Fifth Season Of 'CSI' Will Focus On Characters

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 16, 2004.

1. SarahK

SarahK Pathologist

ok, just an idea to freak out the G/S Shippers out there, Sara's secret is that grissom's her Dad and that's why we can see Grissom cry :lol: (Can you tell I'm not a G/S Shipper?;) )

2. Guest

Guest Guest

SarahK I like that! I'm not a G/S shipper either. It would be a blow to those who are though. It would be interesting, but it is highly improbable. But it would be funny...LOL

:D :lol: :) :D :lol: :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i was thinking about it some more, and i think Griss knew. I mean, we all know he can be an ass to her *cough*season4*cough*, but if you cared about someone, don't you think you'd ask? and, referring to SL&L again, Grissom says, and I quote, "you have empathy for her Sara. You want someone to pay for what was sone to her." HA! empathy: you can relate sympathy: you cant relate, but you want to comfort and whatnot. I believe either 1: he knew about an abusive boyfriend, and like tried to get her to leave or something, or 2: He helped her work through the after math of a rape.

last possibility: I highly doubt this... the writers aren't THAT nice... but if they were to give us GSR/ college backstory... i would... i d k, but i'd LOVE them!!!

4. SarahK

SarahK Pathologist

ty;) I agree it's highly improbable, but definitely fun :D

5. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

I'm on the Sara was raped bandwagon too. But if that's what happened, it was most likely high school or college...any younger would be a repeat of what happened to Nick.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Good catch on the "Empathy." Truly a good point.... but then aren't we still supposed to learn something about Sarah that Grissom doesn't even know??? I mean, we are supposed to find out what makes her tick.....

I think Grissom could just see it in her face... he "knows" but doesn't know EXACTLY what happened, and maybe it's a lot worse than he thought....

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with you there Alyssa, you can guess what happened to someone based on their reaction to things. So while we are all (me included) pretty certain she was raped/attacked based on eps like CoR, CT, Bloodlines, TTtD and SL&L. I have a feeling that it is that and more, like by someone she trusted, or we are all wrong and its something completely different.

What I'm wondering is how and when they will present it. I'm thinking, and hoping, during November Sweeps and not at then end of the season (that would drive me nuts)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

i could be wrong but that case the women was not raped she was beat by her husband....

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Hmmmmsies.... well... the only problem with when Sarah's story will come out is the whole Cath thing. It looks like the first part of season five is really focusing on Cath's problems as Season four did... hopefully, though, they'll get Cath out of the way... so I'm thinking February sweeps for the Sarah thing... I mean, delaying it all the way to May just seems rediculous.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i just hope they dont do the Sara thing around Feb 2. But i wish they would give it a rest with Cath. Every season there is something with her. Also if i am wrong about the rape idea, guess what that is life. For the writers sometimes they forget what has been said and that. Cause Sara is an only child with a brother dont forget that.

11. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I think that if Sara has been abused, she was raped by someone she trusted, like a boyfriend.
    And also for a long period of time, to make it even more dramatic.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Ditto on the Cath stuff! I know that she's the headliner next to Grissom, but I'd really like to learn more about Sara and Warrick especially. Ya know? I've been reading the spoilers for upcoming episodes, and it's all Catherine again... *sigh*

I saw someone post they think it was a longterm boyfriend abuse - I see that as a definite possibility. I have a friend whose husband was terribly abusive...

The one thing is that, this guy had to have gotten away with it... I mean, completely clean... or else she wouldn't still be searching for payback.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

What happened to Nick?

I kinda hope Sara's secret isn't that she was raped...that's just kind of cliched. It would make for good drama, but I hope it's something more unusual, maybe even something that would bring her and Grissom closer.

14. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Ok. I came up with a scenario.

JUST MY RANDOM SCENARIO - Not Fact... just... my idea on how it COULD go. :)

<my random scenario>

They're working a case of a guy who supposedly raped and killed a girl, but the evidence just isn't there to convict him. They can hold him, but not much longer. Sara wigs out. So Grissom figures out where she's hiding and talks to her.

It seems the guy raped her years ago. She had been his live-in girlfriend... and things turned really bad, but she didn't know how to get out. She couldn't go home to her mom after breaking one of her cardinal rules ("Don't move in with any boys unless you're married.")

So she stays in the bad relationship, and it only gets worse. Turns out he and some buddies liked to record themselves doing terrible things to Sara. When she had had enough she tried to get a lawyer... to take him to court, but without the physical evidence she just didn't have enough (I'm setting this during her early college years in my head here...) Really, the guy bought off her lawyer. She's powerless.

She may or may not have gone back to him... she might not have felt she had the strength to get out of the relationship... who knows...

Grissom goes to talk to the perp, totally fired up. The guy just smiles smoothly. He's rich and can hire the best lawyers around. He's convinced Grissom can't touch him. Grissom slips something about Sara (I say this because of Butterflied. He got a little unprofessional and wasn't watching himself as much)... The guy laughs, says something lude about dating coworkers and how Sara was a great "ride." Grissom is getting really pissed...

Guy- "You do realize that when I walk, I'm going to make a fool of you. Are you really willing to lose it all for some chick?"

Pause

G- "Her name is Sara."

He gets a warrant for another search of his place to look for anything hidden... Cath comes back with a tape... Says they found it and she has watched it... she has bad news.

Grissom suddenly perks up. "Sara."

C- "How did you know?"

G- "No time to explain. Find out if we can use that."

C- "But they're releasing him in twenty minutes."

G- "Do your best. Find out if we can use that!"

The next shot is Sara standing outside the courthouse. She stares blankly. Cath comes up and joins her.

C- "Grissom did his best."

S- "I know. You can't catch them all I guess..."

C- "Yeah."

The door opens and the guy walks out. He sees Sara and smiles slyly.

Guy- "There she is. My old girl. Sorry you guys just didn't find what you wanted."

Sara doesn't say a word. She's clearly just standing there so he can see he can't get to her anymore. She's trying desperately to let it all go.

The guy smiles again, and starts to walk off.

G- "Stop him! Stop him right now!"

Brass rushes up and throws the cuffs on the guy.

B- "You are under arrest."

Guy- "This is rediculous! You said it yourself, the evidence didn't add up. I didn't rape or kill that girl."

G- "This isn't about [insert name here]. You're under arrest for the rape of Miss Sara Sidle ten years ago."

B- "It seems some memories just aren't meant to be kept on tape. Take him away."

Two guards come up and take the guy away. Sara has tears rolling down her face.

S- "How?"

G- "We did one final sweep this morning. Cath found the tape."

The overly emotional Sara proceeds to hug Grissom, for once, not caring about everyone around her. He hugs her back as the tears flow down her face.

</end random scenario>

Ta-da :)

15. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

Poor Nicky was molested as a child by a last-minute babysitter :(