Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK as i'm british and know next to nothing about Ice hocky i won't even try and join in the conversation above, fankly i'd just emabarrass myself!

But i have read Eddies blog, and from my own personal point of view i love it, i don't really get everything regards the team discussion but he is funny, down to earth and charming, he is clearly interested in others opinions and views as he does respond to the comments that strike a cord with him. Plus he love a bit of verbal sparring!!

Sounds a little liek a description of Flack... i also liked how in Consequences you here Falck ask one of his colleagues if they caught the Rangers game the night before... Bigging up his team!! :lol:

I don't know much about ice hockey either as i'm from hong kong and go to a british school. The only stuff i do know is from the movie "Miracle" which i only watched because Eddie was in it. I personally think that Consequences is one of the best episodes, and really showed flack character.

Don't hate me, Eddie, but I couldn't care less about hockey. :lol:

Getting back to the topic of Flack--what did you guys think about his face off with Mac in "Past Imperfect"? Personally, I love that he called Mac out onto the carpet for making things more difficult for them and at the same time acknowledged that Mac was right to do what he did and catching Dobson was something they needed to tackle as a team. What did you guys think?

We wanted a Flack who will figh to regain his control over everything that's happening around him, and we have him.

His face off whith Mac was absolutely brilliant; we could see how he felt guilty about it, but at the same time he wanted to make Mac realise how he was right in Consecuences and to get Dobson out of the streets for good this time.

I loved how Flack handled that scene. Yes, he wanted to drive home that Mac going after Truby created a lot of problems for the police force, something Flack may have been considering at the time but Mac wasn't necessarily. However, Flack ultimately agrees that what Mac did was right. He just has some misgivings about it. I like how that came across in that scene.

Anybody seen the preview for the nex ep? In it Flack appears having a discussion with Mac about how the departament can't afford to lose him and Mac tells him that it's not about the departament, it's about him.

I can see Flack almost reaking in that secuence (am I the only one?). Appart from the fact he appears to be shaken and worried, is something else; it looks as if he hasn't shaven. I know it can be something stupid, but remember Flack is man that has to have everything under control, even his appearance (let's forget for a second his taste for shirts and ties), and appearing with a two-days beard maybe means he's losing his control again.

Losing Truby in Consecuences, one of his guys, maybe was a very big shok for him, but as we saw in Cold Reveal, he has his doubts about what Mac did in that roof, so he is again between a friend and the departamanet.

I think Flack would definitely see Mac clashing with the higher ups as a bad situation. Flack seems to be something of a peacemaker--his perspective is to stay calm and let the system work things out. That's what he said to Danny in "On the Job," and I have a feeling he'll say something similar to Mac. I wonder how he'll take Mac saying that it's all about him, not the department. That's as irrational as Danny claiming no one has his back. I wonder if Flack will be as patient with Mac as he was with Danny.

poison girl said:
Anybody seen the preview for the nex ep? In it Flack appears having a discussion with Mac about how the departament can't afford to lose him and Mac tells him that it's not about the departament, it's about him.

I can see Flack almost reaking in that secuence (am I the only one?). Appart from the fact he appears to be shaken and worried, is something else; it looks as if he hasn't shaven. I know it can be something stupid, but remember Flack is man that has to have everything under control, even his appearance (let's forget for a second his taste for shirts and ties), and appearing with a two-days beard maybe means he's losing his control again.

What you mention about the beard and his general appearance is interesting - if Flack and Mac are heading for a showdown I wonder if anything about CoTP will be mentioned after all, given that Mac saved Flack's life and now he appears to be questioning Mac's actions. It is interesting the writers have put these two particular characters at loggerheads especially heading towards the season finale when in last season's finale they were both heroes. If Flack is indeed losing control again, maybe being stuck in between his saviour and the department will be what pushes him over the edge? :rolleyes:

I never noticed the beard, but I wasn't watching the preview that closely. Anyone have a cap? If he does have one, it would strike me as odd since he would be appearing before his superiors. I can't see Flack coming before them looking like a bum on a bender. It may well be that they called him in off a double or triple shift and he hasn't had a chance to shave.

Or maybe Eddie was just growing a playoff beard for his Rangers:)

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who sees this kind of things!

The fact that it was Mac who saved his life can be a very interesting point of view, 'cause maybe Mac can see this acts as some kind of betrayal coming from the man he saved. Of course Flack can't forget the fact that Mac saved him, maybe was that what made him give his notebook, because I don't think he'd give it to any other cop. Then he chosed the man who saved him opposite one of his subordinates, now he sees the real consecuences his acts had, like Mac losing it cause he felt responsable of Dobson geting out of jail.

Assuming of course that TPTB have even remembered what they did in the S2 finale.

One thing that bugged me about that whole notebook/drugs case thing. The case was supposed to have happened six months before the ep 'Consequences'. Only that would have put it happening around the same time as Flack got blown up. Obviously it must have been before the bomb...only in that case, why wasn't Flack's notebook a little singed around the edges? Heck, for that matter, if Flack had been carrying it during the bombing, wouldn't it have been entered into evidence on the day and Mac would have just had to go down to the evidence lockup and check it out from there!

Although I suppose once the case was closed, any personal items belonging to Flack would have been returned to him.
Heh, it would have been a nice bit of continuity though if Flack had produced a bloodstained notebook for Mac to read and said "Sorry, you might not be able to get anything from it!"

I really don't think the bomb had anything to do with the dean truby thing. The notebook would probably not have been with the evidence since it really had nothing to do with the case, and even if it was they would have given it back to him, since the target was Mac. If the notebook was bloodstained, then why would he keep it in his drawer and hesitate when mac asked for it?
Anyways, here's a pic of him in the preview.

Does Flack carry his log book with him everywhere, or is it the kind of thing he writes in when he gets back to the station?

I saw the preview last night during Miami, and it does look like Flack has a five o'clock shadow! Now, it could be that they just shot those scenes late and didn't shave Eddie again, or it could be that Flack is feeling some stress from this situation. While he doesn't agree with Mac 100%, he does feel for the guy and did want to work with him on getting Dobson. Flack's also something of a peacemaker--in "Raising Shane" he did plead Mac's case to his captain and separate the two. So it could be that the tension in the department is getting to him. That would be interesting to see.

Flack was absolutely brilliant in the last episode. The fact that he was between his friend and his superiors didn't made him weak, made him take out the strenght we saw in the firt season.

The scene with danny was the best one I've seen in a lot of tiem. He even made him see the reason why, at least, he does that work, for the parets that say thank you when they get their child murderer. Maybe that's a hint, the real reason why Flack is a Homicide detective instead narco or anti-vice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back