Former X-Philes, Unite!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

^Oh, Kitty, you're making me feel ooollld. hehe.

I started watching when I was 8, when the show first started. I was madly obsessed with Lois and Clark at the time, so it wasn't until that show ended in 97 that my X-Files obsession took over, but I still watched it every week. There were a few episodes that prompted my mom to threaten to ban me from it, saying I was too young, but I always begged until I won my case :D

I myself was never a huge fan of Doggett.. I'm a classic Files fan and I was not appreciative of the changes that came in with Doggett and Reyes. I missed Mulder :(

2. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Thanks, the pup is striving to be a puffin and I'm so glad a long time X-Phile can feel my pain when it comes to the conspiracy.

3. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

yeah, well i was little when this show was aired, so i didn't get it :p i remember how my dad was watching, and i was watching with him just because of aliens! :lol: so i grow up and ...i don't get it anyway! :lol: kidding.. :p

4. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

Oh God, I was totally obsessed with this show! It was my first TV show obsession - I even taped them onto video AND made covers with the episode titles on them! I obviously had too much spare time back then! I actually lost faith in it when Mulder and Scully left. For me, it just wasn't the same. There was no way the old T2 could ever replace The Duchovny. I don't even recall seeing the last season.

Did anyone else have those collectible game cards things? They came in a box and you could buy packs that went with them. I can remember it being quite confusing! I also got bought a trivia game that came with a VHS (yes kids, there was technology BEFORE dvds!)... :)

Ah, Mulder and Scully you are missed! :(

5. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

X-Files was 1st tv show obsession too!oh god,i loved it so much back then!
    every week i went to the store and bought all the magazines who were talking about it!i even had gillian anderson haircut and color!
    and i still have this"i want to believe"poster in my room!i just can't throw it away!

6. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

X-files will stay forever!
    somebody will say: what was that? second person: uuu-iiiuuuu! (x-files theme song) :lol:
    or: 'look, there in sky' second guy: Aliens! call Mulder and Scully! :lol:

Forever! :cool:

7. ziggystarduzt

Once I called up the local radio station during request hour and asked for the XF theme song. Because this is Vancouver? They actually played it. heh. It was totally a top 40 station too. Brilliant.

I had all those collectible card thingies, and I had over 300, and I taped them up all over my bedroom wall. Ohhhh, those were the days.

8. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

see, X-files are like Elvis ! never forget! :D

gosh i hope our channel will show re-runs of 8 an 9 session.. they will.. i can feel it! :lol:
    i have two 'I Can't Believe' posters on my wall! one is original and second one is with aliens head and this quote :p
    Gee, i think i am fun forever, because i will never stop believe Aliens! :devil: the truth is out there! ;)

9. ziggystarduzt

I just found season 2 on ebay for bid at $1.10 on DVD! I'm already bidding on another item *coughloisandclarkseason3* so I'm not gonna go for it, but I thought some of you might be interested....

10. ziggystarduzt

Hey! You people! Be the good X-Philes you are and care! ;)

Today I watched "Ice" from season 1.. a fantastic episode indeed.. that's the one where they're stuck in the arctic with the worms that drive people mad. You know, they crawl under the skin? Yeah. Well I loved it. And the female scientist that goes nutsoid due to the worms was played by Felicity Huffman from Desperate Housewives (and forgive me, I LOVE DH), so that was extra glee.

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That's such an old school episode, Zigs! I haven't watched much X-Files lately because in my area they're rerunning seasons 8 and 9 which I didn't watch the first time around! However, about a month ago I watched, "Monday," which is a total classic. Any ep that opens up with Mulder and Scully dying a bloody, explosive death is intriguing! :)

12. ziggystarduzt

^Awwww, Monday rules.. that's the one where they keep reliving the bank heist over and over, right? And Mulder's waterbed keeps bursting.. that was one of the last good eps. Aw, how I miss the good ones...

13. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

I started watching during Season 4 (the first ep I saw was "Kaddish"), after a friend of mine was completely enamored with DD. Despite starting late, I became utterly obsessed myself with XF and still love it to this day. In fact, I just got S4 for my b-day this year. Yay!

14. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Lucky you FlackAttack! I don't even have one Season on DVD. :lol: I'd like to purchase the entire set, but I bet it costs a bomb. :eek: Monday is one of my fav episodes. Waterbed bursting, wet carpet, watching Mulder go insane over and over again.. it's all good. :lol: I like funny/weird eps like that. Bad Blood's the best!

15. ziggystarduzt

I'm jealous! I still don't have XF on DVD. sigh. I got Lois and Clark and now X-Files is next on the list. If I get all 9 seasons for about $50 each, I'll be spending about $500 on them. That frightens me so.