Forensic Science Trivia Game!

Ok got a good one. There is 3 parts to it so if you can only get a few then thats cool. Here goes:

Who is considered a founder of the science of Ballistics and when and where was he/she born?

Hmmm, could it be Dr. Calvin Goddard?
His lab opened in Illinois in 1929.

But I have no idea where and when he was born ;)

If you want you can either have a clue or I can give you the answer and someone else can ask a question.

Let me know either way.

Was it Baron Jurij Vega, born 1754 (died 1802) in the village of Zagorica, Slovenia?

This isn't going anywhere so I give up the answers are as follows:

It was Sir Andrew Noble who was considered a founder of the science of Ballistics.

He was born on 13 September 1831 in Greenock, Scotland. (<<my home town)

Since this thread hasn't been active since October, I thought I'd post a question just for fun, should be easy for everyone (I hope):

Name the Parent Alcohol and Carboxylic acid for the Ester pentyl ethanoate.

oh man, its been a while since organic chem, its either pentanoic acid and ethanol or ethanoic acid and pentanol
i cant remember the order!!

ok i finally thought of something! (plus i also forgot about this thread :lol:)
probably my favourite thing i learned in high school:
true or false? jfk was shot from the front. use physics to explain your answer

False Kennedy was shot in the back.
The bullet entered the cranial vault at the back of the skull and this is shown by the smaller wound, this is because the skull has elastic recoil and it causes the opening to shrink after a missile has passed through it. When a bullet enters the cranial vault at one point and exits at another, it causes a bevelling or cratering effect where the diameter of the hole is smaller on the impact side than on the exit side. From this you can conclude that Kennedy was shot in the back and from above.

yep, its false
what we learned is that some people think that he was shot from the front because his head snaps back. but we used conservation of momentum to show that because of the mass of his head that flew forward after the bullet, his head had to snap back

Back