppies are the hilarious ones, the in-between ones and those with the Lone Gunmen. :) Like: Bad blood, Small Potatoes, Arcadia, Paper Hearts and Rain King.

:eek: *thud* Lucky Ziggy! How fortunate! :D

After Mulder left, that's when my interest started to dwindle down. Agent Doggett's just not the same. :p

7. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

I have two friends who I used to get together with and we would have x-files marathons and watch all of the seasons on DVD. Yes, we stayed up for at least three or so days, only sleeping for an hour at a time and eating junk food.

and Ziggy , that is awesome!!!!!!! I will have to go and watch that episode again just to see you!!! :)

I too am a total Mulder/Scully shipper, and yes, SidLer I too wanted to smack that bee!!!!! ;)

8. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^Haha. Didn't see the film on the big screen as I started rather late. But yeah, that scene was just awesome.

Yay on MSR-lurve! I swear I was sliding off my seat when I first saw the very end. With Mulder hitching his thigh on top of Scully's...yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

9. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I am SO happy that this thread is nice and active.. I knew there had to be a million Philes on here ;)

So did y'all find me in Synchrony? I feel... famous. hee.

I love so many episodes it's hard to narrow them down. Hm. Bad Blood, Arcadia, Memento Mori, Syzygy, Small Potatoes.. oh God, so many. Pusher, Squeeze/Tooms.. I could go on for years.

10. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

Oh yes, me too ranma I was crying off and on during the last epi. When Scully goes to the prison to see Mulder and they kiss I still get a little misty thinking about it. I would rewind that part over and over.
    My Favorite epis were of course Bad Blood,Je Souhaite, Closure (I bawled through that one), Pusher, and the last epi. There are more but those are the ones that come to mind first.

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was given an alert to come here! did someone say that xf was their life in highschool? total agreement. it was the one thing that kept me out of a mental hospital. im serious. im a little more stable now, but csi helps that. mulder was, and still is a big influence in my life. the truth is what counts. people have always lied to me. what counts is to stay above thae water. i learned so much from him *waves to pusher and sidler*
    i'll be back :)

12. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Woot! Another X-phile here! :) I was completely addicted to the show and I am a total MSR shipper (this was one of my first serious ships, in fact) I've just recently started buying the dvd boxsets (I have 1-3 so far) and am loving re-living all my favorite XFiles moments.

13. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Yay! fogi's a Phile! w00t! I'm too poor to afford the DVDs myself. sigh. They're ridiculously expensive.. but I still have something like 40 tapes of old episodes, so I'm set for the moment. One day when I'm a rich doctor I'll be able to buy the DVDs.

14. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: I too will buy all of the DVD's when I finish grad school and start making the big bucks! *crosses fingers*

15. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Well, I work part-time for a high-street retailer (I refuse to give Richard Branson free publicity, so I won't mention the company here ;) ) and we're currently selling them for £19.99 per series (plus, I get staff discount) ;) So while I can't afford to buy them all in one go (oh, how I wish I could have bought the 1-9 boxset :( ) i can pick them up a series at a time and eventually have the whole lot.

I see that some people have been listing their favorite episodes - a tough thing to do, but I'll try...

One Breath
    Memento Mori
    Humbug (I love it when they do comedy)
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    The Field Where I Died
    Home (creepy & grotesque! :D )
    Small Potatoes
    Paper Hearts
    Bad Blood
    Christmas Carol/Emily
    Existence

Yeah, i think the list is long enough now :lol: