Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
penguinpie said:
Hmmm, I don't think he's all that intimidated or insecure about any knowledge gap between himself and the CSIs. On the whole, he probably feels that they do their thing, he does his, and its all good. I think he understands a lot of what they go on about, in general terms anyway. People rattling off chemical compounds, like that's supposed to mean something, would make anyone roll their eyes a bit.

Yeah, I love his reactions when the CSIs get super-nerdy. Flack does always come across as very confident, something I really like about his character. He seems sure of himself and who he is.

In neither Trapped nor the ep with Aiden, did it really appear to bother him. If anything, I think he'd rather they just got to the point. He can put up with technobabble because it kind of amuses him, I think.

Yeah, sometimes he gets this great smirk on his face and you know he's thinking "you guys are such nerds." I love that. It's fun to see him react to the long words and technical terms.

As to 'Sleight of Hand', I think he was more bothered by being essentially brushed off by Hawkes. And reacted to the first thing that came to mind. I have to say, Hawkes seems to have been surprisingly mean about it. Still, Flack knew that RNA and DNA were related but not the same, so I don't think he's totally clueless. :)

Good point! And Hawkes was kind of condescending. I'd love to see that explored. Flack and Hawkes really are at opposite ends of the spectrum and it would be great to see if there is friction between them.

Other posters have said that Flack is touchier this year and more volatile. Maybe it's all one and the same; a bit of lingering PTSD making him feel less confident in himself generally. :rolleyes: God forbid, that the writers should ever reference such a traumatic event in anyway. [end sarcasm]

Is he snarkier than in previous years? I think the only thing that's stood out for me is the clashing with Mac, and that was because of a specific incident. As for PTSD, I don't know. Flack's a pretty tough guy--not to say at all that PTSD doesn't affect tough people, because it does--but Flack seems to have recovered well. Still, it would have been nice if we'd seen some references to the bombing, even in Mac and Flack's interactions together.

Ack! We've dropped to page 2! So not on!

As for PTSD, I don't know. Flack's a pretty tough guy--not to say at all that PTSD doesn't affect tough people, because it does--but Flack seems to have recovered well. Still, it would have been nice if we'd seen some references to the bombing, even in Mac and Flack's interactions together.

Flack is a strong guy. He's especially good at being strong for other people, such as Danny and Stella. He's quick to put himself between others and harm, but we really haven't seen anyone return the favour. He seems to have recovered from his ordeal well, but sometimes these problems take a while to show up. He probably would be the sort of person who'd cover up any stress until he just couldn't anymore.

How do you think the rest of the cast would react if cracks in the Super!Flack facade did start to show?

penguinpie said:
How do you think the rest of the cast would react if cracks in the Super!Flack facade did start to show?

Well I think it would be hard for them to take. Flack is so unfaultering that I think it would be a little unnerving to see him crack. He has that perfect "SuperHero" outside, always trying to take care of everyone else. I think that if you take that away from him he would not only crack but he would shatter. It is his identity. He is the one who is always in control. It would be hard for him to operate without that facade.

I think that the rest of the team would be able to see it right away. He wouldn't have his confidence or swagger. He wouldn't be Flack.
I think Stella would be supportive, Mac would be supportive too but he wouldn't let it slide for too long. He would tell Flack to take some time off.

As for Danny, I think Danny would try and play it off. I don't think that Danny would be able to deal with Flack faultering. Flack has always been the stable one in that relationship. I don't know if he would be able to deal with Flack not being there to take care of him.
Lyndsey and Hawkes wouldn't really have a lot to say. It would kinda be like at the end of season two, They never seemed all that close so it would be hard to image them interacting over something like this.

penguinpie said:
Flack is a strong guy. He's especially good at being strong for other people, such as Danny and Stella. He's quick to put himself between others and harm, but we really haven't seen anyone return the favour. He seems to have recovered from his ordeal well, but sometimes these problems take a while to show up. He probably would be the sort of person who'd cover up any stress until he just couldn't anymore.

I think if it did start to show, it would be Flack lashing out in anger, which, as snarky as he is, is somewhat out of character. We've seen him lose his cool a little bit a few times--with Mac in "Sweet 16," with Linda Perez in "Trapped," and I think with one other suspect--but for all of his snark, he doesn't really get angry.

Were PTSD to show up, I'd expect to see him lashing out at people he's close to. I think it would be especially surprising to see him take it out on Stella or Danny, since he's clashed with both Mac and Hawkes a little bit, and doesn't seem too fond of Lindsay. I think if he got pissy with Stella, she'd call him on it right away. I don't think Danny would be able to deal--as flacksgirl mentioned, Danny relies on Flack to be the strong, stable one, and I think he'd be hurt if Flack lashed out at all him and would probably retreat. But Stella is good on calling people out on stuff like that--she's done it with both Mac and Lindsay in the past. I think she'd confront him and try to get him to talk about his issues.

OOOHHH!!! If you haven't been to the CBS site and watched the new preview for the next new episode then definetely go. It has lots of Flack. It shows him getting snappy with Mac and calling him out. I think that Flack is going to have a great part in the new episode. It is the Cold Case cross over episode I think!!!!

Hey * Waves *
Okay. I have only just started to like Mr Flack. I need to be slapped. I have watches SOOOO many episodes of NY I have only just noticed how sexy he is. What.Is.Wrong.With.Me?!?!!?

Lol ;) ;)
The lads I like out of all the CSI's are

LV - Greggo
Miami - Ryan Wolfe, Eric Delko and Horatio is quite hot
NY - FLACK ;) and Danny

flacksgirl said:
OOOHHH!!! If you haven't been to the CBS site and watched the new preview for the next new episode then definetely go. It has lots of Flack. It shows him getting snappy with Mac and calling him out. I think that Flack is going to have a great part in the new episode. It is the Cold Case cross over episode I think!!!!

Oooh, Flack getting pissed at Mac and calling him out??? LOVE IT!!!! :D :D :D Can't wait to see how it all plays out...

It looks to me like Mac is going to have to take some of his own medicine. He has been so hard on Flack in the past, it looks like Flack gets to give a little back.

I, too, wish more reference had been made to Flack's recovery. Although, and I'm definitely no expert, I don't think he necessarily would have suffered any lasting trauma from the incident. People react differently to traumatic experiences and some are able to bounce back more quickly than others, with seemingly few lingering effects - perhaps the writers have written Flack as one such person. He comes from a long line of police officers and is probably well aware of what could happen to him when he goes to work. This in itself may have enabled him to more easily accept what happened to him and thus, mentally recover from it. Of course, as much as I like Flack and would like to see more of him, I recognize that he is a supporting character. As a result, the writers/producers may not feel it is necessary to explore his recovery in detail - it is enough for us to see that he has obviously recovered well.

On another Flack note, I consider him to be one of the more intelligent characters on the show. He may not have the book smarts that the CSIs do, but he has shown he has the street smarts necessary to be successful in his line of work. I also think, as others have pointed out, that he understands far more than he lets on.

Anyway, great thread! I'm new to posting - I've enjoying reading the various discussions and thought I'd join in the fun!

Has anyone seen this? Eddie is basically doing a blog, following his favourite team the NY Rangers during the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs. There are some photos of him with the legendry cup along with his thoughts on how is team is performing in the first round. Fun stuff to read & follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back